NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I will join... cos like i said to Caris, we gotta fit in as much as possible before Wednesday.

Oh i will be on at like half Nine.. ish

Oh is it that time already

*sigh*

Mind you I loved it when shigsy called out bungie saying he could of made the game. Gotta love shigsy for that. HA HA.

*Checks watch Software enginerring and hci exam nearly time*

I would, least outside the Halo 3 beta period, ie today, tomorrow and maybe some of wednesday.

How about after that period, say like during the summer would you be up for it?

Ill buy it its just that I wont bother if Im paying €80 for the privelage of having a game I cant complete and get a Halo 3 beta for my trouble - which isnt really reason enough to get one

Any other takers?

Whoo.

I did a lot of dithering and thinking since I last posted in this thread, and I've decided I will get a 360. :)

If I revise hard and pass my web design exam with a high mark this week, I'll slap down an order for that Amazon UK bundle (Gears, Crackdown, and premium, maybe with a third for £25 extra).

I considered PS3, but:

1) 360 has better game library atm and it looks to really be improving now that more RPGs are on their way.

2) PS3 is way more expensive and probably one for the future. A considerable amount of its titles are also coming out on 360. Maybe I'll see in a year or so.

3) Bioshock is coming out within a few months, and maybe Microsoft will eventually get around to that downloadable HD content.

4) PS3 has no rumble! Seriously though, it's not essential to me but I do like having feedback in certain games (sports, fighting). I like the feeling of being connected to the game.

I still don't like the 360's reputation on reliability, but I'll give it a chance and baby it (good ventliation etc.) in the hopes it'll last me a long time.

You made the right choice!

Might be worth considering this deal: http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/3359247/Xbox-360-Premium-Console-4-Games-Extra-Controller/Product.html

How about after that period, say like during the summer would you be up for it?

Ill buy it its just that I wont bother if Im paying €80 for the privelage of having a game I cant complete and get a Halo 3 beta for my trouble - which isnt really reason enough to get one

Any other takers?

Thats fine, as soon as June hits i'll have 3 months of pretty much non stop free time.

I realised I have no lessons until 2:10 tommorow, so I'll be on Gears for a while tonight. I hope for Phee and Nintenchris to keep me company into the early hours of the morning. :grin:

Bard ..nooo I guess I should do that aswell but I just don't want to. I'll fail all my exams anyway.

Sorry to break up the Bard/ Stevkov uber pwnage team dude :heh:. It's less than a month though, we'll be playing again in no time ;).

My copy of crackdown arrived today. The guy said on eBay it was the PAL version but it's actually the NTSC-J (?) version, fortunately it still works. That guys getting negative though, if it didn't work I would be mad. I also paid £2 for postage, he sent it out the cheapest option possible - 2nd class, 60p.

Sorry to break up the Bard/ Stevkov uber pwnage team dude :heh:. It's less than a month though, we'll be playing again in no time ;).

Lol it's an F not a v :heh:

When you get back be ready to team with me for some pwnge.

Last night was pretty funny, I killed all of the other team, 3 on 2, me and Phee together methinks. I should have left it on a high, but I ended up playing on and playing crap.

I've just been informed that my copy of Crackdown will arrive within 48 hours.

Excellent. :)

Very nice headshots today though Calza, you're a great sniper.

I think Calza should get a custom name thing: "Sniper God".

YEs, bloody Calza and the bloody sniper.

I think Calza is using a Action reply to get headshots all the time :P

My thoughts exactly... i just didnt want to stand still when i knew he was just waiting to headshot me as soon a i did.

lol

Ohhh Heroes gamer pictures and themes, hopefully they will be good.

DAMN! I just really struck the nerve of this PS3 Fanboy on Kotaku. He made a point saying the 360 had very little variety and few decent RPGs. I gave him some examples with my counter point and he went nuts saying th PS3 has loads of RPGs, which I had never disputed. Raging fanboys, can't live with them....errr, yup, just can't live with them!

I know...just a typo :heh:

Yeah, we'll pwn ass in a few weeks :).

I forgive you. lol.

Got 10 easy points for watching someone elses tennis match on VT3. Shweet

Aegis Wing is going to be the this weeks arcade game but it will be free for a while however it looks like it will only be out in America. It actually looks pretty good but it's damn annoying how we might miss out on the game completely.

I'm on GOLD NOW!!! :D

Bought the Heroes gamerpictures, very nice, I just want to see the theme before I buy it.

I got the Virtua Tennis 3 demo today and it seemed really easy. Is the actual game any harder? I might get it if it is.

heroes-theme1-02.jpg

heroes-theme1-03.jpg

heroes-theme1-04.jpg

heroes-theme1-05.jpg

heroes-theme1-01.jpg

Looks great, apart from the guide which is a little on the crappy side

EDIT: Just downloaded the theme and gamer pics. Very nice, although i feel a little ripped off due to there being no pic for the Marketplace blade :(

It doesnt translate to 4:3 very well either, the pictures are a bit squashed but meh, i'll have a new TV fairly soon anyway

Everytime i attempt a Pro Evo game on Live the opponent quits the game, how strange since all my settings are fine.

crackdown anyone?

and WHERE can I get those Heroes pics? They look AWESOME!

Marketplace, Theme 150 points, Gamerpictures 80 points.

In order to connect both my 360 and PC to the same monitor would this do?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Omniview-4-Port-KVM-Switch/dp/B00006BB9Q/ref=sr_1_1/203-6429750-7355966?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1179167736&sr=1-1

Ofcourse i will need to buy the VGA cable as well.

Marketplace, Theme 150 points, Gamerpictures 80 points.

Awesome think I might get them. I have around 400 points spare, oh wait 600 points spare.

I'm not liking the guide but I can always change that, I think.

I wish the media background was the main one, the xbox live blade thing. So much better than her face.

ALso looks better with the carbon trim rather than the crappy white.

Gears @ 9 ne1?

How can I change the picture on my gamertag? I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it :hmm:.