NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Grrr Spider Man 3 is out today... but still no reviews anywhere, if any of you guys pick it up can you give us some impressions because im not gonna go buy it to possibly find out that its crap.

Friend of mine has played it, reckons it's like SM2 with a dodgy camera and a very slight graphical upgrade. He also said it reminds him of Superman Returns, which isn't a good thing. Doesn't sound worth the money to me.

I have the PC version, the camera is GOD awful and movement is so twitchy its insane.

Don't bother with it... seriously.

I´m tempted to buy the Spiderman 3 game but that´s mostly because Bruce Campbell is the narrator in the game

Hey. :)

First time I've posted in the 360 thread. I'll get straight to the point.

How reliable is the 360, really?

I'm considering getting a 360 through a great deal at Amazon (or maybe the £299 one at Blockbuster). Bioshock is a reason I want the 360, I am a huge fan of System Shock 2. While the 360's game library isn't as varied as I would like (big lack of RPGs), it does still have some interesting games and of course its Live content.

The only thing giving me nerves is the 360's Red Ring of Death. I'm a regular reader of Kotaku, and it seems the general vibe I get from 360 owners is that the RROD is just part and parcel of being a 360 owner. They've talked about swapping 360s as if it's just a every-few-months ritual they do.

So, yeah, I'd like to ask what your experiences are of being a 360 owner? How long have you guys played it, and how often have you - if at all - had to exchange 360s?

Thanks. :)

I've had mine for about 7 months now, and the only problem it has is it refuses to read Pro Evo 6 sometimes, saying it's a DVD not a game, and it sometimes comes up with 'to play this disc, please insert it into an Xbox 360 console'. But my brother plays that, so it's not a problem for me! But I've never had any console destroying issues.

I'm on my third 360, i bought my first in Jan 2006. They ain't that reliable... at all.

First: DVD drive died.

Second: One of the CPU's over heated, died and it kept artifacting.

Purchase from somewhere that offers a cheap extended warranty (like GAME) and you wont have to worry.

Ive had my 360 for a few months and had a few problems with disk read errors and game freezes but tbh its not much morethan my GameCube did. Some of my mates have had them since launch (or near launch) and had no problems

Its a lottery, hence why extended warranty's are a good idea :)

Thanks for the replies. :)

I'll give this some more thought. The deals at Amazon and Blockbuster are very tempting, and the console itself should come with a year's warranty from Microsoft, shouldn't it?

I've been pondering PS3 or 360, and the 360 does have price, game library and Bioshock as advantages. The PS3 just has more reliable build quality and a built-in HD movie player. I'm very happy with the Wii, but I still like having "traditional" games.

Anyway, if the 360 has a decent warranty, then maybe I'll take the plunge. :)

For those who haven't bought it yet, it's a pretty good video and has made me really tempted to buy some points.

For those who haven't bought it yet, it's a pretty good video and has made me really tempted to buy some points.

Buy some points you know you want too!

I downloaded the maps last night and i havent played much but i must say they arnt worth the 800 point, i mean the maps are enjoyable but just not 800 points worth of enjoyability if you get what i mean!

Hey. :)

First time I've posted in the 360 thread. I'll get straight to the point.

I'm considering getting a 360 through a great deal at Amazon (or maybe the £299 one at Blockbuster). Bioshock is a reason I want the 360, I am a huge fan of System Shock 2. While the 360's game library isn't as varied as I would like (big lack of RPGs), it does still have some interesting games and of course its Live content.

The only thing giving me nerves is the 360's Red Ring of Death. I'm a regular reader of Kotaku, and it seems the general vibe I get from 360 owners is that the RROD is just part and parcel of being a 360 owner. They've talked about swapping 360s as if it's just a every-few-months ritual they do.

So, yeah, I'd like to ask what your experiences are of being a 360 owner? How long have you guys played it, and how often have you - if at all - had to exchange 360s?

Thanks. :)

I'm on my second 360, I think I had the same problem as Jordan with the CPU overheating. As reliablity goes, it's safe to say the 360 ain't great, but I don't think many of us would complain about the service received from Microsoft in getting a replacement out to you in a few days. I say go for it.

Anyone buying the four new Gears maps today or are you all waiting until they're free in september?

786_0001.jpg

786_0002.jpg

786_0003.jpg

786_0004.jpg

They came out yesterday... but err yeah i've already bought them.

I hate playing Gears with people who aren't on my friends list, people are just... *****. They shotgun spam in groups of three and its impossible to take anyone down.

I´m tempted to buy the Spiderman 3 game but that´s mostly because Bruce Campbell is the narrator in the game

Does he do theClouseau accent he does in the film?

I'm on my sixth in 18 months, so not very reliable.

MS customer service is excellent though, haven't had to pay a penny for a replacement in that time and it's always sorted quickly.

Anyone buying the four new Gears maps today or are you all waiting until they're free in september?

786_0001.jpg

786_0002.jpg

786_0003.jpg

786_0004.jpg

September, don't play the game enough to spend money on DLC for it.

I'm waiting. Maps that are one now are super I think. Mansion, Gridlock, Canals. All good. I can do without until September.

I'm buying them today :). Cannae wait. Actually, that depends on whether you can buy Microsoft Points online. You can, can't you?

I'm buying them today :). Cannae wait. Actually, that depends on whether you can buy Microsoft Points online. You can, can't you?

Of course... as long as you have a Visa or a Mastercard.

Make sure you guys are playing Gears at about half nine cos i wanna kick some arse's and take some name's.... and cause some massive damage to your weak points and all that good stuff.

Of course... as long as you have a Visa or a Mastercard.

Safe, I'm downloading them atm, gonna be so good :D.

Does anyone wanna come on in 20 minutes to try them out with me?

Make sure you guys are playing Gears at about half nine cos i wanna kick some arse's and take some name's.... and cause some massive damage to your weak points and all that good stuff.

Sounds great, i'll be there.

Anyone else for a half 9 game?

Seems a bit silly to pay money for something that'll be free sooner or later, especially when people you play with may not be getting them.

Seems a bit silly to pay money for something that'll be free sooner or later, especially when people you play with may not be getting them.

Well 4 of my mates have got them and we play together a lot, so I figured it would be fun. And it's was only about 7 quid, I'd say it was worth it :).

Edit: Turns out I won't be going out tonight, so I'll join you for that Gears match then :).

Don't play Gears enough to warrant 800 points on them. If i start finding that i cant get an online game without them then i'll buy but otherwise i'll wait until September

Half 9 sounds good, whos gonna host this time?