NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Wootage! Bought my premium 360 today along with Crackdown and Gears of war.

Wont be setting it up until Friday though, but I have my gamertag set up already.

Add me on BoxleyBoy07 guys please!

Awesome!

So when is Mass Effect out?

Added some of you!

Don't know whether I will be on Live until I get to grips with the games :P

So I might be on Saturday or Sunday.

Dante where are the other two pictures? I'm displeased :(

Part 1; Working at an Xbox 360 Game Development Studio

Staring this month, SHONEN JUMP brings you an exclusive look at the making of the new Naruto game for Xbox 360,due out this fall! Here's Masao Kobayashi (License Manager and Game Developer), part of the creative team at Ubisoft, to tell us about his mind-bendingly awesome career.

Hi everyone! Each month I'll be taking you behind the scenes to show you what it's really like to have a job making Xbox 360 video games. I'll introduce you to the designers, animators and programmers, and share plenty of stuff that hasn't been seen before too! This month I wanted to answer the questions I'm asked most about my job.

3 Cool Things About the Ubisoft Naruto game:

1. It's the first Naruto video game to be developed from scratch in North America-all previous Naruto games were developed in Japan.

2. It will be the first Naruto game ever for Xbox 360.

3. It'll have both an action-adventure single-player story mode and versus multiplayer to battle friends.

How did you get involved with the Naruto Xbox 360 video game?

I'm a big Naruto fan, and I'm fluent in both Japanese and English. I grew up in Japan, but went to college here in the U.S. After I graduated, I started working at Ubisoft on a few Japanese-based games and was approached by the Lead Producer for Naruto Xbox 360. My language skills, work experience and fondness of Naruto were a perfect fit.

What's a typical day in the office like?

Every day is different. Since I work with everyone involved with the creation of the game, I work with all kinds of people every day. My overall role is to help ensure we create the best Naruto experience possible. One day I might spend time with the scriptwriters to figure out how to capture moments from the Naruto anime in the game. Another day I might meet with programmers to see the latest character models. There's also more typical office work, like checking email, but I always make time to catch up on my favorite manga, like Naruto!

Do you ever get to travel?

Yes! I'm very lucky because I get to travel all over the world for work and to show fans the game. Keep an eye out, because we might be coming to a city near you.

Do you have any tips for fans who want to work in video games?

Work hard and never stop dreaming. If you really want to work in video games, look into colleges that specialize in computer programming, graphic design and business. Those are great options.

NEXT MONTH: Fun stuff, like replicating jutsu and recreating Leaf Village!

Awesome. I'm so looking forward to it. Has it got it's own thread. I wouldn't mind reading the next load of these you posted.

Naruto looks stunning. Lets hope the gameplay matches the style.

Any word on how it plays. Its a RPG right, with fighting? Exploration? Open ended?

What's a Naruto? Should I return to my Man Cave and keep reminding myself I'm not down with the kids anymore?

Naruto is the main character from a completely over rated anime series.

Saying that, those graphics are astoundingly nice.

Naruto looks stunning. Lets hope the gameplay matches the style.

Any word on how it plays. Its a RPG right, with fighting? Exploration? Open ended?

It has a single player mode and a multiplayer mode.

I downloaded the Crackdown demo a few days ago to see what all the fuss was about. I hadn't had chance to play it properly until tonight. And what a fucking game it is, I thought it was some GTA clone, but this game is so much fun it's untrue. I will certainly be buying this when i get paid. How fast do skills progress in the actual game?

please make sure you purchase from http://www.play-asia.com (£15 special offer) £23 normal. don't go and pay £40 when you don't need too man.

I WILL be picking up Naruto 360. Do anybody have an idea of a release date?

Alan Wake and Naruto look shit...and I mean THE shit!

I can't effing wait till these games come out!!! I suppose if they were out now I could kiss my exams goodbye!

As much as I love Naruto I would love to see Bleach given this kind of RPG treatment!

If only they made a Pokemon game that looked that good...

We all know Alan Wake is going to be awesome, Remedy's last two games were the Max Payne titles. Both great titles.

That Naruto screenshot really makes me want it and i´ve never been much into Naruto :Þ

As for Alan Wake if the story in it is better than in Max Payne.... Well i may just cream myself.

Also 5 stars on all medium in guitar hero :yay:

please make sure you purchase from http://www.play-asia.com (£15 special offer) £23 normal. don't go and pay £40 when you don't need too man.

Eeek! I bought it without reading that post. Never mind, i get paid soon. Thanks for trying to warn me, though! I bought it for £30 second hand. is the Halo invitation built into the game or is there a special insert with a code on it? If it's the insert, i'm taking it back and exchanging it for a new one.

The new maps are up for Gears... im gonna download them and will be online at about half nine...ish if anyone wants to play.

your paying 800mp for them, im not so sure if i wanna

They're really big maps, very different from the ones already out. I played three of them this morning, all really varied and alot of fun.

I've given up trying to find GHII and bought Virtua Tennis. Gonna play it later .:)

Depends if you think a tenner is worh Kameo then yes.

Its a solid platformer but try the demo first to see if you like it.

Good thinking, keep forgetting that you can download demos, not used to that luxury on my Wii :D

Where's the cheapest place I can get Halo 2 from? (Does it have achievements or is that only 360 games?)