NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Halo 3 Beta?

erm . . ..

dunno about the second one. . .

360 Elite (obviously)

and Halo 3 beta or some kind of new franchise... or something game related.

360 Elite (obviously)

and Halo 3 beta or some kind of new franchise... or something game related.

fuck a duck i forgot about the black SoB.

i prefer the 360 in white, is that a crime?

the real crime will be what M$ are planning to charge for the damn 120GB HDD grrrr

finally my 4 360 controllers came in today... damn airport security snatched my old ones when coming back from vacation... luckily my friend let me borrow one for a little while. but still airport security makes me want to microwave babies!

Microsoft Corp. will sell a version of its Xbox 360 with a 120-gigabyte hard drive and a souped-up high-definition video connection in a bid to broaden the appeal of its popular console beyond video games.

Earlier versions of Xbox 360 came with 20 gigabytes of storage. But that filled up too quickly with movies, TV shows and games from the Xbox Live Marketplace online store, said Peter Moore, a corporate vice president in Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment group.

The new Xbox 360 Elite will sell for $479.99. Consumers who already own the $399.99 20-gigabyte model will be able to buy a snap-on 120-gigabyte hard drive for $179.99.

The new console and the drive are expected to hit U.S. shelves April 29.

Microsoft also added an HDMI connection, which sends high-definition content from the console to the TV without losing picture or sound quality, while also helping prevent piracy.

Xbox 360 was the No. 2 U.S. video game console after Nintendo Co.'s Wii in January and February, according to data from market researcher NPD Group. The Xbox outpaced Sony Corp.'s PlayStation 3, a $599.99 console that plays Blu-ray DVDs.

Microsoft's decision to upgrade the Xbox 360 is the latest of many steps the software maker has taken to position its products at the center of home entertainment.

Microsoft has incorporated Media Center software, which can turn a computer into a digital video recorder, movie and music player, into all but the most basic version of its new Windows Vista operating system.

And Xbox 360 users can connect the console to their home network, then stream movies, music and other content from the computer to the Xbox and television.

Unlike Sony, Microsoft has not added a high-def DVD player to the console, but consumers can buy an external HD DVD player for the Xbox for $199.99.

On Wednesday, Microsoft also announced deals to bring new high-def video to the Xbox Live Marketplace, including New Line Cinema's film "Snakes on a Plane" and coming releases from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment's direct-to-video division.

Microsoft's focus on downloadable high-def video sets the effort apart from the competition, Moore said.

He said the content fills a gap between cable companies' DVR services for fresh TV episodes, Tivo Inc. and Amazon.com Inc.'s standard-definition content available over the Web, and Apple Inc.'s recent move to send iTunes movies and music to the TV from a Mac.

At the core, though, video game players aren't going to choose their system based on its ability to play movies or television shows, said Anita Frazier, an analyst for NPD Group.

"To the extent [the consoles] do other things, it's great, but this industry is all about the games," she said.

www.courant.com

And on Engadgets own website it states the pictures are fake, what more do you need dante. It's fake, microsoft found it a challenge to sell a 10million, they need bigger hd and more software.

i beleive the words are pwned?

Looks like I might get this 360 instead.......my patience has rewarded me.

I'm still in need for a 360...

What are the chances I'll be able to sell my 360 time this one comes out... I'm thinking super slim but possible. Tommorow I'm putting my Wii and 360 in the paper woop!

I think in my town I could possibly get my Wii for a good $500. And my 360 for $300-$350. I know those prices are huge but in my town the store charges huge amounts for things like this and some little Filipino will want one and his parents will buy it for him woop 360 elite here I come!

Does the 360 Elite work with regular Component TV's as well? Because at the moment I'm short of an HDMI tv... This summer I'll hopefully pick one up... but for now... I wouldn't want to be without a 360 and a Wii...

and haha at ZeldaFreak

if you just go straight to hard then you'll prob get your ass handed to you, only tips I can give is play a couple of games and try to figure out what sort of moves the computer does with that player and find a way to counter it.

My nemesis is always the fucking serve n volley guys (Dent and Henman) if I let them get to the net they own my ass :)

just make sure and serve in the corners with as much power as possible so they get a crap return and you can control the point. When they are serving try and get a good return in so you're not just running around like a fool. :)

Cheers, I am getting better, I used to be get my arse kicked straight away, now I'm at least keeping a rally going :p I'm the same with the serve and volley guys, although I have got Jordans tip for beating them, haven't been able to do it yet though.

Wii Tennis has actually helped my Virtua Tennis game surprisingly.

Does the 360 Elite work with regular Component TV's as well? Because at the moment I'm short of an HDMI tv... This summer I'll hopefully pick one up... but for now... I wouldn't want to be without a 360 and a Wii...
From IGN;
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/776/776448p1.html

The new "Elite" console contains the same parts, processors and chips as the Core and Pro units, and has the same dimensions, only it's got an HDMI port on its back-side (in addition to the standard RGB port) and comes with a 120GB hard disc drive (HDD), cables and headset, all in black.

Hmm, wonder if I can hold out for a White Elite! Whenever that may be!

I don't give a shit about the HDMI, I just want the bigger hard drive.

The HDD will come out seperatly... you see i'm torn here.

I totally want a HDMI 360 and the black is SO hot, especially the controller... but i'll probably end up just buying a larger HDD.

What the hell?! The HDD is gunna be £120?! Fuck THAT.

For £45 you can buy a 250GB HDD for a PC!

Why spend all that money on a console you already have when you can just upgrade the HDD?

Meh. I actually think the 360 looks better in white, and seeing as the Elite will have exactly the same components as current models it doesn't look like it'll be any quieter. If Microsoft are going to come out with a third, more expensive SKU — which I fail to see the advantage of, as it'll confuse new customers and annoy those who already have one — they could at least fix what is a very real problem with the 360.

I totally want a HDMI 360 and the black is SO hot, especially the controller... but i'll probably end up just buying a larger HDD.

Yes my thoughts exactly Jordan, they are starting to slow down in hardware sales. Oh wait we need to release new hardware, not thinking it was a slowdown in quality games releases though.

:nono:

M$ are doing a Nintendo! lol

Who'd have thought eh?

the 120GB is of course, way over priced especially as we don't have TV shows or downloadable films yet. (Even if we did it'd probs be on iTunes first).

M$ are doing a Nintendo! lol

The Elite isn't even a revision in my mind. The DS Lite was a big step up from the original in terms of aesthetics, ergonomics, and the screens. By comparison, the Elite is a current 360 with HDMI bolted in and a lick of paint.

Incidentally, it comes out in the US on my birthday. Why a Sunday?

I just wan't my 360 to not sound like a jet engine!! I'm kinda annoyed because I only got my 360 2 months ago...It looks better in white but I would suffer that if it was quiter...

The Elite isn't even a revision in my mind. The DS Lite was a big step up from the original in terms of aesthetics, ergonomics, and the screens. By comparison, the Elite is a current 360 with HDMI bolted in and a lick of paint.

Incidentally, it comes out in the US on my birthday. Why a Sunday?

it is a weird day but Nintendo have launched consoles on a sunday in the US before.

True its not a big revision, just a modified version. but they're having to pump out 3 different SKUs now, that must be fucking annoying! I hope the Core dies, and we see a price cut in the premium before the end of summer/start of october.

I just wan't my 360 to not sound like a jet engine!! I'm kinda annoyed because I only got my 360 2 months ago...It looks better in white but I would suffer that if it was quiter...

I like the look of the new 360 but I hope they do something about the noise also.

Everything but the controller looks nice. Pity my god damn tv doesnt have a hdmi input. Or esle i would be extremely tempted.

EDIT hold the phone thissays it does. mmmm...

The hard drive they use are a Samsung and the 120gb model is about £60...

And Chuck, just look on the back...

Apparently according to Gamespot and other news sites they have been told the Elite doesn't use the new 65nm cooler/quieter chip inside.

P.S. Caris do you still own a 360 or have you got rid of it seen as you removed you xbox live name from the side panel?

Still got it, gathering dust though.

I've been waiting for a white 360 with the new CPU's but ive heard there not out till Christmas.

I dont know if im gonna hold on that long.