NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Yeah, the first 10 minutes of the demo I was just like "W...T....F...." then it started to make more sense. And can you get the rocket launcher in the demo?

I did not get to play much of the Crackdown demo, but I'm glad I bought the game. It is so addictive!

Ubisoft confirmed a few minutes ago that the multiplayer demo of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 would be released real soon, on February 26 to be precise. These four images show the map that will be included, playable up to 16 players in deatchmatch and coop modes.

Good to hear I can play some co-op on the demo.

Yeah, the first 10 minutes of the demo I was just like "W...T....F...." then it started to make more sense. And can you get the rocket launcher in the demo?

I have the full game :)

My sentiments exactly! I nipped home during my lunch hour to have quick blast, saw you sign in and thought "I know what he's online for!".

Levelled up my jump once and my strength once, killed two bosses and took 3 supply points in about 45 minutes.

While I was playing i couldn't help but think that this is what Dead Rising should have been, save regularly and with multiple restart points, instant fun, go anywhere, bosses that don't bugger off after 5 minutes, etc etc.

Absolutely, Dead Rising is crippled by that save system.

Hope to have a few co-op games when the 360s back if anyones up for it.

I overhyped Crackdown abit too much. The SP is a bit boring, I'm waiting on my mate to get it so we can co-op, co-ops fun :).

I heard that there is an option when you complete the game to switch all the gangs back on again. Does anyone know if this is true? I hope so otherwise there ain't going to be anyone to use my awesome superpowers on!

I heard that there is an option when you complete the game to switch all the gangs back on again. Does anyone know if this is true? I hope so otherwise there ain't going to be anyone to use my awesome superpowers on!

Apparantly yes... there's an option called "Crime On" or something like that. It's enabled when you kill all the bosses.

My plan is to "complete" the game once then concentrate on the achivements I didn't get. Then hopefully complete the new island they release as a download.

Apparantly yes... there's an option called "Crime On" or something like that. It's enabled when you kill all the bosses.

My plan is to "complete" the game once then concentrate on the achivements I didn't get. Then hopefully complete the new island they release as a download.

Awesome...Sounds like a good plan!

Still no Worms news? It better not get released before I get my 360 back. That would be bloody typical.

Is anyone picking up Virtua Tennis next month?

rather than getting FF XII and Crackdown i got FF XII and this :D

CIMG0630.jpg

The 4 disc Japanese Soundtrack :D and its sooo fucking gorgeous!!!

Still no Worms news? It better not get released before I get my 360 back. That would be bloody typical.

hopefully if the Pal/US is region free or the Asian or Japanese version is released next month. Even though I do not think the Arcade Version is a massive leap over Virtua Tennis 2 I need to play Virtua Tennis 3 on xbox live man!

hopefully if the Pal/US is region free or the Asian or Japanese version is released next month. Even though I do not think the Arcade Version is a massive leap over Virtua Tennis 2 I need to play Virtua Tennis 3 on xbox live man!

I never played enough Virtua Tennis 2 so I'm looking forward to this.

The 4 disc Japanese Soundtrack :D and its sooo fucking gorgeous!!!

Very nice, you get that from Gamestation? Wierd to see you got it from there.

So has anyone got that new wireless reciever thing for their pcs?

I mean this

xbox-360-wireless-windows-2.jpg

So anyone got it, is it any good?

Definitely, don't know if it'll be any better than Topspin 2 though.

No offence to microsoft - but we got our first assignment today with XNA. To write snake so it could be played on the 360. First thing I have to say: Its crapiest crap piece of software I have ever used.

If microsoft want people to be writing games they want results. So you pick actions from the list and XNA just deal with everything from a shield. So you can't "get your hands dirty". Everybody here don't touch XNA if you want to keep your sanity.

Now Nintendo if your planning someth like this we want to make games without the bullshit of coding them drag drop insert actions -> build away, distribute play.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

No offence to microsoft - but we got our first assignment today with XNA. To write snake so it could be played on the 360. First thing I have to say: Its crapiest crap piece of software I have ever used.

If microsoft want people to be writing games they want results. So you pick actions from the list and XNA just deal with everything from a shield. So you can't "get your hands dirty". Everybody here don't touch XNA if you want to keep your sanity.

Now Nintendo if your planning someth like this we want to make games without the bullshit of coding them drag drop insert actions -> build away, distribute play.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

Admittedly i've not tried the release version of xna studio but the beta i messed around with seemed perfect for what it is (initially) touted as, a bare bones game development environment for bedroom coders. Yes the shader pipeline is all wrong, the sound system only half works and the performance is on the poor side but it's still the first technology that allows end users to create content on a console platform. I'm not touching the current version because I'm waiting for proper Visual Studio 2005 integration but some people have got some great (and fairly low level) stuff written for it, have you seen the NES emulator, that's pretty advanced stuff right there.

We're you using the XNA studio express IDE from scratch or were you using some sort of pre-built helper engine such as the torque X engine because I don't remember coming across any of the drag and drop things you mention in the bare bones version I used.

I posted this up on page 425 :P

Say goodbye to the clutter of cables

Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows make unsightly cables a thing

wirelessgamingreceiverforwindows1.jpg wirelessgamingreceiverforwindows2.jpg

OUT NOW

SYDNEY 15 February 2007 - The convenient, wireless gaming experience that you enjoy on your Xbox 360™ is coming to the Windows® gaming platform with the Xbox 360TM Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows, available today for just $29.95 RRP.

The receiver simply plugs into your home PC and lets you take advantage of the stand alone freedom of Xbox 360 accessories such as the Wireless Steering Wheel, Wireless Controller and Wireless Headset.

Eliminating the need for additional accessories, the receiver will be an affordable way of enjoying all your current Xbox 360 accessories, whether you want to dabble in a spot of PC gaming one day or console gaming the next.

The Gaming Receiver is also not just limited to using one accessory at a time. You can use up to four Wireless Controllers and four Wireless Headsets simultaneously, and the receiver will also work with unreleased Xbox 360 accessories in the near future.

With a simple, self powered USB 2.0 connection, the set up is straightforward and easily integrated into PC gaming scenarios. The 30 foot range of the Wireless Gaming Receiver allows for wireless gaming freedom.

Jeremy Hinton, Product Marketing Manager Xbox Australia and New Zealand, says, “We are now offering consumers the opportunity to tidy up their PCs at an affordable price. PC gaming is more popular today than it has ever been, and bringing the wireless freedom of the Xbox 360 to the Windows platform makes the gaming experience even more enjoyable.”