NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

What games you getting? The PGR3 + Live Arcade Unplugged + Extra controller is a really good if you get it with a bundle. The Live arcade also gives you a extra month of live.

I don't fancy PGR3 though, played it a couple of times in gamestation, doesn't interest tme that much. I'm looking at some kind of bundle with Gears and another game..

I don't fancy PGR3 though, played it a couple of times in gamestation, doesn't interest tme that much. I'm looking at some kind of bundle with Gears and another game..

Amped 3 is a very good game - just a little shorter than I would of thought, but an extremly funny good game never the less.

Other good games I would reccommend are Kameo/Viva Pinata/Saints Row

My friend got premium, Gow and CoD3 for £300 but I wouldn't get that. After GoW it feels strange to play games PD:0 and GRAW but maybe that was just me. There is plenty of really good preowned games on the cheap and I just found out that there is a few new Classics out now.

PGR3 isnt the star in that bundle, its Live Arcade. I thought the same before i got my 360 but im loving Live Arcade! Only played PGR once...

Gonna make an interesting forum game, get ready to witness my wall hugging "skills" :hmm:

Its the taking part that counts, right? :heh:

EDIT: And plus, you can always take a trip to Argos and pick up a couple of games from the 2 for £40. I ended up with a 360, 5 games, 2 Wireless Pads and over 2 months of Live for £330!

EDIT: And plus, you can always take a trip to Argos and pick up a couple of games from the 2 for £40. I ended up with a 360, 5 games, 2 Wireless Pads and over 2 months of Live for £330!

:shock: bleedin hell.

I got a premium, 3 games (Kameo, Lara Croft, GRAW) I think that was it for £370 ish.

I feel owned.

On a side note retro, I would recommend GRAW, just for the change from GoW if you get them both. GRAW on hard is really fun, its taking me over an horu to do each level. Plus online is great. I've yet to do the co-ops aswell..my bro wont play cos he doesnt like the game and the controls. It makes a change from running and gunning in GoW.

I like the look of a Console+GoW+R6:V, what's Rainbow 6 like? Ill have plenty of money in the month afterwards so ill get myself more live and games then.

Rainbow Six is pretty, really good online, single player is ok... but yeah its REALLY good online.

I havnt played R6V online yet. Come to think of it, I havnt done the first level yet. I thikn its the First person perspective thats putting me off.

I think I tried online and i didnt connect so I havnt tried it.

I played for a long time on COD3 last night and imo it really is fun online. I got promoted to (3 arrows), in both matches I palyed, sure I was the one who died the most ....:heh:

Anyone else think the Ranked matches on that game are wierd. How're you meant to join a match? It goes to some screen which looks like I created a match. Is there no list to choose form like in the Public matches option?

Ps the Eliminate defenses on hard, the first bit is annoying me, I like that the gun heats up, adds realism, but I hate that when you let it cool down you get shot.

Has anybody got/played Enchanted Arms? I might be able to get it really cheap just I don't know if even then it is worth it. It's gets pretty mixed reviews but I am a fan of RPG's.

I didn't really like R6 but I just played the demo.

Those Alpha Halo shots are probably not what the beta testers will be playing.

Alpha means the game engine is complete but there are some basic textures/lighting etc in place to show how the game should be. Beta means that all the game is complete, but it just needs bug testing.

Ugh why is it so hard to get onto a ranked COD3 match, i just managed to get on one before, and thank god I got an achievement out of it. Why Treyarch, why must you make it so hard for me to get onto one?

Some great news for 360 fans..

Bungie's latest Halo 3 update introduces a rather intriguing new function bound to the back button of the Xbox 360 pad. It sounds excellent.

Or rather, it'll refine the excellence of sound - by eliminating the sort of "vocal buttmunches" who help ensure the truth of the following equation: "Teenagers, plus anonymity, plus microphone = idiot."

The "A-Hole Button" as they're calling it brings up a score list with everyone's tag on it. By using the right stick, you can quickly select whichever player is smack-talking you into a stupor, and you won't hear from them again.

"Any muted player you have selected in your Xbox Live account overrides Halo 3's new system, but that should actually enhance the choice of maroons you're editing out of your gameplay. Best of all, it means fewer wasted or frustrating gameplay sessions," Bungie's Frank O'Connor notes.

"We're doing our best to come up with lots of smart solutions for stuff like this, but honestly, we can't be parents to some of these poltroons. We're much more concerned with giving you guys the tools you need to silence them."

It's also worth checking out this week's update for more hints about weapons, along with some comments on actress Jen Taylor's visit to the studio to record Cortana's Halo 3 dialogue.

"There's a lot more drama and a lot less technical jargon this time around. I actually just finished a couple of lines that nearly had me in tears. For an actor, more drama is always good," she notes.

Alos Eurogamer reviews Crackdown to a great score of 9/10, I knew it would score highly all around.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=72858

Hmmm. I feel the Crackdown controls are a little shoddy, and targetting also. Looking forward to Halo 3...Even though I havnt played 2 much. Should be cool.

Most looking forward to Guitar Hero 2 though. music-smiley-010.gif

Yea, I hope in the final build of Crackdown you can cycle through targets, but I can live with it!

More bad news about Worms with the delays and now the news of weapons being removed, tis truely a sad day!

I know everyone is crying out for Worms in almost the same vein as Street Fighter, and this news post will only add fuel to the fire I’m afraid. It seems Worms is still in the certification process as of yesterday.

Straight from Martyn “Spage†Brown himself:

Couple of news bits, after I spent a few days with various people in the XBLA team in Amsterdam last week;

1. We’ve been cleared to do a bit more PR, so expect a bit more information. We’re ok to do interviews and such, but the release date is still a little vague until we’re out of the cert loop (yes, that means we’re not… yet..)

2. We’ve seen one review criticising the amount of content compared to other Worms releases, it’s important to understand that Worms stays within (and couldn’t do otherwise!) the XBLA size limit of 50mb - for example, the data in the PSP, much lower-definition edition was 800mb, or 20X the size. Because of that, it was only possible to supply so much data in terms of audio tracks, voice banks and visual themes due to the sheer size of the latter in high-definition. We intend to and will supply more in marketplace both as downloadable (free!) as well as premium content (chargeable). However, these omissions fail to make a serious indent on the actual gameplay, which is what our decisions were centered upon.

3. Contrary to some rumouring, the game isn’t being held up by any party in particular and everyone is keen to get this to you. Stay tuned for updates and watch the press for news and snippets.

In summary, it’s disappointing that it’s not with you all yet and we hope to bring it to you soon - it’s really going to rock on those leaderboards

So it almost definitely won’t be coming this Wednesday, or even the one after that probably. The wait is getting longer and longer, and I know many of you are disappointed. What was more interesting was the fact that people were criticising the game for lack of content, when it is quite obvious why there isn’t as much. He has already stated numerous times before that the game will have a lot of DLC. Some people just don’t listen.

For those desperate to play some Worms, there is a nice bundle in the UK in the “Sold Out†range that you may be interested in that includes Worms 2 and Worms Armageddon which I recently picked up for £3 in Woolworths. Unfortunately Worms 2 doesn’t work on XP, but Armageddon does. It provides you with the fix you need for your Worms addiction whilst you patiently wait for the Arcade version. I’m sure many of you have probably seen it before, but nonetheless it might keep you entertained for a short while!

In other sad news, according to a review in OXM, weapon omissions include the Baseball Bat, Skunk, the select Worm option and, brace yourselves, the Holy Hand grenade. This will no doubt upset many, but will it put you off the game?

Source Xboxic

No Holy Hand grenade! Damn this has made me sad.

Wasnt there a game that went over the 50mb limit? Why cant they make it a bit bigger :(

Fuck that, if theres no Holy Hand Granade theres no point of Worms.

I'd rather have a full game download than a nutered shitty version.

No Baseball bat! AAAGH!!!

No select worm! AAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

NO HOLY HAND GRANADE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

Why God, WHY? I'm not sure if I can play without the select worm option...why would they remove it? How is that option going to take up any extra space!!! :shakehead:(:confused::mad: :shock: :cry:

Ah, that sucks ass. Hopefully they will get it to us ASAP and give new weapons in the DLC

No select a Worm is just plain WRONG!

How can they remove the HHG!

'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'

You're all acting like this is a huge surprise?

It's been known for a while now that there were only 20 or so weapons. Which means going back to the basics.

Not great news... but hopefully DLC will sort us out. Still looking forward to it.

I just want it now!!

Yeah I have heard about that from the guys at work, I was going to download it aswell. Also Stocka your new sig is awesome.

Thanks, I also love it. Redshell deserves the compliments though as he made it :awesome: