NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Well my 360 has stopped working again. Anyone no how much Microsoft charge to repair them when the warranty has ran out?

I think it differs depending on the problem. Phone them up and find out.

I was in Virgin today and they had buy 1 get 1 free on quite a few games. Far Cry, Full Auto, PES 6 and a few others were on offer. £50 RRP meaning £25 each.

Worms is taking the mick! It was being tested last time I heard about it. CMON! Although, I'd rather have a completed, tested game for a change.

New Rainbow Six goodness.

The latest issue of the Official Xbox Magazine confirms that six new maps and two new multiplayer modes will be available for download on the Xbox Live Marketplace for an estimated 800 MS points. No date was announced.

"Assasination" mode designates one player on the team a VIP, with other players on the team trying to protect him while at the same time, trying to assassinate the other teams VIP. "Conquest" mode will have each team trying to control three locations in order to take the win.

Sounds great especially the VIP game, this will add to an already outstanding game.

what is this worms game that everyone is talking about? is it an exclusive or something. i love worms games, the PSone games and worms 3D for the GC. haven't played forts or warfare yet.

It's coming out on the Xbox Live Arcade.

I have a feeling everyone's going to be disappointed as they've hyped it up too much.

Team 17 are such a clever bunch. They can do no wrong. (unless they made worms fo the DS, that was tragic)

Sounds great especially the VIP game, this will add to an already outstanding game.
Sorry if I'm being dense, but what game was that for?

You forgot to mention what game the DLC is for, if it's RS Vegas I thought it was going to be ten maps.

Sorry if I'm being dense, but what game was that for?

LMBO I forgot to say, Rainbow Six:Vegas. Better go edit the post then.

EDIT: Also reports are coming in that Tesco stores nationwide are selling Battlestations Midway for £18, must be a wrong price in the computer so if you want it cheap snap it up now.

Its 2D and made by Team17, theres no way I can be dissapointed. :)

It can be exactly the same as every Worms game ever and I'd be more than happy. I just want to play some good old Worms, plus with Live play and HD graphics, it can only be better.

As much as I love GRAW, some of the levels do my nut in. I just managed to do the Nuetralize rebel outpost on Hard mode, it took me over an hour to do. Maybe I was wrong in saying it did my nut in, that sounded like I hated it, but it gets me frustrated, on that level there is little to none cover at the ending bit. It took me over 30 minutes to do that bit alone.

I love how when you get it done theres a sense of relief, but it gets annoying dying for the 4th time in a row because of enemies popping up and your team mates not spotting him.

Then I can remember the level after the one I just completed, totally hated it, the night levels in that game are too dark.

I have a VGA monitor (I think the max resolution is 1024*768), if I bought a VGA cable would the 360 work with it?

EDIT: Also reports are coming in that Tesco stores nationwide are selling Battlestations Midway for £18, must be a wrong price in the computer so if you want it cheap snap it up now.

It's not even worth that much.

I have a VGA monitor (I think the max resolution is 1024*768), if I bought a VGA cable would the 360 work with it?

It's a supported resolution so it should be fine, the only thing that I didn't realise that my built in speakers on my momitor wouldn't work so I've got it through my amp :D

Rented Enchanted Arms today, seems like a typical jRPG at the moment, random battles, turn based combat, teenage angst. The strangest part is the cliche gay character which would be amusing if it was trying to be post modern or something... in the end it's just insulting my intelligence. I've barely started it though so you never know there may be some sort of twist to it at some point down the line

Rented Enchanted Arms today, seems like a typical jRPG at the moment, random battles, turn based combat, teenage angst. The strangest part is the cliche gay character which would be amusing if it was trying to be post modern or something... in the end it's just insulting my intelligence. I've barely started it though so you never know there may be some sort of twist to it at some point down the line

It's a solid RPG but never special or remembarable at any parts of the game.

It's a supported resolution so it should be fine, the only thing that I didn't realise that my built in speakers on my momitor wouldn't work so I've got it through my amp :D

Cool, its a CRT monitor, would that make a difference?

How would you get sound? My monitor doesn't have speakers...

Christ, just realised I've not played Halo since I started to get into it, and I've not played Halo 2 at all since I bought it.

Are we going to finally play some PGR3 next week?

I haven't played Halo 2 since like after a week I finished it. I got the game on release day too. :P

Cool, its a CRT monitor, would that make a difference?

How would you get sound? My monitor doesn't have speakers...

Hmmm I'm not sure, my monitor is a tv but when I put the audio cables into it they only produced sound when in AV not when the tv was turned to PC mode. So bascially I had no sound but I ended up having to rearrange my whole set up so my amp could fit in and I connected it to that. At the moment I have to switch the VGA cables about but it's a two second job.

I'm not sure what you will have to do, how to you listen at the moment? Headphones? They would most likely work just not ideal.

Probably the best idea is to sign up here

www.avforums.com

Post in the 360 forum, if they can't help you no one can :D

I'm up for that PGR3 thing, I've been asking for weeks...