NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

LOTR demo hitting XBL Today!!

The Battle for Middle-earth II is scheduled to be released Thursday, July 13. The exact time of its availability has not yet been announced.

The trial will feature both single- and multiplayer and take gamers into the War in the North campaign. Console real-time strategy games will likely be unfamiliar to most, so EA has included a tutorial to show players how to use the 360's controller to direct their legions.

The single-player portion of the demo will feature the first mission in the evil campaign, and have players siege an Elven stronghold. The multiplayer portion offers one-on-one battles over Xbox Live, pitting Elven and Goblin armies against each other.

source: gamespot

I had a quick go of my copy of Lord of the Rings last night. I did the tutorial and sometimes it seems a bit laggy, probably with all the stuff that is going on on the screen.

BF2 is probably the worst offline game on the 360 and the best online.

I totally agree with ya man!

I have been playing it for a while now and this game really shines online. There was problems with the voice com's but they have patched it now.

Just a quick question for Rokhead!?

Do you know the phone number for M$'s tech suppport? (My 360 is on it's last legs :( )

Just a quick question for Rokhead!?

Do you know the phone number for M$'s tech suppport? (My 360 is on it's last legs :( )

08005871102, it's in the back of the manual.

Prey is suposed to be 6hours long (first play through)

That's short. I'll probably play trough it tomorow, But I won't buy it.

I had a quick go of my copy of Lord of the Rings last night. I did the tutorial and sometimes it seems a bit laggy, probably with all the stuff that is going on on the screen.

yeah gamespots review does say it slows down a bit when theres a large number of units on screen-but what do you expect when you port a pc rts game to 360.

really tempted to get this game tomorrow in exchange for GR:AW.

what do you think of it so far HoT? (lol)

Just wait Takeo, the demo is out tonight apparently.

Rokhed also has it on speed dial.

I ought to the amount of times I've had to call them. Looks like I'll have to give them another call tomorrow, they promised I'd get my free games by tomorrow and it's doubtful they'll turn up seeing as they were posted last tuesday.

Just wait Takeo, the demo is out tonight apparently.

the demos got a one on one multiplayer and a single level from the evil campaign according to gamespot-i just wish america can hurry up and wake up lol :P

in LOTRs related news my aunt got buried today in the same cemtery as Tolkein is. weird non?

saying that i have PDZ, COD2, PGR3, Kameo and a couple other demos to try-why is there just soo many reasons to keep my 360 on?!

i mean i was up till 4 o'clock this morning talking to CooInTheZoo whilst playing UNO and Hexic and i had to get up at 8 because i had to go to a funeral today.

i just hope i dont get addicted to gaining Gamer Points or else i will serioulsy need help with my emerging 360 addiction :D

Burnout isn't a patch on PGR 3 offline, but PGR 3 is ruined by Ferrari wielding noobs online, so Burnout is slightly ahead there.

Hey all, just got my x-box 360 online(even though I had it since christmas lol) so add me if you can!

EDIT: oh woops,forgot to add my gamer tag :P Its dannyboyg

Hey all, just got my x-box 360 online(even though I had it since christmas lol) so add me if you can!

whats your gamer tag?

mines Takeo Miyazaki (surprise surprise)

08005871102, it's in the back of the manual.

Cheers man!

I phoned them today and they said it would get picked up either Monday or Tueasday. I hope to God they don't take too long to fix it ::shrug: .

please ask EA to load up the demo before midnight! i dont want another late night :)

Anyone up for some of the original GRAW maps tonight? I'll be on my other account (Moria1) because I can't afford to renew my proper one at the moment.

Cheers man!

I phoned them today and they said it would get picked up either Monday or Tueasday. I hope to God they don't take too long to fix it ::shrug: .

They don't, they just replace it, they send you one out the same day they get your one back, takes 2-3 days max from when they pick it up.

please ask EA to load up the demo before midnight! i dont want another late night :)

I managed to play abit of Skirmish mode today and it was awesome. There was no slowdown at all and it looks to be a very tough game which is what im after. Try the demo though first to see if you like it.

Looking at Gameplays's site there isnt any FREE Prey Figurine's left and was wondering who ordered the game didnt get one ? How many is there ?

On the e-mail I got it says it got sent out but I will have to wait and see when the game comes

I also phoned up MS about my P&C kit, I have to post it out to them and they will send me a new cable when they recieve it. The guy on the other end was decent though, I expected it to be from Asia.

For all those who asked me ( and there was a few of you last night ) LOTR is awesome even if its just for the online skirmish mode. I played agaisnt 2 of my mates in a 3 way battle last night. I was Men of the West while my mates were the Elves and army of Isengard. After 2 hours I managed to win but not before I created a mass amount of riders of Rohan and shouted down the headset...TO THE KING!

Prey is suposed to be 6hours long (first play through)

That's short. I'll probably play trough it tomorow, But I won't buy it.

What!? 6 hours?! Hmmmm.... not sure about this game now. Methinks I'll pick it up on PC if I do get it anyway, so it's not that pricey.

Half-Life 2 would be headed to the Xbox 360 and PS3, bolstered with extra content and presumably, plenty of opportunities to kill people with high velocity toilets. The full console package will be comprised of Half-Life 2, Episode One, Episode Two, Team Fortress 2 (it still exists!) and an entirely new title, Portal.

If its still only £50, i'm totally getting it for the achievement points :P.