NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Did they improve the gameplay in any way for the non-japanese releases? I've heard the battles become increasingly boring as the game progresses. (It could be wrong info, but I saw a thread about it at neogaf.) I don't care too much about the low-res textures at weird places, but I do hope the gameplay is ok. Oh, and I've heard the game is very "dead" (poor animation of npcs, and mindless walking npcs)

Yeah I'm not too confident about it from what I've heard but I'll wait till some more reviews before making my mind up.

Yeah I'm not too confident about it from what I've heard but I'll wait till some more reviews before making my mind up.

True, I realised I may have sounded too negative and prejudging in my post. But I'd love to really enjoy a JRPG on my 360.

BC list is up and running now and once again its a huge disappointment, still no Shenmue 2!

1. 4x4 EVO 2

2. Amped® 2

3. Bad Boys 2

4. Big Mutha Truckers

5. DOOM 3®

6. Dreamfall: The Longest Journey

7. Fatal Frame

8. FlatOut™

9. Grabbed by the Ghoulies

10. Intellivision Lives

11. LEGO® Star Wars®

12. Minority Report

13. MLB SlugFest 20-04

14. The Punisher

15. RalliSport Challenge

16. Silent Hill® 4: The Room

17. Spawn® Armageddon

18. Spider-Man

19. Star Wars Battlefront

20. State of Emergency

21. Zapper

blast! no conker! glad grabbed by the ghoulies is there though. does the original star wars battlefront have live play? i know the sequel does but not sure about the first.

blast! no conker! glad grabbed by the ghoulies is there though. does the original star wars battlefront have live play? i know the sequel does but not sure about the first.

Yeah it does, I agree the lack of Conker is annoying.

I HATE the fact that shenmue 2 doesn't work on 360. Makes me mad. I bet Stocka feels the same.

Meh I'm happy with my Dreamcast version. The DC version is superior anyway.

If it was BC I would have to get it though, just to have it. I also want that DVD!

^

Same here, but I can't help to feel that Microsoft thinks : "Meh, Shenmue II is medicore, and not worth the effort for BC." And THAT makes me frustrated.

Meh I'm happy with my Dreamcast version. The DC version is superior anyway.

If it was BC I would have to get it though, just to have it. I also want that DVD!

The DVD is awesome I seen it at my mates house. Didnt the XBOX version have english voice overs?

Also Streetfighter Themes and Pics are up on marketplace now. Methinks I will get me a RYU pic...HADOKEN!

Copycat lol. Surely with the Streetfighter packs being released the actual game cant be too far behind. Also on teamxbox they recently played pac-man from Live Arcade and they say it will no doubt be released very soon as the version they played was pretty much complete.

Also on teamxbox they recently played pac-man from Live Arcade and they say it will no doubt be released very soon as the version they played was pretty much complete.

it better, i mean how long does it take to port pacman to live?

Has anyone else had any problems with disc read errors on Perfect Dark Zero after downloading the new map pack? it seems that ever since I downloaded those maps that when I try and play on live on any map half the time it will give me a disc read error on the loading screen after the lobby, but there is nothing wrong with the disc, I'm pretty sure of that as it has no real scratches.

Just wondered if a lot of people were having the same problem, as if so then it's most likely a bug or a glitch in the map pack or at least one that comes into play after downloading it, in which case it will probably be patched, but if it's just me then that means it's probably my console, and if it is that will be the Second xbox 360 that I will have to send back, so I'm hoping it's just a glitch, anyways, anyone else had similar disc read error problems upon downloading those maps?

is the new far-cry game that includes the old xbox one any good? i'm thinking of getting it.

Not terrible. Really enjoyed it at the start but soon got bored. The A.I of the enemy is pretty bad, only really noticed it when i got through a few hours of the main game.

Also the new game (which i've read is VERY short) is only unlockable once you completed the pc original which is a bummer and therefore i never got round the playing that.

The waters lovely mind and the map editor is pretty fun! I would either buy it preowned or try and get it cheaper somewhere.

I had to get rid of it because it was doing my head in. I was at a checkpoint with hardly any health and loads of bad-guys and kept dieing. Got a credit note from Gamestation and put it towards my Nintendo Wii savings, i think i got around £20 odd quid so it's bought Wii sports! :D

Has anyone else had any problems with disc read errors on Perfect Dark Zero after downloading the new map pack? it seems that ever since I downloaded those maps that when I try and play on live on any map half the time it will give me a disc read error on the loading screen after the lobby, but there is nothing wrong with the disc, I'm pretty sure of that as it has no real scratches.

Just wondered if a lot of people were having the same problem, as if so then it's most likely a bug or a glitch in the map pack or at least one that comes into play after downloading it, in which case it will probably be patched, but if it's just me then that means it's probably my console, and if it is that will be the Second xbox 360 that I will have to send back, so I'm hoping it's just a glitch, anyways, anyone else had similar disc read error problems upon downloading those maps?

I have heard of a few problems with the new maps but nothing like you describe. I not sure I want to download then now.

Didnt the XBOX version [of Shenmue II] have english voice overs?

Yes, and that's the reason for its inferiority.

This is where you say, "I see."

Anyway, I was thinking the other day that the 360 really needs some charming games. There's an abundance of angry looking men with guns on the horizon, but, whilst I'm not saying this makes them bad games, it would be nice if there was something with anywhere near as much personality as, say, Chibi-Robo. I mean there's Viva Pinata and... what?

In fact the original Xbox was remarkably low on charm, too. Galleon is the only title that springs to mind and that game may as well have been packaged with a jar of Marmite. Some people would mention Fable, but for whatever reason I found it quite hollow.

Yes, and that's the reason for its inferiority.

This is where you say, "I see."

Anyway, I was thinking the other day that the 360 really needs some charming games. There's an abundance of angry looking men with guns on the horizon, but, whilst I'm not saying this makes them bad games, it would be nice if there was something with anywhere near as much personality as, say, Chibi-Robo. I mean there's Viva Pinata and... what?

In fact the original Xbox was remarkably low on charm, too. Galleon is the only title that springs to mind and that game may as well have been packaged with a jar of Marmite. Some people would mention Fable, but for whatever reason I found it quite hollow.

That is why I love Nintendo for as they have the nack of being able to pull off games like that.

i literally play Table Tennis all day yesterday till 3am haha i only beat the first 2 tournaments too, at first i thought i owned that game, but then when i played Jesper on medium i thought other wise... guess i have to practice more now...:(

I spent most my day playing Table Tennis with with friends yesturday.. The game is like crack cocaine.

game is like crack cocaine.

fer real, its addicting because you want to beat the guy so damn bad, and then you end up practicing for hours trying to beat just one guy... but yah that game is crazy fun, but pretty kind of hard once you get up into the later tournaments

Anyone tried Doom 3, Silent Hill or Lego SW yet on the 360. WOuld love to know if thye play well. :confused: