NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Probably a stupid question but I'm fairly out of touch these days - how well does the 360 play with extra/external storage?

I believe you've got to format it to FAT32 or NTSC (whatever it is, can't remember) then you can plug it in and it works like the HDD does.

I believe you've got to format it to FAT32 or NTSC (whatever it is, can't remember) then you can plug it in and it works like the HDD does.

This hard drives only? Do USB sticks work ok? Is there any upper limit on size? I'd read something about 32gb when I was googling earlier(hence why I decided to just try here).

Finally registered the 30 day Gold subscription card that I got with GTA 4 (which I picked up from a car boot last year for £5) and then downloaded Dead Rising 2 for free. Love it!

Any idea what the next game is?

Despite collecting loads of pointless games on the PS3, Vita and PC, I've not claimed any of the games so far. Either I've already had them, I have no interest in buying them (Crackdown) or they've been complete turds (Dead Rising 2).

The fan on my Xbox has broke, just in time for GTA :( Every time I go to play it, it overheats after about 40 mins and just turns itself off. I blew into it and tried to clear dust out but it didn't seem to help. I eventually installed GTA (the part you don't have to install) to see if that would help and that's when I realised the fan isn't just being shit, it actually isn't working at all. What I thought was the fan was actually just the disc making noise.

So yeah, is there an easy (cheap? official?) way to fix this?

Hello, I don't post often but just wanted to ask a question to people on here!

Does anybody know of good 360 games for kids? My 8 year old nephew is getting one for his birthday because all his friends have one. He is getting Minecraft (which he loves) and a bunch of random kinect games with it and I am getting him Rayman Origins. Im not really aware of other good games for kids on the xbox. PS3 has stuff like Ratchet, Puppeteer & Littlebigplanet, while Nintendo has the obvious (he plays Mario games and Luigis mansion etc. on the 3DS).

Was just wondering if there are any suitable xbox exclusives/indie games or even third party offerings that anyone would recommend?

Hello, I don't post often but just wanted to ask a question to people on here!

Does anybody know of good 360 games for kids? My 8 year old nephew is getting one for his birthday because all his friends have one. He is getting Minecraft (which he loves) and a bunch of random kinect games with it and I am getting him Rayman Origins. Im not really aware of other good games for kids on the xbox. PS3 has stuff like Ratchet, Puppeteer & Littlebigplanet, while Nintendo has the obvious (he plays Mario games and Luigis mansion etc. on the 3DS).

Was just wondering if there are any suitable xbox exclusives/indie games or even third party offerings that anyone would recommend?

I didn't play it too much(cos it got nicked eventually through my own silliness) but I enjoyed Viva Pinata for a bit. Don't know how to explain it really, kinda a weird garden/pet sim...no idea how an 8 year old boy would take to it though! De Blob's a kinda cool idea/game too, basically a dull grey platformer which you spend time bringing colour to. Can't think of anything else that springs immediately to mind for me though, maybe t'others'll have some good suggestions.

Ah thanks for the suggestions - De Blob and Banjo seem like good shouts, and I've always been intrigued by Viva Pinata myself so will check that out, cheers! Can't believe how few of the AAA or critically acclaimed physical release titles this generation are not 18 rated titles!

Right. .. I've just acquired my first 360 (my mate just got a PS4 and I was given his old 360.)

Question is: I don't want to fork out for Live. How will this hamper my enjoyment of the system. Obviously I wont be able to game online, but what about achievements etc. Will I be excluded?

Right. .. I've just acquired my first 360 (my mate just got a PS4 and I was given his old 360.)

Question is: I don't want to fork out for Live. How will this hamper my enjoyment of the system. Obviously I wont be able to game online, but what about achievements etc. Will I be excluded?

No if you dont pay for Gold then you'll just not be able to play online and use certain services like Netflix or even Internet Explorer.

Basically, as @Happenstance said you will not be able to use online services (including those you may already pay for like Netflix) without paying for Gold.

Bought myself a new Xbox 360 to replace my original model last night. Found a bargain (99€) but it doesn't have a hard drive. Anyone can recommend a cheap hard drive anywhere? I don't need a large one, as I have coped with 20GB so far with my original model.

My console is one of the most recent remodels.

You can use a USB memory stick for most games. Some games with large installs (BF4 for example) don't let you though.

You can also "hack" a laptop drive to fit if you happen to have one lying around, although you're limited to certain models - check this video and the description