NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Maybe it's a new Fable!

It's a new Kinect, for the entire house to be motion controlled from the Xbox

Good. The quicker that PS4 and 720 get unveiled, the quicker we get all of this shrouded-in-mystery BS over and done with!

The promises of nebulous nonsense that has spread over the last year or so is just pissing me off. Finally we'll be able to see what they're actually doing/not doing and we'll see what fantastic/piss poor graphics jump that "next gen" will offer.

Looking forward to anti-used game systems that have discs with RFID tags (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506560) that sell for £50 with ingame ads and another £50's worth of DLC on top of the privilage of paying full whack for it :) And with new controllers that are functionally identical to the ones you've already got for just £40 a pop (oh and you can't use your existing PS360 ones either...)

Only £300 with a 2 year XBL Gold subscription (Youtube and Netflix access sold separately) WHAT A STEAL!!!

I'm becoming a right Cranky Kong lol. Maybe if I'm lucky, there will be a couple of indie games I'm interested in playing in a couple of years down the line after retail becomes nothing but COD/COD clones, Uncharted & Heavy Rain clones, Asscreed and Fifa...

Edited by Dcubed

I completed The Amazing Spider-Man today but not 100 % - I still need 105 G but I refuse to get them as they require me to go through the game again in some sense. The game has A TON of collectibles and most of them are no fun to get at all and you don't get much from getting everything so I stopped at 500 Comic Book Pages so I had all digital comic books. I intend to read them at some point.

As for the game itself, it was enjoyable. I have only played Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions before this and this was miles better. It still had some faults, mainly being very repetitive while the combat system is flawed and limited, but the story was somewhat good and the basic mechanics worked.

Now I have to decide which game to start on next: Sonic Generations, Dishonored, Dust: An Elysian Tail, The Walking Dead, or Alice: Madness Returns (along with the original Alice). Tough decisions!

Have you seen this? It looks really cool from a technologically viewpoint but I don't think I would use it personally. Also, I would probably prefer to have my TV surrounded by nothing but white wall if I were to use this. I wonder what projects the image? It almost has to be some sort of projector behind the player.

Well, I think that we may be looking at the 720's main gimmick here!

Granted, it has very few, if any, ramifications on gameplay (barring a game like Eternal Darkness; man, imagine the sanity effects they could pull off with this!) but it is pretty a cool concept nonetheless.

I like the warbely effect from the gunshot in that video! Pretty impressive stuff! (the expanded FOV... I dunno. Looks too difficult to keep track of - and the floating gun in the middle of the display looks insanely stupid!)

This is something that really needs a glasses free 3D projector (do those even exist?) to really work though, along with a glasses free HDTV.

Also I question how well it would actually work in a real setting. It's all well and good showing it in a lifestyle ad, with a perfect living room (and unbearablely fake family to go along with it!), but I doubt that it would work nearly as well in my own living room. I don't even have enough space for Kinect to work, let alone a projector! (which is also why I don't have a projector setup in place of my HDTV - believe you me, I'd love to have one if I had the space!)

Either way though, good on em for trying something different! Sony could learn a thing or two from MS and how to create something new and exciting without resorting to merely poorly imitating Nintendo!

I shudder to think at how much it's gonna cost though... They want a beefy system that includes an enhanced Kinect camera AND a projector now!? (they'll at least make a killing on selling extra projector bulbs though. They cost a fucking fortune to buy!)

Hope you're comfortable paying $599.99 with a 2+ year contract to pay off the rest of it!

Edited by Dcubed

I'm pretty sure it will be an accessory. I doubt such an expensive, pointless and vomit-inducing feature will be part of the main console package.

I personally think that a much, much more subtle effect would be better.

Edited by Cube

I personally think that a much, much more subtle effect would be better.

Ya, agreed, why extend the viewport? That's just going to put distracting things on your bookshelf that you can't quite see. On the other hand, if there was a blur during racing games or lights that reacted to the music etc, something designed to compliment and focus your view, rather than expanding it, it could be awesome.

Even projecting similar colours (similar to the technology that projects it behind the screen) to what is on screen would be good.

I would imagine that Dance Central could go crazy with the technology. That's one kind of game where this would really work.

I'm fascinated by it the same way a magpie is by bottle tops. Who knows if it adds anything worthwhile enough so that people turn it on all the time. The snow effect was the only thing I thought looked really cheap and annoying; how many developers will just bolt a cheap effect like that on?

I for one maintain my gloomy expectations of the gaming future. All this extra-peripheral stuff requires, for me, extra-sensory stuff that I don't have. That technology would be literally useless for my eyes. If I'm in the first half of the cinema I have to turn my head to see the other half of the screen. My dad has a projector TV and I can't see the whole thing with my vision.

I'm not saying that the next gen of gaming will be incompatible with jay7.0, just sayin' that it's fairly clear at some point in the future games will be all snazzy and fancy and shit, but I can't play :'(

Plus side; shitload of games on a shitload of consoles already in existence.

with that vid makes it seem like you have to play on it in a dark room to take full advantage of the technology. If you play in the middle of the day i expect it will be next to useless.

Which Xbox game can you recommend? I'd like something with good graphics and nice storyline :bouncy:

Just got a Kinect the other day (I'm soon moving to something bigger and got it for a good price) with Adventures and Fruit Ninja. Which games should I be getting? I'll get Sports season 2 (as I can get that cheap from a friend) so apart from that?

I feel like this is a stupid question, but can anyone tell me how much microsoft points roughly are? I tried a google(can't xbox right now) and couldn't find a definitive answer. I'm wondering how much they'll be via the xbox itself. I had a thought that it was likt £8 for 1000 or so?

I feel like this is a stupid question, but can anyone tell me how much microsoft points roughly are? I tried a google(can't xbox right now) and couldn't find a definitive answer. I'm wondering how much they'll be via the xbox itself. I had a thought that it was likt £8 for 1000 or so?

It's about £17 for 2100 points, £30 gets you 4,200 points (varies per location). You can get points at various locations, on and offline. And don't get them via the Xbox, it's usually more expensive with this option.

Turned my Xbox on for the first time in 3 weeks yesterday, played on Absolution for a few hours. An aweful lot of garrotting was committed, can't fault that at all.

So that's looking about what I thought, £6.50/£7ish for each Halo map pack! That's mental. I'll forego it on principlé methinks.

It's not the points that are overpriced though its the map packs. You can get some fantastic games for 800 points.

XBox Live Ultimate Sale starts on Tuesday, with heavily reduced prices on some games

Some of the titles you can expect to see on sale:

Assassins Creed

Assassins Creed 2

Batman Arkham Asylum

Batman Arkham city

Bioshock

Borderlands

Borderlands 2

Brotherhood (Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood)

Call of Juarez

Call of Duty 2

Call of Duty 3

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Code Veronica

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements

Dead Island

Dirt 2

Dishonored

El Shaddai Ascension of the Metatron

Fable III

Fallout 3

Fallout 3 New Vegas

GRID

Halo 3

Halo 4

Halo Reach

Halo Wars

Kane & Lynch Dead Men

Left for Dead 2

Max Payne 3

Metal Gear Solid HD

Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker

Mortal Kombat

Mortal Kombat vs. DCU

Orange Box

Portal 2

Raccoon City

Rainbow Six Vegas

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil 5

Resident Evil 6

Red Dead Redemption

Revelations (Assassin’s Creed Revelations)

Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution

Street Fighter IV

Street Fighter X Tekken

Super Streetfighter IV Arcade Edition

TC’s H.A.W.X.

Tekken 6

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

The Darkness

The King of Fighters XIII

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2

Tomb Raider Legend

Virtua Fighter 5

World at War (Call of Duty: World at War)

*Content availability and pricing may vary by region

http://majornelson.com/2013/02/22/the-xbox-live-ultimate-game-sale/

Nothing for me in that least, really, but if Fallout 3 is properly priced I might pick that up as I've heard a lot of praise for it.

So will everyone be able to participate in this sale, or is it just for Gold subscribers? Because I got burned the last time someone posted about a sale in this thread.

I'd consider getting El Shaddai if the price is right.

Edited by Magnus

The sale started today but with some trouble. Majornelson reports that the games on sale today are

Halo 3

Halo 4

Halo: Reach

Halo Wars

http://majornelson.com/2013/02/25/xbox-live-ultimate-game-sale-starts-today/

but the following titles are also at a reduced price:

Call of Juarez

Bioshock

The Darkness

Grid

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Virtua Fighter V

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

TCs Rainbow Six Vegas

I bought Bioshock for the equivalent of £4.5.

Edit: Ah, seems like there are just additional offers this week. The offers in the list here last all week:

Persistent Offers Feb 26 – Mar 4 Standard Price Discount Price Savings % Off

Dirt 2 $29.99 $4.99 $25.00 83%

GRID $29.99 $4.99 $25.00 83%

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements $19.99 $2.99 $17.00 85%

Rayman Raving Rabbids $19.99 $2.99 $17.00 85%

TCs. HAWX $19.99 $4.99 $15.00 75%

Rainbow Six Vegas $19.99 $4.99 $15.00 75%

Kane & Lynch Dead Men $19.99 $4.99 $15.00 75%

Call of Juarez $19.99 $4.99 $15.00 75%

Tomb Raider Legend $29.99 $4.99 $25.00 83%

Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter $19.99 $4.99 $15.00 75%

Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 $19.99 $4.99 $15.00 75%

Virtua Fighter 5 $19.99 $4.99 $15.00 75%

Bioshock $19.99 $4.99 $15.00 75%

El Shaddai Ascension of the Metatron $19.99 $2.99 $17.00 85%

The Darkness $19.99 $4.99 $15.00 75%

http://majornelson.com/2013/02/26/additional-xbox-live-ultimate-game-sale-items-on-sale/

Edited by MindFreak

Welp, if $17 is the best they can do for El Shaddai, I'm not interested. And after I spent nearly an hour going through a forced update, remembering my password, setting up two different ways for Microsoft to get in touch with me and trying to find the online store, too. :sad:

I do like how they recommend games based on games you've played in the past, though. I especially like how it still recommends games I've already played. Half the recommendations were because I played Deadly Premonition and Nier (I guess playing both of those games means I have very eclectic taste), and apparently I'd enjoy Mirror's Edge because I played Crackdown and Mass Effect because I played the Fable games. Because those are so similar.

Welp, if $17 is the best they can do for El Shaddai, I'm not interested. And after I spent nearly an hour going through a forced update, remembering my password, setting up two different ways for Microsoft to get in touch with me and trying to find the online store, too. :sad:

You're looking at the wrong number - it's $2.99.