NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I've been playing Halo: CE Anniversary and I was really enjoying it for the most part until... yup. Flood. Mostly the levels they've appeared on have been mind-numbingly dull and repetetive, and I'm currently on the level Two Betrayals where you basically go through a previous level backwards.

But my biggest gripe currently is the flood with a rocket launcher. Thanks to not really thinking about it, I've got one bar of health which isn't enough to prevent a one-hit-kills affair with said floody launcher dickhead guy. To make matters worse, I'm using my shield-draining EMP trick, so after I've cleared a room I do this and lose my shield then the flood live up to their name and pour in. I can take out loads, but before I can even see the rocket guy I'm engulfed in flames. I don't know if there's one or two or what. It's taken me dozens of tries! So frustrating! I've gone off and tried to find health everywhere in the level but to no avail. I'm essentially tasked with either repeating this bit until blind luck gets me through, or restarting the level and spending another hour catching up to this spot -- with no guarentee I'll reach it with more health -- and even if I did I'm fairly sure the rocket flood takes off most/all of that, too.

EDIT: ... of course the first attempt after I vent (and after 35 minutes of actually noticing the time pass - who knows how long it actually took... I know it's taken me 2 hours on this one level alone so far!) ... I did it. Got really lucky with a bunch of grenades and it seems the rest of the flood ran around in a loop so I just got the frak outta there. Phew!

Does anyone know if NTSC(J)* games work on PAL(UK) consoles? I got home to find my 2nd-hand Enslaved: Odyssey to the West is NTSC(J). Was worried, but it starts up and plays perfectly fine on this PAL(AUS) console.

I also bought Binary Domain and Skyrim. Got all 3 for roughly £30 - a serious bargain by Australian standards. Enjoying Enslaved so far - stylish and clearly borrowing from PoP, jumping on the freerunning/climbing bandwagon. It feels a bit easy so far, but only on chapter 5 (of 15ish?), so we'll see. Pretty game, though.

I don't know the correct formatting or stylisation

I've been playing Halo: CE Anniversary and I was really enjoying it for the most part until... yup. Flood. Mostly the levels they've appeared on have been mind-numbingly dull and repetetive' date=' and I'm currently on the level [i']Two Betrayals[/i] where you basically go through a previous level backwards.

But my biggest gripe currently is the flood with a rocket launcher. Thanks to not really thinking about it, I've got one bar of health which isn't enough to prevent a one-hit-kills affair with said floody launcher dickhead guy. To make matters worse, I'm using my shield-draining EMP trick, so after I've cleared a room I do this and lose my shield then the flood live up to their name and pour in. I can take out loads, but before I can even see the rocket guy I'm engulfed in flames. I don't know if there's one or two or what. It's taken me dozens of tries! So frustrating! I've gone off and tried to find health everywhere in the level but to no avail. I'm essentially tasked with either repeating this bit until blind luck gets me through, or restarting the level and spending another hour catching up to this spot -- with no guarentee I'll reach it with more health -- and even if I did I'm fairly sure the rocket flood takes off most/all of that, too.

EDIT: ... of course the first attempt after I vent (and after 35 minutes of actually noticing the time pass - who knows how long it actually took... I know it's taken me 2 hours on this one level alone so far!) ... I did it. Got really lucky with a bunch of grenades and it seems the rest of the flood ran around in a loop so I just got the frak outta there. Phew!

I also got to the bit with the Flood (the Library level I think) when I realised that this game is really dated now and hasn't aged too well.

So I stopped playing. Maybe one day I'll play it again, but it'd have to be in co-op to ease the monotony.

I also got to the bit with the Flood (the Library level I think) when I realised that this game is really dated now and hasn't aged too well.

So I stopped playing. Maybe one day I'll play it again, but it'd have to be in co-op to ease the monotony.

I did the level again on a skull/terminal playthrough on easy and blitzed this one, but didn't enjoy it. Couldn't imagine trying to do it on legendary in under 30ish minutes. There are a couple of rocket dudes near the end and they'll basically one-hit kill you, even on easy!

The terminal videos were excellent, and having played Halo 4 they make loads of sense and really help with some background for the events to do with the Didact, and there are references to promethians too.

It's a some/not-many kinda thing:

http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Region_Free_Xbox_360_Games

It seems that there's no worry that any games that work on australian PAL consoles will also work on UK PAL consoles, which is great news, thanks!

I did the level again on a skull/terminal playthrough on easy and blitzed this one' date=' but didn't enjoy it. Couldn't imagine trying to do it on legendary in under 30ish minutes. There are a couple of rocket dudes near the end and they'll basically one-hit kill you, even on easy![/quote']

There are a couple of cheeky shortcuts on the level which help you skip certain parts. But yeah those rocket guys are a pain in the butt. Many a time did they ruin my achievement run of the level.

I've started getting questions sent to me via xbox ambassaders? via MSN/Trillian. Anyone else receiving correspondance from them?.

No, but if they are contacting you on MSN I would be wary that you're being scammed. C&P an excerpt?

I finished Lego Lord of The Rings last week and enjoyed it so much that I decided to pick Lego Pirates of the Caribbean. Man, I love the Lego games. They are so much fun to play and are the perfect games to just kick back and chill out to. :grin:

I finished Lego Lord of The Rings last week and enjoyed it so much that I decided to pick Lego Pirates of the Caribbean. Man, I love the Lego games. They are so much fun to play and are the perfect games to just kick back and chill out to. :grin:

Indeed!

I have got Lego lord of the rings & lego batman 2 to get and play through with my gf sometime, although our next 'together' game is New Super Mario Bros U.

Once we have played it through it I then go solo for all collectables etc - sometimes that can get a bit frustrating but overall yeah, they are nice simple enjoyable games.

Indeed!

I have got Lego lord of the rings & lego batman 2 to get and play through with my gf sometime, although our next 'together' game is New Super Mario Bros U.

Once we have played it through it I then go solo for all collectables etc - sometimes that can get a bit frustrating but overall yeah, they are nice simple enjoyable games.

This certainly is the case when trying to get the blink due to the buggy/glitchy nature of the Lego games. I had to go through one of the Harry Potter ones twice purely because one of collectables glitched on me.

On LOTR a Mithril Brick glitched on me leaving me at 99% completion rate and locking me out of several achievements. It is a wide spread problem and luckily they released some codes that you put in the Extras menu which netted you the blink. They are working on a patch for this issue as well though.

This certainly is the case when trying to get the blink due to the buggy/glitchy nature of the Lego games. I had to go through one of the Harry Potter ones twice purely because one of collectables glitched on me.

On LOTR a Mithril Brick glitched on me leaving me at 99% completion rate and locking me out of several achievements. It is a wide spread problem and luckily they released some codes that you put in the Extras menu which netted you the blink. They are working on a patch for this issue as well though.

Cool, I had to replay most of lego indi 2 a few years ago because of a glitch. I think it was in one of the hub worlds a flame or something similar disappeared

, I think when we were playing through we grabbed it and threw it messing around but it never came back like it's supposed to, making it impossible for me to get one of the collectables later on!

Anybody on here have Ticket to Ride? Me and the family bought the board game for Christmas and I got hooked. Want someone to play with xP

Add my GT =)

Anyone pick up/play Spec Ops: The Line? Picked it up on the cheap on Boxing Day, started it on Friday and finished it last night.

Pretty good I felt. Gameplay is a bit run-of-the-mill, although that's hardly the worst thing as is still an enjoyable romp, and it isn't exactly the longest game (just over 4 hours to finish on the middle difficulty) but the story was definitely the best part. Clearly, it was trying to ape Heart of Darkness (hell, one of the characters is even called John Konrad in reference to the author) / Apocalypse Now but it was interesting seeing everything unfold through the game/at the end.

Was a shame the actual decisions you make don't actually bear any effect on the game, outside of the final decision right at the end which lets you see/play the epilogue or not, but it definitely does bring up questions of the morality of soldiers' actions (but more generally how we as people deal with denial) and the psychological effects that these scenarios can have on them. One part in particular, which is clearly a reference to Apocalypse Now/the Vietnam War, does leave a rather haunted image.

Would also have been nice to see the sand mechanic being more dynamic than it was but that may be a conscious decision on behalf of the developers due to aging hardware.

Still, for £12 I'm not complaining. Thought it was pretty good and definitely agree with the sentiments going round the industry/internet about it having a good story backing it. If anyone is looking for a decent game to tide them over, and one which you can get a relatively easy 1000G from (all the achievements/trophies can be gotten in the single player and probably through 2 runs on the top two difficulties), then I do recommend it.

Now to start Crysis 2, which I picked up for a fiver as I haven't gotten round to playing it yet.

Fancied picking up Ghostbusters:The Game the other day, seeing as it's awesome and all. Thought I'd be able to get it for a song, but...

£36 on amazon

£39 on play.com

And £25 at Game, but not in stock.

May have to trawl through the preowned bin when I'm next in town.

Fancied picking up Ghostbusters:The Game the other day, seeing as it's awesome and all. Thought I'd be able to get it for a song, but...

£36 on amazon

£39 on play.com

And £25 at Game, but not in stock.

May have to trawl through the preowned bin when I'm next in town.

You can have mine if you want? I imported it from the US when it first got released so I could never trade it in. They never did fix the glitch that stopped me and my mates getting the full 1000/1000 though. :(

Due to me not liking the Wii U at all I fired up the old faithful 360 and played through a bunch of games last week.

Lego Pirates

Hot on the heels of Lego LOTR I started playing through this. Like all the Lego games a joy to play and the lack of a giant hub world was quite welcome.

DBZ Budokai HD Collection

This took me back to my younger years. The first game hasn't aged well but the 3rd game was still a blast, especially the adventure mode.

DBZ Kinect

Awesome experience, if a little repetitive. I don't think I have ever smiled so much while playing a game when I had to do my first Kamehameha and Spirit Bomb. Luckily I didn't have to charge the Spirit Bomb for several episodes.

I played it 8 hours straight and woke up the next morning in agony. :D

Far Cry 3

I very nice surprise this one. I picked it up cheap from GAMEs sale and found it a a very fun, if a little trippy, experience. At times it reminded me of a first person Just Cause.

Sleeping Dogs

A game I have been wanting to play since its release and I finally picked it up for a responsible £15. I actually preferred this over GTAIV especially the combat. The fighting system reminded me of the Batman Arkham games, very fast and very fluid. Top game and highly recommended.

All of these added a nice 5000 GS before the year is out. :)

You can have mine if you want? I imported it from the US when it first got released so I could never trade it in. They never did fix the glitch that stopped me and my mates getting the full 1000/1000 though. :(

Will it work on a UK 360 though? How much do you want for it?

Will it work on a UK 360 though? How much do you want for it?

Yeah, it works. I imported it because the Euro version got delayed.

You misunderstood me when I said you can have it. I meant you can HAVE it, no payment necessary. Just PM me your address and I'll send it off for you.

Far Cry 3

I very nice surprise this one. I picked it up cheap from GAMEs sale and found it a a very fun, if a little trippy, experience. At times it reminded me of a first person Just Cause.

I got this hilariously cheap on the PC and have gotten a good way through it. Great game and very fun, yet despite all the size and an intial feeling that it was a very layered game, I actually found it a bit shallow.

I think it's about the most fun I've had with a Sniper Rifle for a long time, though.

I got Dark Souls Prepare to Die edition for Christmas and am looking forward to getting into that soon.

I got this hilariously cheap on the PC and have gotten a good way through it. Great game and very fun, yet despite all the size and an intial feeling that it was a very layered game, I actually found it a bit shallow.

I think it's about the most fun I've had with a Sniper Rifle for a long time, though.

I got Dark Souls Prepare to Die edition for Christmas and am looking forward to getting into that soon.

Agreed. Clearing the camps out with a sniper was very satisfying, especially sniping the guard dogs.

It was also hilarious getting attacked off a bear, only for me to pull out my RPG and send it to hell. :D

Man for all we know, Major Nelson just discovered this countdown making website and thought he had found something awesome. Like when your Mum sends you an email about the free drinks holder that makes your CD tray pop out.

It does not automatically = new Xbox.