3000 - 9999: Contender.

- Special Birthday Gift.

10,000 - 24,999: Champion

- Special Birthday Gift.

- 1% rebate on XBLM purchases.

25,000+: Legend

- Special Birthday Gift.

- 2% rebate on XBLM purchases.

The birthday gift has an approximate value of 15p.

Is it me, or would Microsoft seem less stingy if they didn't bother with this? With the 2% one you need to spend 20,000 MS points to get a 400 MS Point game.

Edited by Cube

More annoyingly it's just going to leave you with a tonne of leftover points :/

There is no page 1138 or 1139. It's a bug.

Yes, I see that now. My reply appeared on page 1137.

A new part of Xbox Reward has been launched based on achievements

3000 - 9999: Contender.

- Special Birthday Gift.

10,000 - 24,999: Champion

- Special Birthday Gift.

- 1% rebate on XBLM purchases.

25,000+: Legend

- Special Birthday Gift.

- 2% rebate on XBLM purchases.

The birthday gift has an approximate value of 15p.

Is it me, or would Microsoft seem less stingy if they didn't bother with this? With the 2% one you need to spend 20,000 MS points to get a 400 MS Point game.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Yeah, it's a step in the right direction but it's seriously useless.

A step in the right direction? They are probably spending more money on rolling out this new reward system than they will reward all their Live members, combined, ever.

More annoyingly it's just going to leave you with a tonne of leftover points :/

Are you serious?

Edited by are1981

No, I worded it badly, in fact I didn't think I even submitted that post. What I meant to say was, it's going to leave you with pointlessly small amounts of excess points eg 1316 if you had 2100 and bought something for 800 with the 25k+ bonus.

I was under the assumption that surely the points will only get deposited once you accumulate a certain even number such as 100 just like you get from doing monthly surveys on the site, 20 MSP per survey so after 5 months you get 100 MSP deposited into your account...

... come to think of it, that's not even that great but at least it's better than nothing I suppose. :heh:

Lol the birthday gift is also 20 MSP.

So you've had XBL for 5 years and accumulated 50k achievement points? Which means you've bought a minimum of 50 games and spent probably like £1000-1500?

Here's 20 MSP back. Approximate retail value: 17 pence.

4 more years of Xbox and you can afford a hat for your avatar!

Wait, it's simply 20 MS points? I was expecting some useless random Avatar item.

New report on MSP's death:

http://www.vg247.com/2012/10/08/microsoft-abandoning-ms-points-new-report-claims/

I am sure this will lead to prices increasing, as currently, multiplatform games are between approximately 5-15 percent cheaper on Xbox 360 than on PlayStation 3, at least here in Norway.

Edit:

I forgot to mention the occasionally very reasonably priced MSP codes available on Amazon UK. When I bought MSP on Amazon UK in July, 1800 points for GBP 12.99 (10.83 exported to Norway), game prices decreased to a very comfortable level!

The bottom line is, I think I like MSP, an I do not want it to go away.

Edited by are1981

Here in AUS it's currently about $50AUD for 3000 - which works out to be £30. It's not much but it's definitely not cheap. Comaparatively the On Demand games are actually quite reasonably priced (via the dash). New games retail for around $120AUD (£70ish!!) so it'd be interesting to see how prices alter. I'd imagine they would be marked up a few dollars.

However if I didn't need to do The Great Faff each time I wanted to get points in order to get a game, then I'd probably purchase more and more often.

I'm too used to using MSP. I don't think it would make a difference using money compared to MSP with purchases. I suppose it's nice using points though, and i don't intend on putting my card details online. Havn't yet so far.

Got the updated dashboard yesterday...

More boxes on home page for more adverts....

Not tried IE on it yet.

Why would you? :blank: it's bad enough on a PC. I hear they've used a new type of keyboard on the xbox where you have to move a cursor round to press each key.

Pins seemed like they were going to be the saviour of the dash, til I realised it works nothing like it does on their (somewhat) more open platforms (Win 8/mobile). You can pin your most used tiles! Great!

But not to any of the existing pages.

Why would you? :blank: it's bad enough on a PC. I hear they've used a new type of keyboard on the xbox where you have to move a cursor round to press each key.

Really? That's quite amusing, especially after Valve randomly made a version of Internet Explorer specially designed for the Xbox 360 controller.

One thing I don't understand - the Metro interface on Xbox looks quite nice, yet the versions on Windows Phone and Windows 8 are some of the ugliest UIs I've encountered.

Got the updated dashboard yesterday...

More boxes on home page for more adverts....

Block rpt.rad.msn.com and msnvidweb.vo.msecnd.net through your router or OpenDNS.

Got no intention of actually using it, was just going to have a look at it since it's a 'new' feature.

Since my laptop is never far away and if i'm even lazier my iPhone is I have no use for browers on my tv.

I signed upto the beta program, was accepted but never recieved the update. Not that i cared too much, i don't look past friends or games on the dashboard to care what the other blocks are.

Block rpt.rad.msn.com and msnvidweb.vo.msecnd.net through your router or OpenDNS.

This solution is better than nothing, but barely. You end up with a loading animation instead and it's not really the content of the ads that matters, it's the space they take up.

Anyway the new update hasn't rolled out to me yet, but I'm trying not to get too bothered by it. They're clearly not listening to feedback, maybe they're working their way towards making XBL Gold free. Ha.

Anyway the new update hasn't rolled out to me yet, but I'm trying not to get too bothered by it. They're clearly not listening to feedback, maybe they're working their way towards making XBL Gold free. Ha.

Mine disconnected me while I was online playing a game! And wouldn't let me sign back in till I downloaded it.

Free XBL would nice... I think it would be hard for them to justify still charging when the next console comes out, thats if Sonys next console online is level pegging with party chat etc.

But this is microsoft we are talking about...

Oh I don't really see that happening, it's a big profit maker after all. Wouldn't mind some shakeup of the system though. Maybe change Silver to Bronze, Gold to Silver and reduce the price a bit, and make Gold the premium service with no ads and some PlayStation Plus style benefits (free games!)

New dash looks decent enough. Marketplace is marginally shuffled around, but there's some "recommended games" stuff I've not seen before. Bit annoying that they base recommendations on downloaded demos as much as actual purchased games but still a decent feature (highlight the box and it'll say why they recommended it).

For some odd reason I have not received the update... :/

Neither have I. It's rolled out during the week and not just on one day. Probably to take off some of the heavy load on the servers.

Neither have I. It's rolled out during the week and not just on one day. Probably to take off some of the heavy load on the servers.

Ah, that explains it. Thanks! :)

New dash looks decent enough. Marketplace is marginally shuffled around' date=' but there's some "recommended games" stuff I've not seen before. Bit annoying that they base recommendations on downloaded demos as much as actual purchased games but still a decent feature (highlight the box and it'll say why they recommended it).[/quote']

They should recommend games based on what games you have achievements in.