NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

GGIPBYHWARC! My old collection of games was majorly purchased when teh games were sub-£10. There are plenty of bargains out there for that price, just be sure to get a rottentomatoes score as there are obviously some stinkers in the bargain bin.

Played the demos for both The Darkness 2 and Syndicate (co-op) today, and by god those are two games I will purchase. The Darkness was a given since I really loved the first game, and even though it's Digital Extremes working on it rather than Starbreeze, it is going to be pretty fantastic, and it plays pretty well even though I'm interested in it from more of a story perspective. Syndicate on the other hand, by god, it feels mechanically great, although the shooting functions are ripped from Crysis 2, it still looks to have enough of it's own quirks to make it interesting. Funnily enough, it's being developed by Starbreeze :heh:

Similarly, I tried the Darkness II demo and the Goldeneye demo this weekend.

However I was left with the desire to own only one of those, can you guess which? :/ I'll give you a hint, it wasn't the one that felt like Call of Duty: James Bond Edition.

I don't understand why they've gone for cartoon graphics on the Darkness II though; I preferred the look of the first. In fact I think I hate those kinds of visuals, it was probably the one thing I didn't enjoy all the way through Borderlands.

I've also given the new Goldeneye a shot as well, i knew it wouldn't be like the original. With that in mind, i looked at the demo as if it were a new title. It wern't brilliant really.

I know right? Yet the Wii fanboys were totally going wild over that shit. It's pathetic.

GoldenEye is actually quite different than Modern Warefare. You get to be much stealthier (if you choose). The single player is much more fun than any after CoD4.

The worst thing about it...you know that epic Trevelyan speech by the helicopter explaining why he turned in the film?

It's been replaced with "I'm evil because the bloody bankers got their bloody bonuses!"

The demo stopped before you jumped off the dam (...) but I didn't really feel much opportunity to be stealthy after the first sniper tower. How on Earth I was going to infiltrate the main base after killing 20+ enemies from a truck and blowing up a tanker with my AK47, I never got to find out.

I know right? Yet the Wii fanboys were totally going wild over that shit. It's pathetic.

It could be better on the Wii than the 360/PS3, i'll have to look into it though.

The worst thing about it...you know that epic Trevelyan speech by the helicopter explaining why he turned in the film?

vader.jpg

I bought that shit full price, and then returned it two days later. Trust me, it isn't better.

I bought that shit full price, and then returned it two days later. Trust me, it isn't better.

Oh, well i may see if it is cheap somewhere.

Guys I have a question about Xbox DRM.

I know you can transfer licenses to a new console once a year. But if you get a new console before that time And you've already used the transfer can you play your DLC or is it useless till the year is up? I think I remember someone saying you can still use it but you need to be connected to live to do so?

Can someone clear this up for me.

Guys I have a question about Xbox DRM.

I know you can transfer licenses to a new console once a year. But if you get a new console before that time And you've already used the transfer can you play your DLC or is it useless till the year is up? I think I remember someone saying you can still use it but you need to be connected to live to do so?

Can someone clear this up for me.

As long as your signed in online with the gamertag that bought the dlc/xbla then it will work.

I went like two years without knowing about transfering licences as I only have my gamertag signed in when I got a new one when mine broke.

Cheers Mike, so what happens if you try to play the content whilst you're offline?

Cheers Mike, so what happens if you try to play the content whilst you're offline?

I would assume it will just be a 'computer says no' moment, where it will ask you to sign into xbox live with the gamertag.

As I was only ever signed in I never really encountered what would happen.

-------------

In other news just watched an unboxing vid for the star wars 360, it's released on the 3rd April. Love the sound effects!

Edited by Mike1988uk

It dont work if your offline without transferring. Registers to your console and gamer tag, neeeeda transfer the console license to play offline on a new one :)

Played the demos for both The Darkness 2 and Syndicate (co-op) today, and by god those are two games I will purchase. The Darkness was a given since I really loved the first game, and even though it's Digital Extremes working on it rather than Starbreeze, it is going to be pretty fantastic, and it plays pretty well even though I'm interested in it from more of a story perspective.

I started and finished The Darkness II yesterday and I have to say that it's not a patch on the original game. Now I loved the first one and was pretty excited for the sequel, but the game is just far too short and easy. I think total campaign time was around the 5 hour mark. You do get another little campaign to do in the form of Vedetta, but even that is only about a couple of hours long.

The story isn't as interesting as the first game, although the end was pretty cool. The Darkness powers aren't as good either. I miss being able to send out my little darkness snake/worm and rip peoples throats out. :(

update: That video works. I tried it out last night and can now get full US Netflix. HASHTAG LOL

Probably get rid of my 360 this week I think, its just sitting around never getting used. Anyone got any idea how much Game or Gamestation offer these days for trade in for a 250gb 360?

Probably get rid of my 360 this week I think, its just sitting around never getting used. Anyone got any idea how much Game or Gamestation offer these days for trade in for a 250gb 360?

The way GAME are going, wouldn't surprise me if you got ?80-?100 for it.

Does anyone else feel like it's been such a slow, unexciting year for gaming so far? In November, things went crazy, and Skyrim and Dungeon Defenders have tided me over quite nicely since their release. March is looking fantastic. But it feels like a real drought in between. I'm really looking forward to SSX and Mass Effect 3, as well as the new Naruto game, but it feels like they're taking forever to arrive.

Can't really argue there, though honestly it hasn't impacted me at all. Skyrim, Dark Souls and Rayman have more than tided me over in the last few months and there's a tonne of games like Batman I never even picked up.

It does seem most companies have pushed out their final 360 titles, even though a new Xbox wouldn't be out until 2013.