NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Are you looking for general party games or co-op/4-player session games? Castle Crashers is a long-standing game of excellence for the latter. As for general party games, there's the free-to-download (I presume still) Dorito's Crash Course, and if you care to spend a few quid, you can get Table Tennis for like £1.50 from CEX, or look out for the XBLA Arcade disc which has 4-5 downloadable games on disc, including Pacman CE which is good take-in-turns fun for an hour or two, and costs £3, and looks like this;

955173_115527_front.jpg

Pacman isn't co-op or multiplayer but fun is had in trying to beat each other's scores, same with Beautiful Katamari.

But yeah - dlc has stuff like bomberman, worms, streets of rage, etc. purchasable games like Left 4 Dead are good for multiplayer, but if it's just two people then you're better getting something like Marvel Ultimate Alliance or even one of the Lego games -- again, depends on the timescale. General party games are rare, but I'm sure there are Scene-it games available.... Yeah, need more criteria! Otherwise things like halo, GoW, CoD, Army of Two and Rainbow Six offer some good co-op experiences, either in terms of campaigns or horde modes, stuff like that. Shooters shouldn't be dissed outright - difficulties can be set as high or low as you please, and teamwork is required.

Definitely just want to say do not get ilomilo as it's not really co-op at all.

Call of Duty

Castle Crashers

Lara Croft: Guardian of Light

Metal Slug 3

Metal Slug XX

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Assuming you're looking for downloadable co-op games (what other kind of multiplayer is there?).

Lara Croft: Guardian of Light

Brilliant choice, great co-op game.

Others co-ops spring to mind:

Rayman Origins

Portal 2

Borderlands

Halo Reach

Resident Evil 5

Earth Defense Force - old school b-movie fun

Army of Two

Splinter Cell Conviction

I wouldn't recommend Army of Two personally, @Eddage and myself played through it, and whilst there's quite a lot of fun to be had with it most of the way, it got properly frustrating later on... and not fun!

Splinter Cell Conviction I can recommend!

Along with Rainbow Six Vegas 1/2 and the Gears games!

@Eddage, once Summer rolls around we need to get Gears 3 going! :D

Is there a way of having multiple profiles on the 360? I've always had my 360 in my room with my profile on it but i'm getting a new 360 with kinect for the living room which is going to be used by multiple users.

When i tried adding another profile on mine it added it but they had to play without the xbox live as it seems live is attatched to just 1 profile.

Is there a way round it or it that the way it is? The wii seemed easier with the Mii's for multiple users.

Is there a way of having multiple profiles on the 360?

Just create a completely seperate profile... e.g. one not attached to your existing gamertag, that'll probably be easier especially if they aren't bothered about Live and if they are I believe you can get Xbox Live subs for multiple linked accounts but it's probably a load of hassle/easier to keep them seperate.

Note: I don't really have any experience in the above as I just use the one profile, I'm just going on what limited knowledge I have on the situation, good luck.

My xbox has loads of profiles on, but yes xbox live gold is obviously provided on a per-user basis (otherwise... we would all just share one big Live account to save money :p)

You can get the new profile a silver account though. No online gameplay, but they will be able to download demos and XBLA games etc..

Thanks Shorty & S.C.G. Like yourselves i've only used the one account up to now. You'd think a live account (Gold) would be linked to a console, oh well !! Thanks for the quick replies.

You can log in though, with your gold account, on any xbox and play online and download all your games again. Much better that way IMO :)

The COD games (and Halo, iirc) allowed you to basically 'plug' a 2nd controller in and have a friend play as a 'guest' online with you, however they would not be able to use their regular profile, nor get any achievements this way -- but it still allows split-screen online fun.

Can't remember ever doing it personally, but it's very frequent to play Modern Warfare games and see a gamertag duplicate with a (1) suffix, indicating they are a guest.

Someone hacked my Live account. I'm literally amazed. My password was down the lines of 'B0B-ha55le-L1VE', at 16 digits long and including lowercase, uppercase, numbers and symbols it should be very, very secure. I'm wondering if there's been a cock-up at Microsoft's end to be honest, because I can't see anyone actually cracking a password similar to the one above. It's either that, or someone got a key logger on to my computer :(

Maybe its cos you tell people your passwords on forums :p

In seriousness though, maybe someone you know has checked your browser passwords or something like that? Sorry to hear it though, they cause any damage?

Edited by Shorty

Not spotted any damage yet. My cards haven't been debited for anything over Live, but my mum's card is on there as well, so will need to ask her. Hopefully nothing. Thing is, my phone, PC, iPad and Xbox all use my Live account, so I know pretty damn quick when someone has changed my password, I get hit with loads of 'please enter the correct password' requests. There's a good chance I noticed before any damage could be done.

Maybe its cos you tell people your passwords on forums.

:laughing: should be pretty safe, even knowing the format there's 2.64x10^16 different possibilities. I'm not going to lose any sleep on those odds.

In seriousness though, maybe someone you know has checked your browser passwords or something like that? Sorry to hear it though, they cause any damage?

Possible. Incredibly unlikely though, only other person who has been on my computer is my brother, and that was months ago.

Do you have an EA account? Supposedly that's were all the passwords are being leaked from.

Do you have an EA account? Supposedly that's were all the passwords are being leaked from.

The Xbox Live/EA "hacking" was due to phishing.

Our very own @Mike1988uk posted his top 5 360 games of the year?

Correct :)

In all seriousness though, I'd have to put Deus Ex and Bastion instead of Sonic and Dead Space, personally.

Edited by Shorty

I got Deus Ex for Christmas, can't wait to play it! Though I love Dead Space 2... Bastion? Never even heard of it!

Bastion is a brilliant XBLA title you shouldn't miss, although you did just miss out on getting it half price. Check out the trial, anyway!

Having not played Dead Space 2 (not into the whole genre to be honest), i can only comment on the remaining 4 titles. From what i have played of Generations (via a demo and round at a mates house), it is a fine Sonic game and shows that Sega can still make them good if they put their minds to it. Arkham City, Gears and Skyrim are all worthy titles for the year indeed.

Upgraded my 60gb premium with the gears of war 320gb console today. Transfered the licence, transferred all my stuff over using the link cable & had a play. Just downloading Crysis 2 which also came with it & which is taking forever ( somebody playing modern warfare 3 online on the other xbox ain't helping lol )

Loving it so far, the size compared to the older premium, the artwork on the console & pads & most of all the extra storage space. I'm in no rush for the Xbox 720. There's plenty of life left in the 360 yet.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/next-xbox-to-include-tablet/089476

A report from consumer site Gamespot claims to have word that the new Xbox, which will be revealed at this year’s E3, will include some sort of portable tablet component.

“Given Microsoft's recent efforts at unification across its Windows, Mobile, and Xbox product lines, it seems clear that the 720 or whatever they end up calling it will be the ultimate personification of that strategy,†it says.

“There are strong signs suggesting that, like with Nintendo's Wii U, a tablet component figures heavily into the new design.â€

It goes on to speculate that the new machine will include a tablet PC, base station, a controller and some form of Kinect.

If true, the move would represent a remarkable change of direction for the games industry and, perhaps more importantly, a form of validation for Nintendo’s daring Wii U design.

And of course, with Nintendo’s Wii U seemingly quite limited in scope thanks to the need to remain near the base station at all times, the opportunity is there for Microsoft to evolve the idea further.

HMM

If the rumours are true, i hope it isn't released this year, i'll be happy. We don't want the same issues occuring with the 360 all over again, and i bet MS don't want the same issues either.

Sounds interesting though, all that choice of controls.