NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

That Star Wars console is seriously ugly. It's also absolutely awesome and I really, really want one! :D

It even makes an R2-D2 noise when you turn it on or open the disc tray. Gizmodo has a video somewhere on their site that shows it.

I wonder if it has a custom noise for when it gets the RRoD. :heh:

R2D2's scream, obviously.

It won't RROD - its got blue lights instead of the normal green and if it's anything like the other new XBox 360 Slims, red LEDs won't be included!

Although the scream would be amazing. Wild be great if it was an Easter egg for doing a certain thing to the console like removing the HDD while it was switched on or something.

It would like the major mixture of emotions, the joy of hearing you console scream out the R2 noise but then the horrow when you realise your console is broke!

Cheapest place to buy MS points online? i want the instant delivery to email kind! thanks in advance

I've used gamesbites.com a fair bit, they currently have a promo code (2100JULY) that get's you £2 off of a 2100 points card, so I just got one for £14.49 :)

Edited by gmac

Probably going to get some points tomorrow, need to purchase most of the DLC for Mass Effect 2. Just over 2000ms points for all the relevant DLC to be precise. Did beat the original game earlier, excellent game i might add.

Like the importing of my character from the 1st to the 2nd, decisions are already being layed into the 2nd title. All good so far.

Probably going to get some points tomorrow, need to purchase most of the DLC for Mass Effect 2. Just over 2000ms points for all the relevant DLC to be precise. Did beat the original game earlier, excellent game i might add.

Like the importing of my character from the 1st to the 2nd, decisions are already being layed into the 2nd title. All good so far.

The DLC was dirt cheap the other week, got me my final achievements while the offer was on.

I have replied in more detail on FB of my overview of ME2 dlc.

The DLC was dirt cheap the other week, got me my final achievements while the offer was on.

Yeah they were, you missed out there Jimbob! I think i bought them cheaper when they went cheap around xmas time last year.

Yeah they were, you missed out there Jimbob! I think i bought them cheaper when they went cheap around xmas time last year.

Aye, i did a bit. Pity i didn't have the monies to purchase points then, or i would have pre-prepared myself.

Still, cheers for the DLC advice Mike. Downloading much of it now for laters.

New dashboard details leaked:

Microsoft is busy preparing for a brand new Xbox dashboard that will be available by the end of the year.

One YouTube user, iTzLuPo, has posted a video and demo of the various new features in the dashboard. The video steps through a number of screenshots from the dashboard and promises Skype integration. The Skype support will appear in the dashboard according to the YouTuber who mods the Xbox 360 system. Skype will allow for calling Xbox LIVE friends and Xbox parties. Microsoft recently referenced Skype Xbox support in an online survey.

The YouTube video also shows off a new “discoverable” option in the dashboard settings. Microsoft describes the option as “change your settings to allow companion devices to discover your Xbox.” It’s not immediately clear how the feature will work but it could explain recent references to Xbox in the Windows 8 kernel. Microsoft confirmed that the company plans to build Xbox LIVE into the PC and into Windows 8. Mike Delman, Microsoft’s vice president of global marketing in the interactive entertainment business unit, revealed the company’s plans in an interview in June. Several strings referencing the Xbox 360 inside the Windows 8 kernel were discovered recently. “XBOX_360_SYSTEM_CRASH” and “XBOX_360_SYSTEM_CRASH_RESERVED” are present in ntoskrnl.exe, part of the Windows NT kernel. The strings hint at Windows 8 being a “companion device” for the Xbox.

The new user interface borrows key elements from Microsoft’s Windows Phone 7 and Windows 8 user interfaces. The Xbox dashboard now features live tiles in the same way that Windows Phone 7 and Windows 8 do. The interface uses Microsoft’s much talked about Metro UI standard across the whole dashboard. The company has also integrated Kinect and Bing into the core of Xbox to allow Kinect owners to control every part of their Xbox 360 with voice or gestures.

Microsoft is expected to release the new dashboard in September or October.

Don't like it but nice to see it. Thanks for posting. :hehe:

Also don't like the guys voice - sounds like he doesn't take a breath whilst he's talking.

Found myself breathing for him haha.

It's hard to get a good idea from it, it's clearly far from finished. It's all in line with Microsoft's new style for Zune, Windows Mobile 7 and Windows 8.

Wasn't most of that revealed at E3? (apart from maybe the discoverable feature)

To be honest the E3 video shown it in better detail if i remember correctly, as to how it looked browsing through the menu's etc.

Edit: Or maybe not. Just watched a bit of the E3 vid and that was just really showing off the kinect features for it but did mention some of the other stuff. This was what i was thinking :

Edited by Mike1988uk

Haha, and I'm only just starting to get used to the current dashboard. :sad:

Hopefully they will add the section where you can view all new marketplace stuff back in.

Wonder if they'll incorporate dashboard themes into this. Otherwise there will be a lot of wasted themes out there.

Microsoft rep came in to my store yesterday to play the Gears of War LE console sounds for when you turn the 360 on an open the tray. Slightly disappointed that there isn't a chainsaw sound but instead the GoW "tone" if you will when you turn it on, and the multiplayer alert noise when you open the tray. It actually works really well :D

Competition between the Star Wars and Gears consoles, both sound equally as good as each other.

Listen, I just got back from the UK and I brought back my original copy of Morrowind GOTY Edition with me...

...hypothetical question:

If someone had bought a chipped Hong Kong 360 in China without a HDD, how would one go about getting that hypothetically illegally modified console to play his Favourite Game of All Time? considering also the potential fact that he has an Arcade console and no Live account.

Sadly, he couldn't bring back the original Xbox with him due to power issues and the disappearance of all the cables somewhere in his parents loft...

Listen, I just got back from the UK and I brought back my original copy of Morrowind GOTY Edition with me...

...hypothetical question:

If someone had bought a chipped Hong Kong 360 in China without a HDD, how would one go about getting that hypothetically illegally modified console to play his Favourite Game of All Time? considering also the potential fact that he has an Arcade console and no Live account.

Sadly, he couldn't bring back the original Xbox with him due to power issues and the disappearance of all the cables somewhere in his parents loft...

You need an update from Xbox Live in order to play the game.

You need an update from Xbox Live in order to play the game.

Yes, that much I had gathered. However, no Kive, no update. Is there any way around that?