NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Top Spin 2 = no idea, but the DS version is fucking bull shit.

Top Spin 2 is excellent, it's got some bad loading times but apart from that plays the best game of tennis seen to date. Career mode is mammoth too, easily clocking in at 50+ hours of gameplay, then there's the multiplayer which is excellent.

I'd recommend it over both Burnout and Tomb Raider.

i was on my 360 today and checked live and it said it will be down till 11pm GMT, not 1. i also got some vouchers for HMV a fiver off a 360 game in store or any game worth £34.99 or more, i wonder if can use use these at the same time. ive got kameo and lara croft after GRAW so i dont think ill be getting a ny more games for a while

stevkov: im pretty sure they wont let you use more than at per game.

cheers rokhed00, i got top spin 2, played a couple of exhibiton matches and it seems pretty good. but i have a problem, the game needs your tv to be set at 60Hz and i know my tv does support this as its a new-ish LCD tv and it doesnt flicker when i play my gamecube, but i changed the 360 to display PAL-60 and since then my dashboard and any other game i try to play is all fuzzy, its playable and all, just not as sharp as it should be. does any know what the problem is or anyone have a suggestion? thanks (for the millionth time) :confused:

stevkov: im pretty sure they wont let you use more than at per game.

cheers rokhed00, i got top spin 2, played a couple of exhibiton matches and it seems pretty good. but i have a problem, the game needs your tv to be set at 60Hz and i know my tv does support this as its a new-ish LCD tv and it doesnt flicker when i play my gamecube, but i changed the 360 to display PAL-60 and since then my dashboard and any other game i try to play is all fuzzy, its playable and all, just not as sharp as it should be. does any know what the problem is or anyone have a suggestion? thanks (for the millionth time) :confused:

Can't help you there, I've never had any problems with display modes on the 360, and my TV is pretty old and shit. Probably something to do with it being LCD though, as I've heard about people having slight problems with them. CRT is where it's at really.

LCD's run default at 60hz, its strange that you're having problems with one like that.

Perhaps try a different cable? Or run it through a scart?

I've just purchased a VGA cable to use with my pc monitor. does anyone know what resolution setting i should use?

From Major Nelson:

May 2, 2006

Xbox Live Invites All Global Gamers to Jump In to the E3 experience

For the first time ever, Xbox brings E3 – the biggest video game event of the year – to the people, by inviting the world to engage in the full Xbox Live experience free for an entire week. From 12:01am PDT Monday May 8 –11:59pm PDT Sunday May 14, connected gamers can access the best of E3 content, including the first-ever Gears of War high-definition game trailer on Xbox Live Marketplace, the playable demo of Capcom’s Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, and Game with Fame multiplayer sessions live from the floor with celebrities like Dave Navarro (Panic Channel), Method Man and Jenny McCarthy.

During E3 week, Xbox 360 fans will be able to download game demos and trailers from the hottest E3 titles and experience them in high definition. Over 60 pieces of new downloadable content will be available to gamers this week including:

* Playable game demos and/or trailers from highly anticipated titles like:

o Crackdown (Microsoft Game Studios)

o Dead or Alive® : Xtreme 2 (Tecmo)

o The Lord of the Rings ™, The Battle for Middle Earth™ II (EA Los Angeles)

o Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (Capcom)

o Moto GP™ ’06 (THQ)

o Sonic the Hedgehog™ (Sega)

o Splinter Cell Double Agent ™ (Ubisoft)

o Test Drive Unlimited (Atari)

o Viva Piñata (Microsoft Game Studios)

o Plus a flood of HD trailers from games that have yet to be announced

* Call of Duty®2 – New Multiplayer Map Packs (Activision)

* The release of UNO on Xbox Live Arcade

* Game with Fame celebrity gaming sessions with stars like Jenny McCarthy, Method Man and Panic Channel (Featuring Dave Navarro, Stephen Perkins, Chris Chaney and Steve Isaacs).

* Play and Win contests with the latest Xbox 360 and Xbox Live Arcade titles

* Exclusive high-definition blockbuster movie trailer downloads

* Limited edition E3 Gamerpics and Themes

* A Backstage Pass to see developers preparing for E3

Verizon rewards gamers in the U.S.

Building on the success of the Xbox Live Free Gold Weekend partnership, Verizon will be presenting gamers in the U.S. with a free full week of Xbox Live Gold access and sponsoring the Xbox.com E3 coverage for the week. In addition to this, Verizon will be sponsoring the giving away of a million Microsoft points. For more information about the week long programming and giveaway, US gamers should check out http://www.xbox.com/e32006 and http://www.richerdeeperbroader.com/xbox/.

European football fans getting a boost from adidas

As well as bringing E3 right into their homes, soccer loving Xbox 360 owners in Europe can also take advantage of the Xbox Live™ Football Free-For-All, sponsored by adidas, taking place at the same time. This is a week-long schedule of activities on Xbox Live that celebrates all things football in a non-stop, connected world – gamers in European countries should check out http://www.Xbox.com for more details.

Stay tuned to the Xbox Live Calendar pages on Xbox.com for more information on the schedule of events taking place during “E3 Bringing It Home” week. Sign up for Xbox Live and Bring E3 Home on your Xbox 360, because remember, membership does have its privileges!

Awwwww... i was about to post that Colin.

However, theres a problem with that press release given out.

Its DoA: Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2 :)

I've just purchased a VGA cable to use with my pc monitor. does anyone know what resolution setting i should use?

Highest possible.

Simple as.

From Major Nelson:

May 2, 2006

Xbox Live Invites All Global Gamers to Jump In to the E3 experience

For the first time ever, Xbox brings E3 – the biggest video game event of the year – to the people, by inviting the world to engage in the full Xbox Live experience free for an entire week. From 12:01am PDT Monday May 8 –11:59pm PDT Sunday May 14, connected gamers can access the best of E3 content, including the first-ever Gears of War high-definition game trailer on Xbox Live Marketplace, the playable demo of Capcom’s Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, and Game with Fame multiplayer sessions live from the floor with celebrities like Dave Navarro (Panic Channel), Method Man and Jenny McCarthy.

During E3 week, Xbox 360 fans will be able to download game demos and trailers from the hottest E3 titles and experience them in high definition. Over 60 pieces of new downloadable content will be available to gamers this week including:

* Playable game demos and/or trailers from highly anticipated titles like:

o Crackdown (Microsoft Game Studios)

o Dead or Alive® : Xtreme 2 (Tecmo)

o The Lord of the Rings â„¢, The Battle for Middle Earthâ„¢ II (EA Los Angeles)

o Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (Capcom)

o Moto GP™ ’06 (THQ)

o Sonic the Hedgehogâ„¢ (Sega)

o Splinter Cell Double Agent â„¢ (Ubisoft)

o Test Drive Unlimited (Atari)

o Viva Piñata (Microsoft Game Studios)

o Plus a flood of HD trailers from games that have yet to be announced

* Call of Duty®2 – New Multiplayer Map Packs (Activision)

* The release of UNO on Xbox Live Arcade

* Game with Fame celebrity gaming sessions with stars like Jenny McCarthy, Method Man and Panic Channel (Featuring Dave Navarro, Stephen Perkins, Chris Chaney and Steve Isaacs).

* Play and Win contests with the latest Xbox 360 and Xbox Live Arcade titles

* Exclusive high-definition blockbuster movie trailer downloads

* Limited edition E3 Gamerpics and Themes

* A Backstage Pass to see developers preparing for E3

Verizon rewards gamers in the U.S.

Building on the success of the Xbox Live Free Gold Weekend partnership, Verizon will be presenting gamers in the U.S. with a free full week of Xbox Live Gold access and sponsoring the Xbox.com E3 coverage for the week. In addition to this, Verizon will be sponsoring the giving away of a million Microsoft points. For more information about the week long programming and giveaway, US gamers should check out http://www.xbox.com/e32006 and http://www.richerdeeperbroader.com/xbox/.

European football fans getting a boost from adidas

As well as bringing E3 right into their homes, soccer loving Xbox 360 owners in Europe can also take advantage of the Xbox Live™ Football Free-For-All, sponsored by adidas, taking place at the same time. This is a week-long schedule of activities on Xbox Live that celebrates all things football in a non-stop, connected world – gamers in European countries should check out http://www.Xbox.com for more details.

Stay tuned to the Xbox Live Calendar pages on Xbox.com for more information on the schedule of events taking place during “E3 Bringing It Home†week. Sign up for Xbox Live and Bring E3 Home on your Xbox 360, because remember, membership does have its privileges!

Oh shizzle. E3 is like Christmas.

Is xbox live down for anyone else atm? I can't get on either on my xbox or my pc?!

Is xbox live down for anyone else atm? I can't get on either on my xbox or my pc?!
XBL will be down at 1PM till 1AM tonight.

That is all.

Down for pre-E3 maintenance.! OLOL

WAT DA HELL GUYZ. WAT IS GOIN ON??/ I JUST LOGGED ON2 MY 360 AND ITZ GIVIN ME CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMZ. WAT THE FUK IS HAPPENIN WID XBOX LIVE MAN ITZ P!SSIN ME OFF MAN.

As i predicted, XBOX.com to XBOX Live messaging is now on.

Fuuun.

As i predicted, XBOX.com to XBOX Live messaging is now on.

Fuuun.

Is that the reason for the downtime?

Indeed, that and apparently adding more bandwidth for E3.

Heard of a band called 'The Fray'? I've not either.

Anyway, they're the Xbox Live artist of the month for May and there's a video of 'Over My Head' available on the Marketplace.

People have been discussing TV's, monitors and the like I have a question.

Bascially I have been running mine through my almost twenty year old Sony CRT TV and while its shit, it does have 60Hz. I realise it's time to upgrade but I know for a fact that I wont be able to for a month or two. I have a strange problem however. Games will only display properly when I have the console set to PAL-60 and DVDs only when set to PAL-50. What the fuck is that all about?

Secondly, the demo pods have a High Def screen, anyone know what make/model these are and where they are sold?

Thanks guys...

Just read this at Xboxyde from 360 dev Deftangel re: the update, take with a grain of salt

"Oh and by the way, although the Spring Dashboard update isn't going up right now, I don't expect it to be very long in the works...

It definitely has background downloading, and it's quite tidily done IMO.

Also remember a lot of people asking Major Nelson why you couldn't set your 360 to boot straight to dash when a game was in? Well now you can :-)

You'll also be able to keep your own music playing when changing games.

Lots of other tweaks they've made to the Dash and the Guide by the sounds of it :-) It makes sense to get this out by next week for E3 obviously but as we go on, the longer it takes to release Dash updates as there's simply more stuff to test, not least for anybody releasing any games between now and when it ships. Watch this space :D"

Sounds good, hope it happens before E3

Secondly, the demo pods have a High Def screen, anyone know what make/model these are and where they are sold?

They're the Samsung models. Don't know the exact model numbers but there are LOADS of higher quality HD-TVs out there for around the same price. If you're really strapped for cash, then the Samsung ones will do but, seriously, look around. I tried a Samsung and a Panasonic and the Panasonic blew it out of the water as far as the picture quality went.