NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I just tried... now says costs 200ms points, oh well. Dam being in work!

Could you have visited the XBL website in work?.

No. Not a chance.

This is why I like being in charge of all the internet/computers at work.

This is why I like being in charge of all the internet/computers at work.

Ha, i'm sure that does have it's advantages! ;)

I'm at work right now :blank:

Likewise...

in fact I spend more time on these forums / internet at work than I do at home in my free time / weekend time.

Love being in IT department.

Didn't want to create a new thread and the old one was created by Choze so I'll post it here.

Does anybody here play Medal of Honor? If so add me: Greveson.

by jove its only a few weeks until that avatar poker game comes out looks like will be good fun with friends etc

1kG'd Lego Batman today - had great fun playing it. Moved onto Pure now. I such at racing games but this one's quite fun!

In what context? Like, most units EVAR or just speediest to reach a point or... what? It always confuses me what it means, and there's no figures there to verify anything.

Currently playing Alone in the Dark for the G's. Sometimes I really see this for the gem it tried to be -- but then very quickly it reminds me just why it's shit.

Currently just climbed up a cliff (only died 6 times) and pulled myself up a rope into a subway station, where four regular enemies and three bastard-enemies spawn. The enemies in this game generally require fire to finish them off, but you can render some unconscious if you have a large enough melee weapon meet their face enough times.

However, combined with having no additional weapons or firepower beyond my pistol (magnum whatever) I also have no first aid sprays. I die after 3 hits. I may cry.

The controls killed any enjoyment I could have got out of that game.

I had to skip part of the demo because I couldn't figure out the button to smash a door with a fire extinguisher.

Currently playing Alone in the Dark for the G's. Sometimes I really see this for the gem it tried to be -- but then very quickly it reminds me just why it's shit.

This game is one of those games whose glitches and design are the stuff of legends.

I watched a friend (playing it on the PC) be stuck in a perpetual motion of trying to fill a bottle with gasoline because he accidentally stabbed a hole in the bottle he was using to fill with gas, dunno if it was before or while filling it.

He pressed every button on the keyboard and nothing worked, had to crash the game and lose 30 minutes of gameplay.

In his defense, the button scheme in the PC version is down right retarded, it was so poorly ported that when you get instructions on what button does what it shows you a control scheme based on a Xbox 360 controller, not a PC keyboard.

Finished Alone in the Dark (with 1000G) yesterday. Very, very mixed bag of a game. It's similar to Alan Wake and The Darkness, partly for the whole light-vs-dark mechanic but also because you're effectively playing a movie. AitD tries too hard to have combat in the game when its puzzles are its strong point. It encompasses a fair few genres, effectively becoming a fairly linear sandbox game that doesn't truly open up 'til nearly the end of the game, and even then you quickly realise there's little scope to the game; drive over there, search for ammo/explosive bottles, kill those guys, blow that thing up, get back in the car and drive over there. There was an opportunity here to present the player with some more thought-out areas of the map. Rather than devising a minutae of a puzzle for each Root, they should've reduced the combat element and figured in some proper puzzles. The end of the game had some interesting ones! Similarly, the start of the game seems to focus on the climbing element, which again I felt was greatly underused.

To compensate for the relatively short length of the game they seemed to ramp up the difficulty and drag down the AI tolerance of errors; there was typically little to no leeway given - the car sequence in chapter 2 is a great example of this. The game offers you the ability to skip forwards in the sequence, which is a cop-out excuse. The controls are hard to get into but do become familiar as the game continues - especially knowing when to press the Y button to switch back to 1st person mode after the game takes you out of it again.

So yeah. 6/10, really. The length of the game means that you won't be grimacing for too long. Definitely not the worst game by a fair stretch, just demanding and uncompromising. Having said that, it's a relatively easy 1000/1000.

Condemned 2 may be next! I see it has a multiplayer element to it, so if anyone wants to boost to get their Condemned 2 online achievements let me know! :P

Sounds like somebody's buying shit games for an easy 1000G

My XBL is expiring next month and due to O2's megafail, I've spent nearly a month of my last subscription being unable to make use of it ¬_¬ never thought I'd miss online gaming this much, but as soon as it's taken away I want to play some AC:Brotherhood, MW2, Black Ops and download some XBLA titles. Need internets!

Always looking for players for Brotherhood, well decent players anyway.

Cheers mundi - I'll give you a holla if I see us both online. I don't have a mic at the moment, so it'll be all awkward and stuff :P

And shorty - I consider the 1000G for AitD to be a badge to show how resilient and patient I am ;)

And shorty - I consider the 1000G for AitD to be a badge to show how resilient and patient I am ;)

It is indeed an easy 1000 but didn't you find it very frustrating? Some of the roots were in stupid places which required you to go back and forth and then the controls...THE CONTROLS!!!!:mad: I was glad once it was over. :D

Which ending did you go with first?

So, Crackdown! Anyone for Crackdown? I recently got Crackdown 2 for free so would rather play that but I love the idea of both the games. Let's multiplayer it up. Tomorrow (Sunday). Who's up for it?