NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Oh it ain't easy. The opposite in fact, I was almost constantly out of ammo until I managed to afford the Rock-It Launcher. Now I'm just out-gunned. I might just start again. I tired to balance stats across a number of different skills, but now I'm thinking going all-in on combat would have been more sensible?

Edited by McPhee

My character was mainly all about science/lockpick/speech, so fights were constantly difficult. Combat and repair-focus may be a smart thing to do.

Oh, but tbh don't start again! You'll be more inclined to give up altogether, I'd've thought.

Got Costume Quest Yesterday, played 5 minutes of it..It's amazing, I think i'm going to enjoy it a hell of a lot.

I loved costume quest. The DLC just came out the other day, but I'm on holiday away from my Xbox so I can't get the DLC yet :(.

MS have a 12 days of savings thing going on at the moment, some bargains to be had I'm thinking, picked up RDR Undead Nightmare for 600 MS points earlier.

I saw those offers today and was 'slightly miffed' because I have them all, then I remembered that most of them have been out for absolutely ages though so it doesn't really make the slightest bit of difference. :heh:

I would recommend that anyone who doesn't have any of those Sonic games pick them up at that price though.

I just made Rainbow Six Vegas 2 my bitch.

I started playing it through on the medium difficulty but got stuck and died in the same spot about 30 times. So yesterday I decided I would go onto realistic and to my amazement I sailed past the dreaded spot and have just now completed it.

God knows how I did it. Although the act where you're on you're on (the bit I got stuck on and subsequently hated), turned out to be most excellent when I really got into my stealth, brilliant game, if a little frustrating!

I just made Rainbow Six Vegas 2 my bitch.

I started playing it through on the medium difficulty but got stuck and died in the same spot about 30 times. So yesterday I decided I would go onto realistic and to my amazement I sailed past the dreaded spot and have just now completed it.

God knows how I did it. Although the act where you're on you're on (the bit I got stuck on and subsequently hated), turned out to be most excellent when I really got into my stealth, brilliant game, if a little frustrating!

It is a great game to play. Love the multi-player, i just don't see many peeps online. It always seems to be me and a mate or two really.

It is a great game to play. Love the multi-player, i just don't see many peeps online. It always seems to be me and a mate or two really.

I played the hell out of it when it first got released. I agree the multiplayer is fantastic and Villa is still one of my favourite multiplayer maps of any game.

I played the hell out of it when it first got released. I agree the multiplayer is fantastic and Villa is still one of my favourite multiplayer maps of any game.

That happens to be one of my favourite maps as well. I also recently discovered a new map, Comcast Event. Only found out about it via the Extras menu.

Owners of Microsoft's Xbox gaming console have blamed its new Kinect hands-free controller of causing their consoles to fail.

Console owners told the BBC that their machines crashed shortly after plugging in Kinect.

Kinect allows gamers to control onscreen action with body movements.

Microsoft has denied any link between Kinect and the three flashing light error signal, known as the "red ring of death".

Ten-year old Adam Winnifrith told BBC Radio 4's You and Yours he had only used his Xbox with the Kinect a couple of times before it failed.

Warning signals

"We plugged it in the day we got it but only played it a few times before we got the red lights. The next day when we tried it again we still had the red rings of death and haven't been able to use it since."

It is quite a shame as we got loads of new games for the Xbox too and I never had a chance to play them."

Adam's father James bought the Kinect for Adam and his four-year-old and eight-year-old brothers. Unfortunately for the Winnifrith family the warranty on their Xbox expired on 16 December, 2010.

"It's very disappointing. We were planning to have a big New Year's Day party with karaoke microphones and a Take That competition. But now the Xbox is just sitting idle," he said.

He says he is planning to ask Microsoft if they would consider fixing it as it is only just out of warranty.

Online gaming forums have also been buzzing with accounts of consoles showing the Red Ring of Death shortly after plugging in Kinects.

"I have never had a single issue with my Xbox. i got Kinect for Christmas and the screen starting freezing randomly. Then on New Year's eve... BAM I got the red ring. Very sad," read one.

"Yep, I got the Red rings of death on Christmas day The very same day my kids got a Kinect," read another.

Microsoft said the Kinect had been "designed to work with every Xbox 360 sold to date."

"There is no correlation between the three flashing red lights error and Kinect. Any new instances of the three flashing red lights error are merely coincidental," it added.

Microsoft sold more than 2.5 million of the devices in its first month on sale.

Source - BBC News

Source - BBC News

Watchdog/Panorama special incoming!

LOL at the news story. It's like when alot of people get the RROD when a new game comes out and everyone starts claiming that one game is to blame.

Microsoft announced today that they have sold quite a few of these 360 killers aswell as a few other random figures.

Microsoft has offloaded a monstrous eight million Kinect units in the motion-sensing peripheral's first 60 days on sale.

The platform holder's proud CEO Steve Ballmer made the announcement during his keynote address at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.

The 2010 tally is well above the already ambitious target of five million sales that it set itself back in November.

Ballmer also announced that 50 million Xbox 360s have now been sold worldwide – that's double the total that the original Xbox managed.

Not only that, but there are now apparently 30 million active Xbox Live members, with another signing up every two seconds.

They also announced their next XBLA event.

Microsoft has announced their next Xbox Live Arcade event, House Party, will kick off on February 16th with the Contra prequel "Hard Corps: Uprising," running for five weeks total with the following lineup:

•Hard Corps Uprising (February 16th): Thrilling retro run-and-gun action is back with a vengeance in"Hard Corps: Uprising," a new 2D side scroller developed by ARC System Works that pays homage to classic Konami action series. Play as the soldier Bahamut as he begins to write his legend in this prequel to"Contra: Hard Corps."

•Full House Poker: In the world's capital for card playing, Microsoft is unveiling "Full House Poker." Compete against your Xbox LIVE friends on Xbox 360 and build your bank roll on the go with a companion game on Windows Phone 7. Play a quick two-player game for some lightning action, join a big 30-player tournament, or play a round of Texas Heat, our live poker game show where you play with thousands of players worldwide and have 30 minutes to bluff, bet, and raise your way to the final table!

•Bejeweled Blitz Live: Take on friends in the brilliant gem-matching action of Bejeweled Blitz Live! Choose your favorite playing style -- Classic or Twist -- and rocket up the leaderboards! Battle your way to the top in the all-new 16-player Party mode over Xbox LIVE.

•Beyond Good & Evil HD: Now you can experience the thrill of the fan-favorite"Beyond Good & Evil" on Xbox LIVE in full HD. Enter the futuristic world of year 2435, a world full of deception, where nothing is as it seems and exposing the truth is the only hope of restoring freedom. Play as action-reporter Jade and capture the truth using stealth, force, and wits against a government that deceived you in this action-adventure game with elements of puzzle-solving and stealth-based games.

•Torchlight: A highly-regarded PC game with over 800,000 units sold to date,"Torchlight" is now coming to Xbox LIVE! Combat is more exciting with revamped controls and mechanics, new armor and quests! There's even an exclusive new pet for your character. Send a select goodie or two to your friends on LIVE to share the fun for the first time.

Lastly they showed Avatar Kinect, which TBH, sounds pants.

At this evening’s Microsoft Keynote at the Consumer Electronic Show in Las Vegas, Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO, unveiled the recently rumoured Avatar Kinect, which will be available this spring and will be free for all Xbox Live Gold members.

Avatar Kinect seems to be taking Kinect to a new level, and Ballmer’s Avatar took the stage to show off the software’s ability to track facial expressions and such; including the movement of his mouth when he spoke; the ability to track smiles and laughs; and it even tracked the movement of the eyebrows.

Microsoft then proceeded to show off a short trailer of the software in action, showing various groups of Avatars sat in circles, chatting sports and what not. Avatar Kinect has a variety of sets, 15 to be precise, that include chat show style backdrops and various outside environments, where your Avatars can gather and chat.

Avatar Kinect not only lets you create a chat show of sorts with your friends and their Avatars, but the software will have the ability to record the action and then you can even share it online – with the trailer showing an upload to Facebook feature.

I don't get Avatar Kinect. Kinect already has video chat, which sounds way better.

Nah first they'll cover the fact that Nintendo admitted that the 3DS could cause possible eye damage..

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/114/1142304p1.html

:p

And they'll likely completely miss that:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-hand-held-3d-gaming-devices-may-help-uncover-undiagnosed-vision-problems-112955424.html

The American Optometric Association say differently. They say that there is no evidence of harmful effects and that the 3DS will help to spot undiagnosed vision problems in kids.

And they'll likely completely miss that:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-hand-held-3d-gaming-devices-may-help-uncover-undiagnosed-vision-problems-112955424.html

The American Optometric Association say differently. They say that there is no evidence of harmful effects and that the 3DS will help to spot undiagnosed vision problems in kids.

Well, I was unaware of that!

I tried torchlight on the PC, I don't understand the fuss. It was the definition of generic RPG.

next month on XBLA:

The HD update of Beyond Good & Evil will be part of the Xbox Live Arcade House Party series this spring, alongside Hard Corps: Rising and Torchlight.

I tried torchlight on the PC, I don't understand the fuss. It was the definition of generic RPG.

Nah, that game was Zen. Perfect zone out game. I would emerge after 4 hour sessions which seemed more like half an hour. It could have done with Co-op though

Didn't want to post this in the main game thread as I've done well enough to avoid all spoilers about the game so far.

A question about Hardcore mode on Fallout: New Vegas. At what numbers should I begin to get worried about my character? I've only played for like 30 mins so far and I have obviously not seen any negative effects yet. Is there one thing in particular I should keep an eye on out of water, food, sleep?

PC Gamer has a spoiler-free guide on how to survive hardcore mode.

If you don't want to read it, basically just eat or drink something when you get a notice about suffering from minor starvation/dehydration, and you only need a couple of hours of sleep per day.