NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Actually I need to play through Crackdown as I only played about 4 hours of it. Perhaps this calls for a major xbl co-op sesh?

Dyson; MAKE IT SO! Shorty; SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS. Your birfdai/xmarse can be sorted with this game? :P

Actually a pretty awesome-mcbeans idea. But I have so many games to play and so few evenings to spare.... I'll agree if Dyson is seriously up for it?

I'd love to. I'll happily move my 360 back upstairs and we can definitely do this, it's just sitting there not doing anything at the moment.

I just ordered online a 250GB hard drive for my 360, since I ran out of space in my 20GB hard drive a long time ago.

For those who upgraded their discs, I was wondering if you could give me a few tips on how to perform the switch without any problems.

A few doubts I have:

-my content is "fragmented" between my 20GB hard drive and a USB 16GB pen drive; I know the kit is supposed to copy the content from the old hard drive to the new one, but what about the content from the USB pen drive, will it copy it at the same time, will I have to copy it afterwards, ...?

-I heard something about "transferring the licenses" from one hard drive to another; I have a few games that were removed from the service, will they cause me any problems?

-what is the data that the transfer kit doesn't copy from one disc to another?

I'm pretty certain the transfer kit will only transfer your HDD stuff over, you'll have to transfer your stuff from your pen drive separately I'd assume.

The licenses stuff is fairly simple. You do all that stuff through the website, but the transfer kit SHOULD transfer licenses over I'd think...

If your transfer kit doesn't transfer the licenses over then you just have to go on Xbox.com and go through their thing. It should only take a few minutes (when I was transferring licenses the website was being updated at the time... so it was kinda broken.)

It's all fairly easy though.

You will have to do the USB stuff separatly, the Transfer kit only does HDD to HDD. It transfers some licenses over, but not all. You will have to go on the XBox site and transfer them over manually. Only trouble is, you can only transfer 30 over at a time. And only once per year, so choose wisely which 30 you want.

I was reading some more info online, and I read on Microsoft's website that the licenses are attached to gamertag and console, and not hard drive.

In my case, I'm still using the same console, the only thing I'm changing is the hard drive. Do I still need to transfer licenses?

I was reading some more info online, and I read on Microsoft's website that the licenses are attached to gamertag and console, and not hard drive.

In my case, I'm still using the same console, the only thing I'm changing is the hard drive. Do I still need to transfer licenses?

Yes, you still need to transfer licenses. I had to with some XBLA games and DLC, some of which i had been unable to play for a year or so because i changed HDD with the kit, and the licenses didn't transfer over.

Got a question for the more tech minded 360 owners out there.

Does anyone know if the new dashboard is native 1080p? Or is it 720p upscaled like the previous one was?

Far as I can tell it's still upscaled, although obviously native 1080p content — the odd game, movies — will display properly.

If you're signed into xbox live with the same account they will work. But as soon as you go offline they will stop working. Unless you transfer the licenses over then they will work all the time.

I've gone a few HDDs, I've never had a problem with content either online or offline and I haven't transferred licenses.

When did the support for using your ipod through the xbox dissapear.

I believe it was around the same time that Apple stopped iPods from acting like USB flash drives.

Edit: Just got my iPod out to test it (it's a 1st Gen Nano) and the 360 can play the music on it. It's something Apple have done in newer models or an update that is stopping the 360 play the music.

Edited by Cube

Got a question for the more tech minded 360 owners out there.

Does anyone know if the new dashboard is native 1080p? Or is it 720p upscaled like the previous one was?

I hadn't really given it any thought, it looks good on my TV regardless. However, now I'm looking more closely I'd wager it's still 720p scaled up to 1080p. It's missing that overall sharpness that I see on Blu-Ray disks.

I've been quite disappointed by the latest dashboard update tbh. I was expecting Zune, Facebook, Twitter etc. to be fully integrated in to the dashboard instead of being separate programs. Would be wicked to be able to play Zune Music tracks while playing a game. Hopefully it'll be in next year's update along with Zune Marketplace (i.e. apps), a web browser and IPTV (I can dream lol).

Just finished Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

Great game. Absolutely terrible ending. The beginning of the last boss is cool. Then you realise the Railgun you just earned can kill him in about 4 shots. Then you're 'treated' to a crappy, anti-climatic storyboard, posing as a final cutscene. Feels like they ran out of time and money and just... ended it.

Just picked up a copy of Splinter Cell Conviction cheap from play.com. When these pesky exams are over I am going to slob out and play this/Episodes from Liberty city, which I really need to get back into.

shat myself earlier on thought had prob with xbox came on with red circle :S all ok now

got sims 3 today really good so far havent played a sims game since sims 1 bout 10 years ago. Sooo addictive

got sims 3 today really good so far havent played a sims game since sims 1 bout 10 years ago. Sooo addictive

Thats why i don't play sims. I can lose days on that game.

dont know what it is about it i havent even played black ops since i got it which says alot really as im generally a cod freak lol

is it weird that i havent hardly played crazy taxi just because theres no offspring lol

is it weird that i havent hardly played crazy taxi just because theres no offspring lol

Not at all. It's the one of the reasons why I never picked it up. Of course you could just install an Offspring CD on to your 360 and have it playing while you play the game. :D

I snapped up South Park yesterday due to it being part of Deal of the Week, love it! I'm not usually a fan of tower defense games but everything just seems more fun and casual with this. Plus, I got me a Cartman hat and Kenny outfit as avatar rewards. :yay:

Picked up Fallout 3 this week. I'm not sure if I'm missing something or not, but it feels very 'meh'. Even after two years it's still buggy/glitchy with performance issues, the story ain't really grabbing me (not far in tho, just left Vault 112), the gunplay doesn't really stand up to today's shooters and the weapons feel crap. It has given me a desire to go out and buy Borderlands again though, a game which I enjoyed far more than this one on account of the co-op, awesome guns, awesome gunplay and vehicles (no trekking across sparse landscape for 15 minutes to get to the objective!).

Edited by McPhee

I think it's a "you had to be there" experience with the game, going in with no idea what you were facing. Wouldn't surprise me if newcomers, after all the hype, are a little let down.

However, I racked up well over 80 hours on the game, the first 20 were annoying as hell as I was really struggling. I'd wandered off, barely having touched the main missions, and was constantly outnumbered, outgunned and outequipped, (and I was all outta guile). All that trekking across the plains is how you stumble upon hidden gems and missions.

If you're finding it too easy then ramp up the difficulty. You're supposed to be struggling to survive!