NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

No idea, my disc drive has been a pain since I played it, but I don't know if they'd be connected, never found out.

Does anybody know the best place to get xbl membership codes? I was looking on amazon but seems they send it out to you, but I'd rather get emailed the code..

I think I posted about XLB recently and some people seemed to talk about those simple sites you get if you just google for the codes. Let me see if I find it.

http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28012

Quote in there from Aimless;

You best bet is buying 12/13 month codes online. You can easily find them for around £25-30 from websites like Maximus Cards; can't vouch for them myself, just seen other people recommend them.

Unfortunately they aren't as cheap as they used to be on account of US Gold prices going up. This site is the cheapest I could find on short notice, although once again I haven't used them personally.

Unfortunately they aren't as cheap as they used to be on account of US Gold prices going up. This site is the cheapest I could find on short notice, although once again I haven't used them personally.

Shopto.net are currently doing them cheaper, although I imagine they send them via post?

They sell instant and physical varieties; it'll specify which you're looking at in the product name. That said if you ordered a boxed code before 5:30PM you should have it tomorrow anyway.

Naturally their website has just gone down for maintenance, though.

If you're still after some live, I might have some to sell later in the week. Need to try and locate an item in my room, though :p It'll go up in trades/etc forum if I dooo.

EDIT: Indeed I am. Check out Private/Bargain Trades!

Edited by Rummy

Naruto: Ninja Storm 2 arrived this morning and it's great, im enjoying it more than Broken Bonds. I've mainly been fooling around with the single player mode but I had a quick fight online.

I decided to make a team consisting of Neji, Guy and Rock Lee ( who needs Tenten :D ) and fought a person who had Kakashi, Naruto and Neji. He gave me a thrashing at the start of the match but somehow I pulled it back. I kept calling in Guy for his Dynamic Entry and then followed it up with Rock Lee's Leaf Hurricane. The guy kept trying to hit me with Naruto's Rasengan attack but Neji was too fast and I kept dodging it.

The single player mode doesn't have the freedom that Broken Bonds did, as the village is set out in a linear fashion. I welcome this change as it keeps things straight forward and hopefully they I won't have to look around for 1000 odd coins this time. :p

For those interested the CE has now surfaced over at Gameplay.

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/xbox-360/naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm-2-collectors-edition/_/XT2118/productpage.html

The Ultimate series has really always been more of a fighting game with exploration dotted in between, whilst the Ubisoft games leaned more towards the RPG side.

I got the game yesterday but have been so busy, I've only had chance to play for about 30 mins. It seems great fun though.

I'm really annoyed that special edition has surfaced, and only about £5 more than I paid :(

Super Meat Boy (800) and Costume Quest (1200) should be out today on XBLA!

Guys I have some n00bical questions about the X360. I'm looking to get a Slim soon and obviously want to transfer all of my info. Can I transfer ALL of my info onto an external HDD?

And this may sound like a silly SILLY question but I just wanted to double check before I make a boob of myself; if I delete the content for an XBLA game, I still have the ownership of the license for it, so I can download it again for free right?

1. If you still have the first Xbox console, you can simply transfer from one to the other.

2. You can transfer up to 16GB on an External HDD - make sure it's empty before you use it (it'll format it to the 360's file format)

3. You can re-download almost anything you have previously downloaded (there are one or two exceptions - such as old promotional stuff - nothing that you've paid for, though). To have it 100% working (without it it'll only work on one gamertag) on your new console you'll have to transfer the license: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Support/LicenseMigration/Home

Ah great stuff Cube, you're a genius. Can I transfer the info from multiple gamertags then as long as I transfer the licence then?

Also what order does everything need to be done in?

For e.g:

1) Transfer data to HDD

2) Upload license.

3) Download license onto new 360

4) Transfer data

I think you can transfer the data from one to the other, then sort out the license stuff afterwards. Transferring multiple gamertags is possible too. Just be wary; in order to move stuff you have to be signed in to the 'owner' gamertag. I've not transferred my entire HDD but I use a memory unit (bloody useless waste of money, that was) a lot and it's a bit of a faff as you have to move one thing at a time.

I think you can transfer the data from one to the other, then sort out the license stuff afterwards. Transferring multiple gamertags is possible too. Just be wary; in order to move stuff you have to be signed in to the 'owner' gamertag. I've not transferred my entire HDD but I use a memory unit (bloody useless waste of money, that was) a lot and it's a bit of a faff as you have to move one thing at a time.

I just noticed that the new xbox.com is up.

Which includes some nice new features such as an avatar editor.

You can also remove cards from your account.

Edit: Seems that you can't remove cards linked to a Gold automatic renewal.

Edited by Cube

Just finished Monkey Island 1 and 2. The second game was the easier, I felt. Last boss pissed me off for ages. Any clue of 3 and 4 will find their way to XBLA? Especially seeing as 5's "on it way".

I just noticed that the new xbox.com is up.

Which includes some nice new features such as an avatar editor.

You can also remove cards from your account.

Edit: Seems that you can't remove cards linked to a Gold automatic renewal.

They removed it for anyone not in the US, china and germany for some weird reason. Grr.

If you do manage to remove your card and you're supposed to be paying monthly, you get banned, no questions asked. It's on the forums as far as I remember.

Just finished Monkey Island 1 and 2. The second game was the easier, I felt. Last boss pissed me off for ages. Any clue of 3 and 4 will find their way to XBLA? Especially seeing as 5's "on it way".

I hope three makes it. If they still have the hand-drawn scans they used in the original (before compressing them down to what was in the game) then it should be easy. They probably won't need to re-record the voices, either.

As for four. They'll probably need to completely rebuild it on a new engine. The one it was on (the same one as Grim Fandango) is pretty terrible.

Speaking of Grim Fandango. I would love that to be re-made on a new game engine.

My point-n-click experience is quite limited. First was probably the indiana jones one when I was like 8, then Hook, Toonstruck, Discworld Noir (still not played the first two properly - THOSE SHOULD BE ON XBLA!!). Never actually played sam and max/black tentacle (or whatever) or grim fandango. I have many memories as a small kid trying to get FURTHER THAN EVER with hook/indiana jones, and we had no concept of saving, so we always had to start from scratch.

Also bought broken steel (or something like that, I forgot) for like a quid but couldn't get into it.

Broken Steel is a Fallout 3 addon...

I think he means Broken Sword.

It appears my 360 Slim has lost its voice. Everytime I open the disk tray or boot up the console using the buttons it doesn't chime anymore. :( I really should take it back to HMV but I can't be bothered to transfer all my data again. At least its still working, for now...

Bought Super Meat Boy last night. Such a good game and incredibly addictive. It's got that "I'll give it one more go" feel when trying to clear the levels because of how fiendish some of the level design is. The guideline times for completing the stages have left me a bit flabbergasted at times wondering how the hell you can complete them in under that time to get the highest grade.

Some of the bandages have been devilishly placed in some of the levels I've played (only on Chapter 2 so far) and the gamer I am, if I can see it I'll go after it and so I've found myself repeating some stages 30 or so times just to get it spot on and get the bandage.

Only 800 points until Sunday I believe, after which it goes up to 1200 MS Points so if you like your platformers with a heavy hand of masochism, then this is perfect :D

I will say, I do find it a little strange that Commander Video is an unlockable character in the 360 version considering Bit.Trip Runner isn't available on the XBLA.