NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I'm thinking of investing in a Wireless Adapter for the XBOX 360 soon and maybe get an XBOX Live Gold Subscription sorted out in time for some FIFA 11 or PES 2011 action (I haven't decided which one yet.. Pro Evolution Soccer has been dead for a few years but I'm really excited to give it a go this year.. the world needs a good PES :heh:)

Anyway, does anyone know of any good deals for an adapter or possibly some sort of offer that includes a Gold Subsrciption and Wireless Adapter?

I keep saying to myself that I should get one of these, as it's a pain to remove my cable from the back of my desktop and across the room into my xbox, how long did your original one last before it's signal kept dropping?

It's only dropped this past week since getting the new internet router. It can never keep a signal above 1 bar (out of 4). It worked fine at the old place with the router there (3 or full-bar signal strength). I'm sure it is fine if i used a different router, but the one we have all new and requires new adaptors to get a stronger connection. Old ones don't seem to be able to hold a strong enough connection

Had the current one 3+ years, since the first 360 i had. No real problems with it, except NAT problems but they were router-based.

New adaptor is "N" compatible, which is what my router is.

I've been messing around on Burnout Paradise today and its such a joy play. At first it was a little overwhelming as there is a massive amount of stuff to do but once I got the hang of how things work I fell in love with it.

I went online with it this afternoon, just for a drive about and to see what was what. I managed to play with a few random people who were all about doing the challenges. Great fun!

Yeah, it's an awesome game. I remember I got it bundled with my PS3. I played the demo before and hated it. At first I didn't play it much but I came back to it when I had nothing else to play and the more I played it the more I loved it. I must have clocked close to 100 hours with it.

Five new exclusive Kinect games coming from legendary Japanese creators

Earlier today at the open of the Tokyo Game Show in Japan we announced Five Exclusive Titles for Kinect for Xbox 360 coming in 2011. From the press release:

codename D (Grasshopper Manufacture, Microsoft Game Studios). From the famed markers of “killer7†and the “NO MORE HEROES†series comes “codename D†from SUDA 51 for Microsoft Game Studios. You must fight for your life to survive an evil amusement park filled with twisted and eerie creatures. With “codename D†for Kinect for Xbox 360, you are the controller as you unleash devastating effects to destroy enemies and objects.

Project Draco (Grounding, Microsoft Game Studios). The director of the cult hits “Phantom Dust†and “Panzer Dragoon,†game director Yukio Futatsugi, brings you an epic 3-D flying shooter. With the magic of Kinect for Xbox 360, you will be able to nurture and learn to communicate with your dragon as you develop its skills and train it as a partner in combat. Then join friends on Xbox LIVE to feel the rush of flight as you take to the skies together and experience breathtaking vistas and engage in thrilling battles.

Haunt (NanaOn-Sha, Microsoft Game Studios). Gather friends and family to delve deep into a haunted house dripping with mystery — you’ll need every ounce of your wit and cunning if you hope to unravel the veil of rumors that hide its darkest secret. Dodge traps and outwit ghosts, ghouls and frights that lurk with glee around each and every corner. Take a deep breath and immerse yourself in “Haunt,†spooky fun for Kinect for Xbox 360.

Steel Battalion Heavy Armor (Capcom, From Software). This all-new game revives the fan-favorite “Steel Battalion†series. With the support of Microsoft, Capcom and From Software join forces to bring this groundbreaking collaborative project to Xbox 360. Manhattan, 2082: In a world where computers and almost all modern technology have been lost, the greatest nations of the world continue to battle for supremacy. The American army lands in New York to begin its first big offensive of a long ground war. Soldiers fire from the trenches as scorched bunkers belch black smoke. As comrades continually fall to the unrelenting crossfire of bullets, the Vertical Tanks make their relentless advance. Experience the battlefield as never before with Kinect for Xbox 360.

Rise of Nightmares (SEGA). “Rise of Nightmares†offers a spine-tingling horror experience that uses the innovative new controls of Kinect for Xbox 360 to give players the ultimate fright. Using their whole body, players will experience fear and tension as never before in this exclusive Kinect horror adventure.

Not to mention Radiant Silvergun is hitting XBLA! I will finally be able to play this game without having to spend £100. :D

Not to mention Radiant Silvergun is hitting XBLA! I will finally be able to play this game without having to spend £100. :D

Radiant Silvergun? on XBLA?

sorry I just came a little...

But seriously... Hell fucking yes! this is one game I can't wait to finally play. :D

My Elite has Red Ring'd, and it is over the 3 years Warranty period as well (damn it, always does these things). I thought something was up when the picture wasn't 100% clear, had blocks on the screen which wouldn't clear. Oh well, think it's time to get one of them slims now.

My Elite has Red Ring'd, and it is over the 3 years Warranty period as well (damn it, always does these things). I thought something was up when the picture wasn't 100% clear, had blocks on the screen which wouldn't clear. Oh well, think it's time to get one of them slims now.

you'll never look back once you have the new slim sat in place of your old console.

it is the new hotness.

Indeed, i probably won't look back. Console is on the way, Game dispatched it earlier. Makes a change, these past few times Game have refused my card first time.

After a month or two with the new console, it's definitely miles ahead of its predecessor. It suddenly makes my PS3 sound loud.

My only complaint with the new 360 is that it is a dust magnet due to the finish of it.

Same as flat screen TV's,

that gloss finish just says "Hai Dust, come sit on me"

find myself dusting my xbox everyday (Shame that couldnt be said for the rest of my house :) )

New 360 arrived, boy is it smaller than i thought.

Only issue i found so far is that the built-in wireless doesn't get as good signal (if any) than the adaptor i bought. Not sure where the internal wireless adaptor is, so i'm using the new adaptor i had. Getting good signal with that.

Edited by Jimbob

EDIT: Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 getting a sweet special edition. Pics of it in the link.

OTT animated action fans, listen up. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 will be getting a Collector's Edition when it releases this autumn.

Packaged with an individually numbered original 'Laser Cell' artwork featuring 'Hokage-Naruto' drawn by Naruto creator Masashi Kishimoto, to mark the series' first appearance in Shonen Jump, the edition also comes with a soundtrack CD and access card to unlock the game's final character, Minato.

This all comes in a special edition box and will launch at the same time as the standard edition of the game on October 15th, 2010.

Tekken 6's Lars will also appear in the game as a playable character in his Kishihimoto-designed garb.

There will be a Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 demo hitting Xbox Live on August 25th too.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-5993-Naruto-Shippuden--Ultimate-Ninja-Storm-2-Dated.html

This game's out in 2 weeks and I can't find this Collector's Edition available for sale anywhere :(

This game's out in 2 weeks and I can't find this Collector's Edition available for sale anywhere :(

Same here. I just ended up preordering the normal edition.

EDIT: I just had a look around for some info on this and found...

The only way us Brits will get it is if we order it from an EU store, like the French or German Amazon for example. Personally, I'm not going to go through all that trouble to get a copy, I'll just stick to the normal edition with the manual in a langauge I can read.

Sure, there are probably better special editions out there, but I still feel a bit betrayed by Bandai with the fact that they completely shunned the UK (once again) as if we don't deserve a SE. You don't know what it's like to want to own a special edition, no matter how good or bad, of a series that you love and have been into for five years.

I can see this being true, seeing as they didn't release the Naruto Shippuden game for the Wii in the UK, despite it being released eveywhere else in Europe. It explains why no site has the CE down for preorder.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Aw. Shame. Well, I probably wouldn't listen to the soundtrack, so it was just that laser art cell and the sleeve I was interested in (apparently you can unlock Minato at the end anyway).

That sleeve was sweet though.

Same here. I just ended up preordering the normal edition.

EDIT: I just had a look around for some info on this and found...

I can see this being true, seeing as they didn't release the Naruto Shippuden game for the Wii in the UK, despite it being released eveywhere else in Europe. It explains why no site has the CE down for preorder.

This happened with Dragonball Z Raging Blast, I had the special edition preordered at Amazon.co.uk but it ended up being cancelled as the UK didn't get it, but Germany and I think France did. The annoying thing is is though, the bonus stuff was in English.

They're doing the same thing with Raging Blast 2 (which I want only for Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans), they've got a really nice special edition but it doesn't look like we're getting again. Although it looks like Amazon are selling the German version this time.

Aw. Shame. Well, I probably wouldn't listen to the soundtrack, so it was just that laser art cell and the sleeve I was interested in (apparently you can unlock Minato at the end anyway).

That sleeve was sweet though.

Here's the character roster if your interested.

A list of Octobers XBL deals and XBLA games has been released.

Xbox LIVE Arcade:

•October 6: Comic Jumper - 1200 Microsoft Points

•October 13: Pinball FX 2 - Free game download. Tables purchased individually with free import from original “Pinball FXâ€

•October 13: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I - 1200 Microsoft Points

•October 13: Dead Space Ignition - 400 Microsoft Points

•October 20: Super Meat Boy - 1200 Microsoft Points

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week

Week of October 11: Mass Effect 2

•Overlord - 400 Microsoft Points

•Kasumi Stolen Memory - 400 Microsoft Points

•Blood Dragon Armour - 160 Microsoft Points

•Suit - 160 Microsoft Points

•Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points

Week of October 18 (Xbox LIVE Members’ Choice):

•Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Onslaught - 400 Microsoft Points

•Battlefield: Bad Company 2 SPECACT Upgrade - 320 Microsoft Points

Xbox Games On Demand:

October 12: Gears of War 2

Xbox LIVE Avatar Marketplace:

•October 7: Halloween Collection Update

•October 7: NBA 2K11

•October 14: Fable III

Xbox Game Add-Ons

•October 12: Alan Wake - The Writer, 560 Microsoft Points and available worldwide

I've read some reports about FFXIII potentially killing 360's and I'm curious as too whether anyone here experienced this*.

The reason I'm asking is because it looks like my console is on the way out with regular disc read errors, frequent freezing and intermittent sound problems. The issues are most noticeable with FFXIII and certainly seemed to have become more frequent since I recently started playing it but unfortunately the problems look to have spread to other games. Just not enough issues for the thing to RROD.

I was going to grab an 's' model soon, so it looks like I have a valid excuse now but I think I'll make sure I'm done with FFXIII before sticking it anywhere the new console (just in case).

* It'll probably teach me for playing this game, although I did enjoy it more than I should have.