NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I'd be happy with the first game + 4 player online co-op tbh. It was awesome, but a pain in the arse that it was split screen all the time.

Anyone tried Monday Night Gaming? Looks good, but at 1200 points I'm looking for some opinions.

I have a feeling a new EDF game could suck.

Cos the first one sucks, but in a good way. It's so simple that everything it's missing doesn't matter.

Try and modernise it, bring in cover and reloading and stuff, you could just totally fuck it up.

They made another one previous to EDF 2017 which supposedly (have not played it) played very much the same.

So I have faith that they will not shake up the formula too much.

Anyone tried Monday Night Gaming? Looks good, but at 1200 points I'm looking for some opinions.

I really like it, although if you don't get on with the future sport aesthetic that's not really something you're going to get over. The classes are pretty well balanced and it isn't just an arena shooter, being more "Team Fortress 2 crossed with tower defence". There isn't really anything else like it on Live.

Worth mentioning it's a bit buggy at the moment, but there's a huge update coming soon plus several DLC packs, the first of which will be free. I'm not sure how the launch of Reach and Black Ops will effect the player base, but there seems to be a good amount of people playing MNC and the developers are certainly supporting the game now that it's launched.

Alright guys, need some help.

Basically my old 360 should be back in a couple of days after being repaired and i was gonna trade it in towards a slim. Just wondering though, is there another way of transferring the save data without having to buy the 360 Hard drive cable (£15?!), like using a USB? I wanna trade in the 360 i have towards the Slim but that's out of the question as i need the hard drive to transfer data!

You can use a USB drive up to 16GB. It'll need to be formatted first.

How do I do that? I'm guessing plug it into the 360 and go to settings or something? The GAME staff told me I couldn't use a USB and had to use a transfer cable, the bastards.

Go into your system settings after plugging it in and from there select: "memory" you should see something like:

hard drive.

USB drive.

Select USB and it will tell you that it needs to be configured and you can allocate how much space your Xbox 360 things will take on your USB drive.

Thanks guys :) Much more simpler than I thought.

It's only save states i really need to transfer over. I'm guessing once I have my Slim I can just hop on LIVE and redownload all the games I had bought previously? Or has that somehow been complicated?

Gonna try and get one of those. I don't have paypal though, so fingers crossed!

EDIT: It seems to come up as £18 after I put the code in and go to process my card details. I guess it was just a matter of time! Oh well.

Edited by jayseven

Yeah saw that but I was too late too. They've changed the voucher to be £15 if you spend over £50. Gutted because I would've gotten Lair of the Shadow Broker and PvZ.

Why does Xbox Live membership cost that much more now? What a rip.

Because they are complete cunts?

Talk about ripping everyone off, that automatic renewal still annoys me, why are the Americans allow to turn their subscription off but we can't.

Fuckers.

The most confusing thing is that people actually buy Xbox Live through the Xbox.

The most confusing thing is that people actually buy Xbox Live through the Xbox.

For me it was ideal, buying 30quid worth of xbl although for the year didn't seem ideal to me as I was moving at the time and wasn't sure when I'd next be able to play, plus I rarely play xbl anymore, so paying monthly was far easier and better imo.

But yes otherwise it's a complete rip-off. Specially now I have to ring to cancel it all.

You can get a 3-month card for £12-£13 if you don't want to buy a whole year.

You can get a 3-month card for £12-£13 if you don't want to buy a whole year.

Well from now on it's cards anyway, but for now I'll wait, I have no money and my xbl cancellation doesn't run out til the 20th. :bowdown:

Just had a fucking amazing match on Isolation on Halo 3. 4 vs 4, we were behind all match, first by loads then little by little we crept closer to their score. It's 49 -49. We've just survived a scurry and we're all four on top of the hill. Next kill wins the match.

There's quiet.

Then the red team start running up the hill towards us. I take aim at one dude, put a full clip into his head while we're running at each other. BAM! I smash his face in and we win.

It was glorious.

Well... this is probably an easy question to answer...

Situation -

I have a new 360, and i have an old 360 which has red ringed on me.

I've recovered my account on my new 360 so my gamer profile is there with all the achievements in tact. but there are no game saves on it as its a new xbox. so i put gta4 in, it prompts me to start a new game, i put Guitar hero in, and have no career to continue etc etc.

I remember when Elites came out Microsoft introduced data transfer cables...

If i can get hold of one of these, and an old 360 which works (as mine is RRoD) can i then transfer my old game saves from the old hard drive to new xbox via this cable.

ALSO - Since i've had my new 360 i've completed Red Dead Redepmption and Halo ODST on it, If the above is successfull and i can transfer my game saves to my new xbox, will this overwrite the RDR and ODST Game saves?

Really appriciate any help i can get on this!

Edited by Murr

I remember when Elites came out Microsoft introduced data transfer cables...

If i can get hold of one of these, and an old 360 which works (as mine is RRoD) can i then transfer my old game saves from the old hard drive to new xbox via this cable.

The transfer cable plugs directly into the HDD so you don't need the 360.

I've had to buy a new wireless adaptor for my 360, turns out the one i have isn't picking up a good signal (if any) from the router we have. It would have meant expenditure, but lucky for me on this one. Amazon charged me for a service i don't use, so i got a refund on that (Prime, £50 a year). Ain't costing me a penny for it, and it should work. Getting one of them "Wireless N" adaptors.

I've had to buy a new wireless adaptor for my 360, turns out the one i have isn't picking up a good signal (if any) from the router we have. It would have meant expenditure, but lucky for me on this one. Amazon charged me for a service i don't use, so i got a refund on that (Prime, £50 a year). Ain't costing me a penny for it, and it should work. Getting one of them "Wireless N" adaptors.

I keep saying to myself that I should get one of these, as it's a pain to remove my cable from the back of my desktop and across the room into my xbox, how long did your original one last before it's signal kept dropping?