NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

It says I can get Gold for a month for £1 in my spotlight section but then renews at the monthly rate after that.

How would I cancel out of it so I don't have to pay for another month? :)

You can do it through Xbox.com, although first you'll need to drink a pint of virgin's blood mixed with the essence of a fallen comet to grant you the True Sight needed to discover where the hell you have to navigate to do so.

You might be able to toggle auto-renewal here, but as I already have it turned off I can't be sure. Also have you checked the terms of the offer? Might be that you have to sign up to a minimum term of 6-12 months, so it would be an idea to check before hand.

Spent much of this afternoon (ok, all of it) creaming through Forgotten Sands. My verdict: Well worth playing, easy 25+ hour title (thats inc the challenge modes as well (which take 10 minutes combined to beat both)). The obstacles are challenging, the enemies are alright. Only hard part of fighting is that there can be 50+ enemies on screen at once.

It gets an 8 from me.

So I got RROD yesterday, my console is over 3 years old. Whats my chances of convincing them to repair it for free?

So I got RROD yesterday, my console is over 3 years old. Whats my chances of convincing them to repair it for free?

Is this the first time this has happened? If not... then tell them how annoyed you are that your console has 'died' 'X' amount of times, that it's unacceptable for them to charge you and that 'this would never happen with my Wii/PS3!' etc... do so in a relatively calm but firm manner and see where it gets you, if they won't co-operate get their manager.

And if all else fails then... just buy a new arcade, it'll work out cheaper in the long run and you'll have another 3 years free warranty with that console. :)

And if all else fails then... just buy a new arcade, it'll work out cheaper in the long run and you'll have another 3 years free warranty with that console. :)

This is what I intend to do when I have the money for it. Microsoft won't budge on the "It's out of warranty" thing for me even though it shouldn't be and they've got it wrong online when I check but as I don't have the receipt to prove otherwise, can't do anything about it. So just gonna plonk for an arcade or whatever in a few weeks/months. Some decent deals about if you look around.

Is this the first time this has happened? If not... then tell them how annoyed you are that your console has 'died' 'X' amount of times, that it's unacceptable for them to charge you and that 'this would never happen with my Wii/PS3!' etc... do so in a relatively calm but firm manner and see where it gets you, if they won't co-operate get their manager.

It's the first time unluckily and 5 months passed the 3 year warranty. So looks like an Arcade for me in a few months time. Just got an email from them telling me a repair would cost £68 + VAT. Might as well get a whole new machine to cover another 3 year warranty.

Edited by Ramar

It says I can get Gold for a month for £1 in my spotlight section but then renews at the monthly rate after that.

How would I cancel out of it so I don't have to pay for another month? :)

You used to be able to cancel through Xbox.com, now you have to call customer support. Takes about 5 minutes but was an easy process. If you ever decide to use live again I would recommend the voucher route rather than the insert card details here route.

You used to be able to cancel through Xbox.com, now you have to call customer support. Takes about 5 minutes but was an easy process. If you ever decide to use live again I would recommend the voucher route rather than the insert card details here route.

Agreed, think it works out cheaper in the long-run (unless you pay for a full year via the insert card details thing).

I'm sure it's cheaper to use vouchers, you can often find 12+1 month cards for under £30.

I'm sure it's cheaper to use vouchers, you can often find 12+1 month cards for under £30.

Yeah, and it's the same for points cards, too. Instant/same day digital delivery ones are very useful.

Finally got round to playing Shadow Complex (better late than never eh!?) and have completed it.

Must say im impressed! Another great XBLA game, i really enjoyed the design of 2d gameplay in 3d enviroment. :)

Good man :) a great title, every 360 owner should play the trial a least.

Good man :) a great title, every 360 owner should play the trial a least.

Definatly!

I would also recommend Shadow Complex to anyone on here who has not already done so!

This isn't very relevant to recent conversation, but I just came across it and found it amusing:

RE: Shadow Complex, it's going on sale for 800 points in the next couple of weeks or so. No excuses!

RE: Shadow Complex, it's going on sale for 800 points in the next couple of weeks or so. No excuses!

Bah! Nobody should get it for 800 points. It's simply not worth it.

Especially as it will be 560 points next week.

Starting 14th:

- Shadow Complex -- 560 (Normally 1200, 53% off)

- Trials HD -- 560 (Normally 1200, 53% off)

- Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 -- 560 (Normally 1200, 53% off)

- TMNT Turtles in Time HD -- 400 (Normally 800, 50% off)

- ’Splosion man -- 400(Normally 800, 50% off)

Starting 22nd

- A Kingdom for Keflings -- 400 (50% off)

- Alien Hominid HD -- 400 (50% off)

- Banjo Tooie -- 800 (33% off)

- Bionic Commando Rearmed -- 400 (50% off)

- Bomberman LIVE -- 400 (50% off)

- Braid -- 800 (33% off)

- Castle Crashers -- 800 (33% off)

- Castlevania Symphony of the Night -- 400 (50% off)

- Contra -- 240 (40%)

- Crystal Defenders -- 400 (50% off)

- Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 -- 400 ( 50% off)

- Magic the Gathering -- 400 (50% off)

- N+ -- 400 (50% off)

- Panzer General -- 400 (50% off)

- Portal -- 800 (33% off)

- TMNT: 1989 Arcade -- 240 (40% off)

- Uno Rush -- 400 (50% off)

- Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment -- 800 (33% off)

- Zombie Apocalypse -- 400 (50% off)

I know it's brand new, but I'd like Rocket Knight to drop in price, 1200 points is too much for that game especially since Portal and PD is only 800.

- Shadow Complex -- 560 (Normally 1200, 53% off)

- Trials HD -- 560 (Normally 1200, 53% off)

- Banjo Tooie -- 800 (33% off)

- Bionic Commando Rearmed -- 400 (50% off)

- Bomberman LIVE -- 400 (50% off)

- Braid -- 800 (33% off)

- Castle Crashers -- 800 (33% off)

- Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 -- 400 ( 50% off)

- Zombie Apocalypse -- 400 (50% off)

... Those all tempt me! Shadow Complex and Zombie Apocalypse mostly, with Braid and Castle Crashers, though I've played to death, being two games I feel ought to be in my collection. Cheers for letting me know about the lower prices, cube :)

Must buys from the list are Trials HD, Shadow Complex and Bionic Commando Rearmed. They're all AAA titles (as much as I hate the phrase..)

Castle Crashers is great if you have 3 mates to play it with, but gets boring with 2 and is rubbish by yourself. No replay value either once you've hit completion. 3 player is alright, I s'pose.

Oh, and obviously Braid if you havn't played it yet!

...so... I have to phone up to cancel the renewal that I never set-up in the first place?

Fantastic.

I'm going to swear at whoever it is I speak to.

Some nice price drops there on some great games! Pitty i already own most of them that i wanted to!

However there is titles i have not tried so i may look into them while they are cheaper!

It's the first time unluckily and 5 months passed the 3 year warranty. So looks like an Arcade for me in a few months time. Just got an email from them telling me a repair would cost £68 + VAT. Might as well get a whole new machine to cover another 3 year warranty.

Im pretty sure when they repair it you get a renewed warranty of 1 year and RROD warranty of 3 years, so it works out cheaper to repair than buy a new one

I got Just Cause 2 through Lovefilm. Played through one or two missions, explored a bit.

First I tried some combat/destruction - it was pretty shit.

Then I tried driving - it was pretty shit.

Then I tried some missions - they were pretty shit.

Then I went exploring - it was fun for a few minutes then it got pretty shit.

I then got stranded on the island from Lost - it was pretty shit.

The map is just TOO big, you can do all the awesome stuff in the first 20 minutes and the story and characters are completely uninteresting. You also HAVE to destroy some stuff before you can do missions - at least in Saints Row 2 you could do a varied amount of things.

So I suggest that everyone should play the demo. It has exactly the same amount of fun, gameplay and lifespan as the full game.