NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Anyone else having a problem with Live. I installed the update and was un-able to go online at all. Couldn't invite friends into games and visa versa. I did sort it out, had to re-start my internet router and Live adaptor and it fixed itself. Something about the NAT the console was telling me.

Yeah sounds like ur NAT type was 'Strict'. A friend of mine has had this problem alot in the past.

Hopefully it's just a once off but if you start getting the problems alot there are various articles on the net they say how you can make it better. I think xbox's offical website has one and i know they have brought it up on a sentuamessage episode in the past.

Yeah sounds like ur NAT type was 'Strict'. A friend of mine has had this problem alot in the past.

Hopefully it's just a once off but if you start getting the problems alot there are various articles on the net they say how you can make it better. I think xbox's offical website has one and i know they have brought it up on a sentuamessage episode in the past.

Hope so, i don't particulary want to re-start everything everytime i want to go online. Wonder if MS will bring an update out to stop this from occuring.

No, they won't, it's an issue with your router settings and not the 360's fault. Look in to port forwarding for your specific router and open the Xbox Live ports necessary and the NAT issue should go away. Not sure what the ports you need are but it's a simple google.

Finally conquered Gears yesterday, after a 3+ hour battle with RAAM (don't ask, he was rock solid). Only way i can describe the difficulty really is that Casual becomes Hardcore, Hardcore becomes Insane and Insane becomes Impossible when facing RAAM. He is one tough s.o.b to beat.

Which means i can begin Gears 2, and make a dlc purchase as well. I believe the All Fronts pack has everything i need, for a bargain 1600 ms points. Just need some points and i shall be done.

If anyone fancies an online session, let us know.

I beat GoW1 on Hardcore in co-op, it was great fun but very frustrating at times. Didn't really have many problems with RAAM though if I remember rightly. Completed GoW2 on Normal mode because thunderer lost interest. Epic fail :(

Shit yeah I remember RAAM being a bitch on Insane, even when playing co-op. I think it took me and jayseven about 100 attempts.

I think when I did it with a friend we got lucky and Raam glitched or somthing so I unloaded a few clips of active shotgun in his balls, with seemed to do the trick.

I played both Gears games with Retro_Link and, yeah, RAAM was an ass on Insane. God knows how many attempts it took us. Whenever one of us died it would go something like...

Die -> revive -> other guy dies -> revive -> first guy dies again -> both dead...

I think in the end Retro died and I just thought "fuck it" carried on unloading on RAAM and somehow killed him!

I don't think there was anything like this on the second, then again I'm not sure if we ever played it on Insane?!

I played both Gears games with Retro_Link and, yeah, RAAM was an ass on Insane. God knows how many attempts it took us. Whenever one of us died it would go something like...

Die -> revive -> other guy dies -> revive -> first guy dies again -> both dead...

I think in the end Retro died and I just thought "fuck it" carried on unloading on RAAM and somehow killed him!

I don't think there was anything like this on the second, then again I'm not sure if we ever played it on Insane?!

haha, I am slightly over enthusiastic when it comes to Gears!

Yeah I remember you somehow downing him in the end much to both our surprise, as it just sort of 'happened'... nothing done differently to all the previous attempts... just 'ah fuck it'... gun blazing, and he just went down!

Role on the third!! :D

Edited by Retro_Link

I'm playing the multi-player of 2 atm, pretty darn good online i must say. Only got 1 kill in and over 10 nearly's on the first mode. Ok, i am annoyed they keep picking 1 kill per round all the time but i guess that makes better players in the end.

mentioned it on the other thread but (so far) I'd say the fishmonsterthing definitely cuts it close to RAAM - while not stealing the title at all, but surely worth a mention.

For anyone who's hungry for more Streets of Rage-type antics then Final Fight is up on Arcade today for 800 points, it comes with a game called Magic Sword (never played it).

Anyone else getting splinter cell? Need someone to do the co-op with!

My XBL Gold ran out ;_;

Going with 13 months from Shopto instant delivery for £32.99, unless anyone knows of a better deal?

My XBL Gold ran out ;_;

Going with 13 months from Shopto instant delivery for £32.99, unless anyone knows of a better deal?

I don't sorry mate. That seems a good price, wish i got mine at that price. £34 mine cost.

I've had more NAT problems, seriously starting to annoy me. XBL worked around 8pm when my mate came on for a Vegas session. Problems started coming back around 9:30 during the GoW2 session we had later (Horde, Execution and War modes we played). It started out Strict, then went to Moderate, kicking my mate out of the party and refusing to let me back online.

Luckly Russell Howard was on BBC3 at 10:30pm (when nothing worked online), so i took a break.

I jiggled the Router settings again, picking IP number 4 as the one to have the open ports this time around (i set the router IP by accident). Re-started the 360, 10 minutes later and nothing worked still. Turns out my 360 didn't have a dedicated IP, so no wonder nothing worked). Changed the IP and changed a setting in the router menu to exclude 4 from the firewall rules all-together. This has worked (this time). Hopefully no more problems, or i may scream.

Managed to get back on at 11pm, had a session with 4 randoms (Horde mode). They seemed to like my style of play, they were on about not playing with level 15 and below people as they deemed them not good. I could have stayed on all night, no-one was dying because we stuck together and revived as and when. We got to 15 before we all died (around 12:15am) so i left and went to bed.

Edited by Jimbob

Are there any settings on your router to reserve an IP address for a particular MAC address?

Are there any settings on your router to reserve an IP address for a particular MAC address?

Pass, i typed in the IP to my 360 and in the router, and it all works fine for me at the moment.

Can't fucking buy any points from shopto. Seriously sick of this... I have tried to buy about 10 things from shopto in the last 6 months and either they won't let me because I don't have any card details on file or whatever (even though I do) or haven't made enough purchases... or they just never ship the item because I'm not a "Gold Customer".

They used to be such a reliable site. And gamepointsnow doesn't have any cards in stock.... ffs.

Fine, I'll try eBay.

Edited by Shorty

Can't fucking buy any points from shopto. Seriously sick of this... I have tried to buy about 10 things from shopto in the last 6 months and either they won't let me because I don't have any card details on file or whatever (even though I do) or haven't made enough purchases... or they just never ship the item because I'm not a "Gold Customer".

They used to be such a reliable site. And gamepointsnow doesn't have any cards in stock.... ffs.

http://www.graingergames.co.uk/default.asp?sp=G5872&sp=G5873&sp=G9260&sp=G11395&sp=G13796

Instant code delivery. Not the best ordering system but it works no problem.

Thanks Ike.

I had already bought a 12 month sub from ebay at £29.99, but I just used that link to get some MS point, 2100 for a very reasonable £15.99, code was delivered instantly :)

On a side note, I've been playing [Prototype]. It's a lot of fun! I prefer it to infamous already, and the huge jump is brilliant, even better than the one in Crackdown.

Edited by Shorty

Been cracking through Fable II, trying to get the remaining achievements. Got 4 left. Was wondering if anyone could give us a hand with possibly these remaining 4. Need the following, would be appreciated.

The Dollcatcher

If anyone is able to help me with these, send us a PM please.

Edit: Only need the Dollcatcher one now, anyone willing to lend us them for 30 seconds (thats if anyone still owns the game).

Edited by Jimbob