NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Oh and awesome avatar there :D

Shadow Complex is out today right? My Tv is broken so I can't check but I think it was to be released on the 19th. ::shrug: Anyway, anyone getting it? I'm gonna see about getting the spare TV set up and see about downloading it, and perhaps Trails HD.

Yeah Shadow Complex is out today ( as is Lost Planet 2 co-op demo yay ). I will be picking up SC at some point as it looks fantastic but I have spent a stupid amout of cash on microsoft points this month, maybe next month.

Molyneux is just waffling on about Fable III at the moment. Im hoping we see something from Rare especially as they were quiet during E3.

lol, Fable 3, i cudnt of asked for better news :P fable 2 was amazin, cant wait for this :D

Yeah Shadow Complex is out today ( as is Lost Planet 2 co-op demo yay ). I will be picking up SC at some point as it looks fantastic but I have spent a stupid amout of cash on microsoft points this month, maybe next month.

Molyneux is just waffling on about Fable III at the moment. Im hoping we see something from Rare especially as they were quiet during E3.

Shadow Complex is out today?? Foserious?

What's the general verdict? On paper it sounds amazing, although I watched a trailer where they seemed to have added a lot of unecessary 3D stationary shooting. I don't want to watch any more videos or read any spoilers, but is it good? If so that gives me something to do tonight :D

Edit: £14.30 for 2100 MS points delivered with a 10% off code til the end of today:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/463065/xbox-360-live-2100-points-card-14-3/

Edited by Shorty

^ The general concensus is that Shadow Complex is a great game, a nice way to end the Summer of Xbox Live thing. It's had good reviews all round, from what I've seen, but there are some glitches and some issues with it that should be ironed out in updates. When they come, who knows but none of the problems are game breaking so you can still easily play through it as it is now. I won't be able to download it myself for some time yet so I don't have a personal verdict.

prob get SC next month as already got turtles, MVC2 and trails..and spent some on a new theme and clothes lately

enjoying silent hill so far quite surprised :) down to 10 left on lovefilm list thou eeee plenty out over xmas period i want thou

trails is best game on xbla best 1200 points spent ever only pain is the "extreme level" how in the fuck do you do inferno 2 :o

Edited by BeerMonkey

I finally managed to get the Bend it like a Pro achievement on FIFA 09 today, pretty close though, bouncing down off the crossbar and bounced back out again but from over the line.

I don't want to watch any more videos or read any spoilers, but is it good? If so that gives me something to do tonight :D

Judging from my 25 minutes play time it is indeed good.

I played some of the training levels (which let you train with every powerup...at least I think they are all the powerups you can get) and 25 minutes in the campaign.

Metroid feeling assured.

There are also some cool achievements (and other challenges...like beating the game on the hardest difficulty with only the fewest number of powerups).

With this and Castlevania I'll be busy for the next weeks. :)

Yeah, picked up Shadow Complex without even trialling it because I knew I was gonna want it after the unveiling and the great review Kotaku gave it.

I wasn't wrong to do so. Brilliant game. And so, I now have every Summer of Arcade game! TMNT for free. Not bad :D

Shadow Complex is indeed very good. Almost as good as Metroid, but lacking in character/enemy design.

I also tried the Mini Ninjas and Lost Planet 2 demos. I wouldn't bother with them.

I don't know how, but Lost Planet 2 somehow manages to make getting eaten by a monster, shooting around it's insides (which somehow does less damage than shooting it's knees) and getting pooped out feel boring. And unfortunately the controls are still supremely clunky.

I don't know how, but Lost Planet 2 somehow manages to make getting eaten by a monster, shooting around it's insides (which somehow does less damage than shooting it's knees) and getting pooped out feel boring. And unfortunately the controls are still supremely clunky.

I loved it to bits. Played it with the lads from work last night and we had such a laugh. Two of us went inside the thing and blew the hell out of the core while the other one hopped on his back and shot it to pieces. We then jumped in a 3 man mech and continued to pummel it with gunfire before it came crashing down. :D I do agree about the controls though, they are just as clunky as the first game.

Been playing Fight Night 4 lately...pretty damned good.

..Just thought I'd let you guys know. =]

Square Enix: Xbox Live Holding Up Xbox 360 Version Of FFXIV

Ongoing discussions with Microsoft about how Final Fantasy XIV is to work with Xbox Live are partly to blame for the lack of announced 360 version, producer Hiromichi Tanaka told VG247 at GamesCom today.

“FFXI for 360; at that point PS2 didn’t have a hard disc [and] that was really difficult for us, but Xbox 360 had that from the beginning, so that really helped us. We managed to smoothly move onto 360 from the Windows version, so that was very good to us,” said the developer.

“However, for FFXIV, because 360 has its own policy with Xbox Live that is different from [the] internet, that’s something we’re in discussions with Microsoft [about], to come to an agreement. That’s one of the reasons it’s not going to be launched at that point.”

The “point” being the simultaneous release of the PS3 and Windows versions next year.

Tanaka told us in the same conversation that the words “launch timing” were “cut out” of SCEA boss Jack Tretton’s FFXIV exclusivity announcement FFXIV at E3, and that it “doesn’t mean that we’re not going to have a 360 [version] in the future”.

Why the fuck would you spend money on clothes and themes? Gah... I'm not even gonna bother.

Sometimes you have points left over, you think, why not spice the dashboard up.

Hahaha I bought the Pom Poms for my avatar earlier, the animation cracks me up every time along with the serious face. Absolutely love it. Was thinking about buying the GH Guitar one as that pretty much would complete the virtual representation of me, but the animation only lasts about 5 seconds so I decided against it and went for the funnies :D

I went for the lightsaber!!

My avatar just stands there like normal then whips it out and has a quick play out of no-where!!

Also been playing on Scene it BOS with my gf tonight (seen it on shopto for £15 on monday and thought why not!), and i must say its loads of fun! Glad i bought it. :)

I went for the lightsaber!!

My avatar just stands there like normal then whips it out and has a quick play out of no-where!!

Also been playing on Scene it BOS with my gf tonight (seen it on shopto for £15 on monday and thought why not!), and i must say its loads of fun! Glad i bought it. :)

Lightsaber is the way to go. I couldn't resist it. :D

E3 dude, you watch it?

EDIT: I sounded like a complete dick there; I did mean it in a jokey way.

Anyway. They announced XIV at the Sony presser, everyone got excited, but then less when at the end it showed that it was an MMO.

Anyway. They announced XIV at the Sony presser, everyone got excited, but then less when at the end it showed that it was an MMO.

lol, shit was funny when that was shown, everyone was super excited and shocked about the announcement and the showing of the game at the end when the title came up everyone cheered...until a little word 'online' showed and basically everyone went 'Aw...'

Downloaded and had a quick go on the Lost Planet 2 demo. Taking down that massive Akrid is awesome fun. I didn't managed to take it down because my batteries gave up but I hope that it'll be made a standalone co-op thing for the final game because it's really good. I played it in single player with the game controlling the other 3 characters but that was useless as I was the only one managing to damage it. When the batteries have recharged, I'll give it another go but online.

Going inside the thing was an interesting experience. I just shot at the growth things but a bunch of the akrid spider things came and killed me. It also managed to drown me as I was on it's back and wasn't watching where it was walking. Before I knew it, it was diving into the deep water and I was screwed :D This should probably be in the thread but meh.

Also gave the Trials HD trial a go. It's alright and could be fun for a short period of time. Not sure if I'll get the full thing as I'm sure I'll get much out of it.