NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
arab_freak

Woman dead in apartment for 2 years

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,24390-2135954,00.html

I find it disgusting how people can just forget about a person this way.:shakehead I mean how the hell can you forget a family member for over 2 years?

We know little about Vincent, except that she once worked for Saatchi & Saatchi, the advertising agency and, according to a source involved in the investigation, “she had detached herself from her family, but there was no bust-up. They are a very nice familyâ€; and that she had had a relationship in which “there was a history of domestic violenceâ€.

Still, it isn't a very good excuse for the "very nice" family to leave her for all those years.

what i dont get is that those people smelt the smell of decomp, why did they not at least call in someone to sort it out?

what about her work, if she still worked there hy did no one notice that she wasnt coming in for ages.

its just sad

I read in the paper that she was discovered by burglars.

That's another story.

We are used to hearing horrible stories like this about elderly people, who are found only because the milkman finally notices that the pints are accumulating outside the front door. And this, of course, is bad and shaming enough. However, Vincent was not an old lady whose friends and family were dead but a woman in the prime of life. And the day after her tragic story was revealed came news of another lonely end, this time of 52-year-old Sally Shearing who was found in the cellar of a house in Cornwall by burglars and had been dead for three years.

That's another story.

I was going to add a footnote about it possibly being another story, but I doubted that similar events could happen so close to each other. How wrong I was, I feel violated.

Oww, I don't ever want to be old.

Poor people.

First one was 40....that aint that old.

It's horrible, poor people, well their dead...but there life must have been really lonely if nobody noticed that they died.

really sad-definatly my least prefeered way to die-alone.

stories like that make you value your family and friends a lot more!

gosh, thats quite horrendous. The tv was still going... its like time stood still.

gosh, thats quite horrendous. The tv was still going... its like time stood still.

I'm supprised her electrics were still on, as she wouldn't have paid the bill for 2 years.

I'm supprised her electrics were still on, as she wouldn't have paid the bill for 2 years.

point.

on how this happened, its easy enough. if I for example, were to move say up North and changed my phone number then I could cut off all my friends and family.

Yeah there were so many alarm bells that were ringing to be honest. Just no one person putting them together.

From the feeling that I got from the story, she probably killed herself as she likely lost the Saatchi job. Also she was living in a place by herself (would drive me insane!) in a place where no one talks to each other. Winner!

Sign in to follow this