NEurope
JLilly

Revolution Name revealed? (Nintendo Bluewave!)

If they change the name it would confuse quite a few people.I'd stick with 'Revolution'

The only people who know about Revolution are Nintendo geeks who hang around on forums like this.. or other console geeks who hang around on similar forums for their console and sit around debating why their console of choice is better.

Average joe doesn't know shit all about Revolution.. it's only been in a few magazines really, hasn't made mainstream media.. there's no promotional material in shops or marketing.

I'm betting over 99% of the people who will buy a Revolution don't know anything about it yet. It won't confuse anyone..

The only people who know about Revolution are Nintendo geeks who hang around on forums like this.. or other console geeks who hang around on similar forums for their console and sit around debating why their console of choice is better.

Average joe doesn't know shit all about Revolution.. it's only been in a few magazines really, hasn't made mainstream media.. there's no promotional material in shops or marketing.

I'm betting over 99% of the people who will buy a Revolution don't know anything about it yet. It won't confuse anyone..

I disagree with that. There have been various articles in newspapers about the Revolution, including the sun which is a very mainstream newspaper.

I disagree aswell the Revolution has been in news paper's like Fierce_LiNk said and has been on TV aswell.

hasnt most red bar newsaper got a reading age of a 5 year old or something, i think is the sun or another one. however the rev has actually been in quitea few mags, i was in a tesco and ssaw a mag i forgot the name becaseu there was a hot woman on the front cover, but it had something about the next gen of consoles and mentioned the ps3, 360 and rev. cant remember the name of the mag, but ive never seen it before

i was in a tesco and ssaw a mag i forgot the name becaseu there was a hot woman on the front cover, but it had something about the next gen of consoles and mentioned the ps3, 360 and rev. cant remember the name of the mag, but ive never seen it before

Sounds like "Stuff" or one of those gadget mags that use boobs to push copies.

I actually know loads of adults who have heard of the Revolution through they're younger (primary school age) children. They really can't afford to change the name now.

They're definitely changing the name. If it's not going to be 'Bluwave', then where did that logo come from??? I think 'Bluwave' and 'Nintendo GO' are as likely as each other at the moment.

It's NOT going to be called 'Revolution'. Haven't several people stated this in interviews? They have plenty of time to still change the name and market it successfully. I mean, at least a name change will generate free publicity and will set tongues wagging...

________

Mflb

Edited by the_mars_volta

They're definitely changing the name. If it's not going to be 'Bluwave', then where did that logo come from??? I think 'Bluwave' and ['Nintendo GO' are as likely as each other at the moment.

Someone spending 10 mins in photoshop?

It's NOT going to be called 'Revolution'. Haven't several people stated this in interviews? They have plenty of time to still change the name and market it successfully. I mean, at least a name change will generate free publicity and will set tongues wagging...

And the Nintendo DS was NOT going to be called the DS.

Bluewave sounds bearable, but I'm not sure it would be preferable.

Revolution is fine, as was Dolphin, why don't they just keep it as it is?

I think the best way to dismiss "bluewave" is that Nintendo are most likely gonna have the "Rev" in a number of colours, and having the name of it contain a colour (blue) would just be confusing and prolly scare non-gamers who Nintendo want to try attract

I think the best way to dismiss "bluewave" is that Nintendo are most likely gonna have the "Rev" in a number of colours, and having the name of it contain a colour (blue) would just be confusing and prolly scare non-gamers who Nintendo want to try attract

Are you forgetting the iconic blue light from the DVD drive? Still, I agree, Bluewave doesn't sound so likely, but there's no way a console trying to break into the new massmarket will be called "Revolution".

It'll be called Playstation 4 - Sony have yet to trademark the name and Nintendo feel that no-one will want to buy a PS3 when they see the new, even better PS4. You heard it hear first :yay:

Its not a major task to rename the machine - the Revolution brand has yet to be used in mainstream media.

Its worth bearing in mind that the DS WAS due to have a name change, but feedback to Nintendo was that people actually liked the name. Perhaps similar feedback will ensure the Revolution keeps its name.

Alternatively, perhaps the name will give away the Rev's other secret...

I think it is going to be called something with "Nintendo" and "System" in it. I dont think Revolution will be in it though. Perhaps something that describes motion, or movement or something...

I think it is going to be called something with "Nintendo" and "System" in it. I dont think Revolution will be in it though. Perhaps something that describes motion, or movement or something...

Oh you mean like I said earlier, that it should be called the Nintendo ES (Entertainment System) Because thats what it is.

Oh you mean like I said earlier, that it should be called the Nintendo ES (Entertainment System) Because thats what it is.

much like the NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM

nes_console.jpg

Yea but that's already a name.The first Nintendo Home console name...

much like the NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM

nes_console.jpg

DUH, go back and read why. Plus who says it can't have that name is there a LAW against Using an old name, or why not just call it Nintendo "Console", or better yet Nintendo "Electronic Consumer Product"

Yea but that's already a name.The first Nintendo Home console name...

one name and product comes to mind "IPOD"

It's not too late to change the name if Nintendo feels it needs to be done. Just look at the N64, that was Ultra 64 up until a few months before release. It was even stated in magazines with the Ultra 64 logo. I'm not betting it's going to be BluWave, that's just something someone knocked up from nowhere and has no credibility. The Nintendo 5 logo did seem very professional, but hell who knows.

It's highly unlikely that Nintendo would use an old name,the Ipod is just like different versions of the same product-much like the GBA- only more up to date versions can do videos and pictures.All the Ipods are basically the same thing and that would be why it stay's as Ipod.

It isnt going to be called the NES, they are 2 different systems. Calling it NES Lite does not sound very realistic either to me. Im thinking something like Nintendo Imotion System. Or something else that sounds cool.

Are you forgetting the iconic blue light from the DVD drive? Still, I agree, Bluewave doesn't sound so likely, but there's no way a console trying to break into the new massmarket will be called "Revolution".

when did the blue light reach the status of icon?

And i can see it now:

*Friend comes to house*

Friend: So where's this new Nintendo Bluewave of yours?

Me: Over there under the TV.

Friend: Where?

Me: Here *goes over and points to console*

Friend: Ah, dude, it's black...

Me: Oh but wait till i turn it on....

Friend: Nope, technically it's still black

*Person walks into game store*

Customer: I'd like to buy a bluewave.

Shopkeep: Here's are secletion...*points to boxes*

Customer: I see white, black, red, green....where's the blue?

Shopkeep: Oh you have to turn it on to see the blue::shrug:

Nope don't see it happening unless Nintendo decided to release it in only the one color (Blue) and i think we can all agree that ain't gonna happen

Customer: I want to buy an Xbox 360

Shopkeeper: Here it is..

Customer: But its not round!!

Shopkeeper: What?

Customer: Yes, Xbox 360, a round thing, you know 360 is a circle.

Shopkeeper: eh! You use round discs in it...