NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

GameTrak interview

GameTrak are the makers of GameTrak golf which have a unique control system.

I have it at home and and it works pretty good. But it has a lot of limitations and it's some what imprecise.

In an interview with them they where asked about the revolution and they said this:

"Firstly, we are delighted to learn that Nintendo are really pushing the whole idea of physically interacting with games - this will help us all grow the market.

Until now, we have not been able to spend a lot of time with Nintendo's Revolution. All I can really say on this point is that the developers and publishers, who have worked with both Nintendo's Revolution and Gametrak, have found our system to be a little more flexible."

That has to bee the biggest pile of crap I have heard in a while.

They say this (video)

Is more flexible than a Revolution controller ::shrug:

Gametrack conects your hand by wire. The only way it detects your motion is whit the wire. It doesn't know if you tilt your hand. It doesn't even have the overall preciseness the Revcontroller has...

Interview can be found here:

http://gear.ign.com/articles/701/701865p2.html

But we all know Nintedo is going to sell a lot more games/units/controllers than gametrak ever can.

All I can really say on this point is that the developers and publishers, who have worked with both Nintendo's Revolution and Gametrak, have found our system to be a little more flexible.:laughing:

Your right this is a pile of CRAP. Their system is limited with wires whereas the the possibilaties of the Revolution Controller are limitless

Their just jealous that Nintendo came up with idea first.:grin:

Your right this is a pile of CRAP. Their system is limited with wires

Yeah say you wanna go hit your Caddy for giving you the wrong club. You can't cause you're connected by a wire.

That video is hilarious! :laughing:

If they really believe that crap is better than the revolution controller they're seriously messed up in the head.

The power glove is better than that GameTrak shite.

It's almost as laughable as the microsoft guy saying that retro nintendos games are no fun any more, but pacman (on xbox live) is. Yes....sure it is, it was naff then and even worse now.

Do you recon they actually think anyone will beleive them?

I tested the first gametrak game, a fighting game called darkwind and the thing is a pain in the ass, you can't do anything when your attached too it cause the strings are pulling you back, plus if you do walk any distance then the base unit flips over and goes flying, plus the calibration is really random sometimes, the major problem for me was the wires are always being pulled down to keep the tension so it can measure where you are properly and this puts alot of strain on your back and shoulders when in a boxing type postion, after testing it 6-7 hours a day for 2-3 months I could hardly move my arms up and it took a good 3-4 months for my shoulders to recover:(

otherwise the thing itself is quite good at measuring were you are but the rev controller seems so much better as it can measure a lot more directions and provide much more complicated movements, specifically the wrist rotation.

I don't know how he can say it is more flexible, cause the rev controller is a small remote and the gametrak is a huge heavy thing with wires etc very restricting and it also has less rotation possibilities! I got a free game+gametrak when I left the company and I've only played it twice cause its to big an ass to get out of the box everytime, where as the revmote is gonna be really easy, it just doesn't compare!

Oh well, if they're going to say 'no, theirs is better' they might as well start cleaning their desks today.

Nintendo has far bigger budgets and better R&D teams. Of course the Revolution controller exceeds the Gametrak in every way.

you have to applaud the concept , which is pretty much identical to Nintendo's, but the execution is too cumbersome. Not sure how it is in Europe, but the typical American video game playing slob would rather have a remote in one hand and a beer in the other

you have to applaud the concept , which is pretty much identical to Nintendo's, but the execution is too cumbersome. Not sure how it is in Europe, but the typical American video game playing slob would rather have a remote in one hand and a beer in the other

Yeh, totally agree with you there.

But i'd have to say EVERY gaming slob, if you say just american you'l get flamed because this entire board suspects a hatred for americans...

oh its ok, i live in America, we take pride in that image. Besides, our biggest cultural icons include Al Bundy and Homer Simpson

I would like to know who's those developers are who used both, and like the crappy thing best, if they actually are real...

I tested the first gametrak game, a fighting game called darkwind and the thing is a pain in the ass, you can't do anything when your attached too it cause the strings are pulling you back, plus if you do walk any distance then the base unit flips over and goes flying, plus the calibration is really random sometimes, the major problem for me was the wires are always being pulled down to keep the tension so it can measure where you are properly and this puts alot of strain on your back and shoulders when in a boxing type postion, after testing it 6-7 hours a day for 2-3 months I could hardly move my arms up and it took a good 3-4 months for my shoulders to recover:(

otherwise the thing itself is quite good at measuring were you are but the rev controller seems so much better as it can measure a lot more directions and provide much more complicated movements, specifically the wrist rotation.

I don't know how he can say it is more flexible, cause the rev controller is a small remote and the gametrak is a huge heavy thing with wires etc very restricting and it also has less rotation possibilities! I got a free game+gametrak when I left the company and I've only played it twice cause its to big an ass to get out of the box everytime, where as the revmote is gonna be really easy, it just doesn't compare!

Aye-aye sir!

I've played it too at GameStars Live (#cough#). I also played Darkwind and is true, the calibration is just awful as your point of reference just disappears. It's actual quite difficult to not feel like it is just wasting YOUR time. Plus I'm guessing that the whole thing will break after about a week of having it. Please do not, under no circumstances, compare this to the Revolution FHC.

Rev FTW.

So having wires attached to you and limited space to move is better than being wireless and being able to move,they really didn't need to add that in.Xbox guy saying Nintendo Retro games are no fun,I remember that he's lying even his boss could probably tell if they weren't so bias.

Aye-aye sir!

I've played it too at GameStars Live (#cough#). I also played Darkwind and is true, the calibration is just awful as your point of reference just disappears. It's actual quite difficult to not feel like it is just wasting YOUR time. Plus I'm guessing that the whole thing will break after about a week of having it. Please do not, under no circumstances, compare this to the Revolution FHC.

Rev FTW.

yeah I broke three or four during testing, the clips on the end of the wires were the main problem they broke really easily.

Well it looks like crap and could that guy in the trailer sound any gayer? "Hi! I'm pushing a shitty product and I want to sound like a stereotypical homosexual on happy pills!" Burn down their studios for bringing this crap into the world.

Sign in to follow this