NEurope
bryanee

Raid over the River and Sadness (rev games)

The thing about people saying Red Steel being average as for Rev FPS, well I think at first most Rev games will e extremely fun to play as its such a new way play to games, I think retroispectively some of the earlier games and possible (likely) Red Steel will be pretty formulaic and gimmicky and nowhere near the level of later games, but for the first wave I think a lot of gamesvwill do very well. Bit like when gaming first started, most games were great to play because it was so new and fresh, only years later do most of them show how awful they truly were. I thini we'll see a very similar thing happen!

Sadness sound very cool. It will be creepy in black & white. It reminds me of "Night of the Living Dead".

Hmm I dont think I like the idea of black and white graphics..........But i dont like horror games anyway :P I am excited about rotr and orb, they sound cool. And onm is a disgrace i subscribed after getting my 1st copy out of the shops then i had a letter saying teh next mag will come at ... date. I STILL havent received my mag and the 3rd mag is out tomorrow!!!! I have rang them up several times asking where it is and all they keep saying is we will post you another one -.-

now who thinks i will get issue 3?

I can get it up and when it does the pictures don't appear,i'll try again later.

Shame it got rellogated to the DS?

???

It's on the Revolution and the DS.

The PC version is just a demo.

Bookerman tells me that these pics are from the PC version of the game.

They are, but when NIBRIS's old website was up it said the game would be that quality on the Revolution. It was just being developed on PC as they didn't have a Revolution SDK at the time.

I was told about a week ago the Revolution version was scrapped in favour of a more financially stable DS release.

I guess the Revolution market this early on cannot warrant such a risky title as Raid over the River.

What a funny place to find this information. In a posting over at Crossbeam Studios forums, a team member of the other big indie developer NIBRIS has posted about Sadness.

My name is Piotr Or³owski and I am project Manager of Nibris.

Best Regards for all Croosbeam fans and workers.

We are still in contact with Greg and I hope that it will be great cooperation between this two indie developers :

About Sadness. If you want to finish Sadness you have to play min. 40 hours. This game is really big! When we are creating that horror, we want creating new trends, become somenthing real new. Writing history, we refer from anybody refers before, we trying to fing new sollutions. Border between good and evil is quite thin. Diffrents are subjective. At start I can say, action is situated at beginning of XX century, in a city, what was very important for culture of Central Europe (which I cant tell you for this moment). Screenplay of Sadness count 900 pages! At E3 we will (I hope) show Raide over the River.

At the end of April (if we get perrmision) we will show first screen from Sadness.

At end I want to thank in name of NIBRIS for interest and for scads letter’s from

fans (both Crossbeam and Nibris). Thanks to you, Shigeru Miyamoto presages support for us. I can’t hide that,

this is is a great honour for us. Stay Tuned

Huge thanks to Snuggle for the find! We can also expect some new info coming from Crossbeam Studios very soon, hopefully later today!

in http://gonintendo.com/?p=2248

More than 40 horror hours.... YEAH!!