NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Bren

R.I.P Proof

Well, dunno if any of you are into D12, and i know thats probably gonna mean a few of you, so if you havent heard the news, Proof has been shot dead, in the head outside of a club in detroit.

Bad shit, he was talented, and cleared his beef with one of my favorite artists (esham) about a month before his death.

This is a bad day for rap in general, as gunning down is still goin on, even though thats all they talk about, it shouldnt really happen.

Shit, my mum was in Detroit this afternoon. Wierd.

As for the guy - don't know him but condolences to his family and friends.

I really do hope that this doesn't turn into a "omg, rap music is shit" "he's a rap artist, he deserved to die".

Not really a massive D12 fan, but i do like the odd song. The situation is getting really out of hand now though. Gun crime is terrible. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

I kind of liked D12, Fight Music rocked. Shame to hear that.

Proof's solo album was amazin, and he cancelled out a lot of beef's he had with artists, he was tryin to sort out his battles, and then somethin shit like this happens. Im sure theyr will be an uproar about it all though.

Proof's solo album was amazin, and he cancelled out a lot of beef's he had with artists, he was tryin to sort out his battles, and then somethin shit like this happens. Im sure theyr will be an uproar about it all though.

Sounds like the chap was into causing trouble with all this 'beef'. I'm not trying to be harsh here, but how many of songs included lyrics about guns?.. I don't like making these kind of connections but sometimes you've got to consider them.

Not a D12 fan, don't know who he is. But its pretty shit that someone would randomly shoot him.

Obviously, this is a tragic course of events and I wouldn't wish death on anyone, but it's the roulette that these rappers expose themselves to when they spout this sort of shit:

I'ma knock you ouuuuut

You keep runnin yo' mouuuuuth

Here's how it's gon' beeeee

I can't see it no other way, I gotta be me

I feel sorry for his family, but as Haver said he sorta brought this upon himself. You'd think rappers would have learned by now, this aint the first time this has happened.

Guns dont kill people rappers do,

Ask any politican and they'll tell you its true,

Its a fact music makes you violent,

Like Michael Jackson telling little Timmy to be silent,

You don't believe me? Heres my hype,

Offer me the record and i'll show you the type,

Of criminal this rap shit is breedin,

Its a fact that MC Hammer left me bleedin,

Vanilla Ice made my mother say 'Fuck',

If I stuck with UB40 then I woulda been in luck,

But I didn't I got it wrong,

Cypress fucking hill to me to make a fucking bong,

So I started, I bought another tape,

That bad boy vibe made my cock and balls ache,

So remember kids from the head double tap,

Guns don't kill people its just rap!

Guns don't kill people rappers do

So do the police

Woo Woo Woo

Guns don't kill people rappers do,

I seen it in a documentary on BBC2,

Shot to death outside Hyper Value,

Guns blazin like Michael Cain in Zulu,

Guns with sadistic are sometimes misleading,

The type of criminal that rap is breedin,

Shot in the chest? No wonder you stopped breathin,

2 for the base over, are you receivin?

Remember rap tracks in '87

Scott the Rock's up ni Hip-Hop heaven,

Biggie and Tupac R.I.P,

Even Jam Master Jays in the cemetary.

Guns don't kill people rappers do,

I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you,

As a rapper I'm teachin you a lesson,

AK47 to Smith-and-Weston

Just say no, just like Zappo

Bullet proof vest, to guns and ammo,

Hip-hop gangster trippin,

Even Eminems into pistol whippin,

Its like cluedo murder one,

P-Diddy, J'lo in a nightclub with a gun,

Heard snoop dog now wants to bust a cap,

Guns dont kill people its just rap

One, Two yo face my shoe,

My name is Mike Balls and I'm comin through,

Gun crimes, stabbin, and burglarisation,

Its on a rise all across the nation,

The safety's off and the pistol is aimed,

Yardies and the Mafia always get blamed,

Politicians are shamed, and they haven't got a clue,

Rap is more deadly than fucking Kung-Fu

Guns dont kill people rappers do,

From Bristol Zoo to B&Q,

I wanna rap, I wanna rhyme

Heard it in a song now im into gun crime,

Its a sign of the times like Prince changin his name,

Gotta have a shooter to be in the rap game,

Like Michael Ryan about to snap,

Guns dont kill people its just rap!

--

I hope the US Justice system locks up a load of people who are proven responsible for this shit, end of the day this gun crime celebrity shit needs to stop.

Who's the chick in prison at the moment?

The one who sung the put ya lighters up song?

That's the one, she got the piss taken out of her on Family Guy when Peter reminisces over his horrible time in prison when he was forced to entertain inmates.

Prisoner: Do it again!

Peter: But I just did it..

Prisoner: *pulls down Peter's overalls*

Peter: My milkshake brings all the guys to the yard, damn right it's better than yours damn right but, I, have.. to charge *bursts into tears*

Edit: Here you go..

screenshot792fu.jpg

Yeh I heard about his death. Its pretty sick, a bullet to the head. :red:

Yesturday was indeed a sad day for hip-hop. Proof was my favourite in the group his charisma was great and he seemed like a genuinly nice guy. I remember last summer when the anger management tour was on I saw a program about it and he was fooling about with the fans waiting to get in which i thought was cool. As for the knobs that come in here and make narrow minded comments they need to grow up you don't see the hip-hop community making jokes when people from the rock world die

Its a shame to see all this rap killing is still going on, I heard about this on MTV last night.

Dont know the guy, but even if he did bring it upon himself, no one deserves to be killed (but there are obvious exceptions). Respect to his family.

Rap and Rock are merging a lot this year anyway, Plan B and a ton of other artists are merging it in.. not that Rage Against the Machine didn't do this several years before the likes of Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park came on the scene.

I like a bit of rap but don't venture out of Kanye West territory really.. and he's kinda softcore clean cut rap.

A difference between rap stars and rocks stars is most rock and roll related deaths are self inflicted.. where as rap related deaths tend to involve one rapper going around shooting at other people.

Not that I want to defend the people who came in here slagging off the rap industry.

you don't see the hip-hop community making jokes when people from the rock world die

damn right, and if we did, we'd get it bak 100 times worse.

well even tho a rapper got shot in the face in the US of A,

he is one of the BILLIONS of americans who get shot in the face per day.

well even tho a rapper got shot in the face in the US of A,

he is one of the BILLIONS of americans who get shot in the face per day.

Maybe not billions, but your totally right.

It seems not many of us are willing to give our respect to those who are killed that are not well known, but give all respect to some guy we see on TV or on another medium.

But i do agree with scubahood, people shouldnt joke about death, period. Not just because hiphop community doesnt joke about rock deaths but the rock community jokes about the other side, but we shouldnt do it at all. Its still another life lost.

Maybe not billions, but your totally right.

It seems not many of us are willing to give our respect to those who are killed that are not well known, but give all respect to some guy we see on TV or on another medium.

lol, and spend every second off my day feeling bad for people i dont know? or just pick a certain few, that make me happy with entertainment, or whatever, and respect them.

Yeah i guess your right on that note Fatrox.

But he isnt the only one that has gotten killed by a gun, and if every one has an equal right to life, why must he get more attention?

But I guess thats all changed now, we have the media, 'important' figures of society and so on.

Im confusing myself now, im gonna stop =P

he gets more attention, coz more people want to know about him, and whats bad about all this attention? Helps get the word out that guns are bad lol.

and on another note, police have confirmed that proof shot first,

Sign in to follow this