NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Blackfox

Blocked MSN attachments.

For some reason - some utter fuckwit at Microsoft decided that music files are dangerous to my computer and hence they are now blocked from opening. How can I change this so that they are not?

Thanks.

Trillian? :D

Heh, i dunno really as far as i'm aware theres no way around this. Sorry Blackfox.

Oh lord... I'd delete that but that be retarded. Ah well, not discussed here its all good.

*walks off humming*

I think that if you right click on the file and choose properties, there's a button which allows you to use the file.

Usually MSN saves the files to my files\received files . Just checked, a couple of music files were blocked on my pc as well. But they weren't when I received them a month or two ago...

I don't know if it's the same problem but I once wanted to send a zip file and it was blocked from sending so I renamed it to jpg and everything worked well.

Yeah, change the extension, or better still compress it with 7z and save bandwidth!

I'm giving Trillian Pro a whirl at the moment. Its alright. I'll see if I can stick with it.

http://www.a-patch.tk

Can remove the blocked files, and other annoying features.

All the other features worked perfectly, but files are still being blocked. Least there is GMail. Thanks anyway.

Just don't click the link to the file it gives you. You'll just have to navigate to the file yourself. If you click the link windows will delete the file. I.e you can't get it back unless you use a program to recover it. Although when I did all the mp3 files that I recovered had been merged into one really dodgy song.

Had the same problem, switch to a less bloated client without animated smilies, winks, nudges, webcam, hassle yawn.

For msn go to:

http://www.mess.be

in the 4th dropdown box click 'search our files'

search for "mess patch"

download the latest one and run it.

it's definitely the best msn patch out there, gives you the option to change dozens of things from ad-removal to layout, shape, games and the blocking of various extensions.

I'm giving Trillian Pro a whirl at the moment. Its alright. I'll see if I can stick with it.

Not hard to tell who got to ya! :indeed:

Sign in to follow this