NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CoolFunkMan

I'm screwed (lost phone)...

Well, I've got back from a great night out to come home to a tragic end. I seem to have lost my phone. I tried ringing my number off the house phone earlier, to no avail. However, it seems to be ringing now... which seems kinda dodgy to me.

I caught a taxi home with a friend and that's the only place I can think where it could deffinatley be. However, my friend called the taxi and I didn't take note of the company. I can't call her either because her number is on my mobile and I can't remember her number. Shit. I've tried one or two companies that I think might have been the right one, but they've said they had no calls from where my friend and I caught it from.

I also got my mp3 player out to listen to some music as I was walking down the road, so it might have fell out then. Though I made a very careful check around the area and saw nothing.

I really have no idea what to do now.... help? :weep:

EDIT: I managed to find the Vodafone number, and my sim is now barred. Now all I gotta do is to try and find the actual phone... great.... ¬¬ Urgh, screw this - I really need to go to bed. I can't concentrate like this....

That's really unlucky, and after such a great night as well. :(

There's not really much that you can do. If you've got msn, try signing in and asking people for you friend's number if you need it.

Edit: I was just about to suggest barring the sim card. :p

If you have the serial number of the phone (usually sticked onto the box - if you still have that) then get that barred.

Chances are - if it was lost in the taxi then they suddenly ring you up saying they found a phone..

you could just accept the loss and block it or else ring round everywhere in a desperate attempt to get it. phones should have tracking devices in them and you could just like log on to a site type a code in and hey presto that where the phones is . . . they do it with children in japan lol

one can dream!

Ha ha, I lost my phone last month, it's horrible, you feel naked without it!

Got one back through insurance but lost all those numbers I had, still getting texts off people that I'm not sure who they are!

Thanks for the help/support guys!

I've tried asking at the taxi places and one said to call them back about 6pm after the end of the day shifts. Here's hoping.

The phone was bought off a mate of mine a few years back so I'm missing some of the original stuff for it. This also means that it's not insured. Bugger. If worst comes to the worst I'll just get a new phone on contract. I was on pay as you go, but it was costing me loads anyway.

No big loss then. Cheer up. Email you friends for their numbers, and this time write them down!

No big loss then. Cheer up. Email you friends for their numbers, and this time write them down!

All I can say is thank god for msn, it's seriously useful in this kinda situation. I'm not stressed out now either. I was just panicing when I started the thread, prolly because I was a tad drunk when I got back this morning... :red:

It was only a 7210 anyway, and I've been planning on getting a new phone for a while (the V3 Razar looks nice.) If I'd lost my mp3 player though I'd be going mental right now.

Some I'd recommend are the Samsung D600, SE k750/w800/w810, generally Nokia's are always decent too! Motorola's in general just aren't that great in comparison!

The only good thing about the V3 are it's looks!

Yeah don't get a v3, i personally find the keypad a bugger and with it being slim it has little memory.

Wern't they discontinued anyway?

Thanks again folks! You're great help. :)

I've been looking around and found this: http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=offers.pressoffers

Some bloody great deals there imo, the Z500 stands out for me at the moment (only because it's the cheapest though.) :p

Oh and this may be a little late, but just in case it happens again i'd recommend one of these:

http://play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=GADG&title=587000&p=439&g=539&pa=sr

That's one of the coolest ideas I've ever seen. Thanks for that, I'll pick one up soon.

Thanks for the help everyone. I got myself a shiny new Samsung D600. Brilliant phone!

I'm with Vodafone on contract for 30 quid a month. I get 200 mins calling time and.... unlimited texts, so it's all good! :D

This has just happened to me. Was playing basketball and football and I can remember picking up the basketball as we left, but not my mobile. Three hours later I realise I've lost it. Rang it but its now turned off (intially they hung up). Got it bared.

Im not letting this rest, im going Veronica Mars on this person arse. There were chavs around, several witnesses. How hard can it be to track down a few chavs? Need to plot.

Ironic thing, when I saw this topic before I searched for a tracking device but none of them were small enough to fit into a phone.

Sign in to follow this