N-Europe

Wanna go to E3?

Retro_Link

http://www.cubed3.com/news/4895

E3 Staff Needed Urgently

As one of the largest Nintendo sites on the Internet we can get into E3 for hands on coverage of the event, sadly we are far from the richest Nintendo site on the Internet, so we can't fly all the way over the Atlantic to be there. This is where you come in.

If you are:

• 18 years old or more

• Able to get to LA for E3 in May

• Literate, hard work and willing to both write and take photographs for us.

The deadline for applications is April 13th (yes we know, only a couple of days away), so if you fit the bill PLEASE get in touch with us as soon as possible and be prepare to move quickly to get your registration for the event completed on time. Oh, and we should be able to get you in to the Nintendo E3 Media Briefing...

Please contact James Temperton jtemperton[at]cubed3[dot]com to let us know your availability.

http://e3expo.com/media/registration.aspx

Sounds cool!!

This is bound to be one of the best E3's ever thanks to Nintendo!

It's a pretty amazing opportunity for anyone who can make it;

especially if this is an area of work you're interested in (it would be great work experience)!

so basically you pay for flights and hotel, they pay for your ticket and give u press status, i could do the same just no money. it was e3 or a new pc.

i will probably try next year or the year after. japan is the next priority

but yes, im sure u have to pay for flights etc

I've spoken to James, they really want someone able to commute each day because they don't want to pay for accomodation.

Thus unless you have more money than sense- this is only for US citizens.

I'd rather try and go on a press scholarship (where you have to work for it)

tbh I disagree with your more money than sense statement - I'd quite like to go to america, would be a cool experience, I wouldn't go just for E3 though, I'd stay over for at least another week. infact, I may talk to one of my friends, go on a trip together. what is a bit of a shame is the short notice.

Oh well.

Cost:Gain ratio- not great

It is not exact a relaxing holiday is it? But of course if America is something exotic that you'd enjoy then I guess it could count as a holiday.

I see myself on Hawaii surfing more than in a press event with a bunch of w00ting news dorks.

So if I got this right I would pay a flight to LA, hotel, food and then I should work for that site so I "MAY" get into the Nintendo press conference. What a awesome deal...

As if it is that hard to get a E3 badge...

I also think smaller sites who can't afford to send someone down there should simply just cover the event in a other way. Let IGN, Gamespot, etc. do it - save the money and try when you have the money.

I think it would be good if they subsidised this, definitely, but they are being pretty open that you have to pay, so its pretty much "if you want to go to E3 and are willing to pay"

being paid to go would be alot better though, and would encourage people more.

and could be used to ensure they get content:P

current arrangements wise I would be unsurprised to find the person who went didn't send them anything (or just copied and pasted from random sites :P)

At least they could pay for a decent accomodation and fast food. After all they could get a lot of exclusive information when the person is happy. Live blogging with pictures, interviews, screenshots, hands on with certain games. That is something where you have to be there and to be honest - if you want to become a good gaming site you have to spend money. I am sure that 2-3 banner ads on Revolution Europe plus being a AMN daughter/son would make enough money to send someone down to LA.

Cubed3 is a pretty small site, but if you want to make it into the press industry something like this can be your big break- you'd probably get a job if you had such a referral and that in the portfolio.

Real magazines and websites don't care much for degrees these days, they want experience.

It's a pricey business but this'd be a good oppurtunity like the newsround press packs, except the BBC pay for that ;)

Guest Stefkov

id love to go to E3 but theres one small problem, im only 15!, damit, this feeble world, why cant we have time travel!!! or something to make me look and act 18 (not that i dont) so i can go!.

damn please keep this thread away from me, if not at east dont announce whos going, that woud result in lots of garden rakes with blood on it.