NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
KingOfHyrule

Marmite anyone?

The age old "Love It or Hate It" campaign - which side are you on?

Personally I love it, it's close to an addiction for me. The best way for it is on a toasted brown-bread heel with butter - fuckin' great stuff :wink:

Being Irish none of my family understand it lol they'd sooner eat shite off a shiny shovel...

I do like marmite, but if butter is included in the sandwich as well I find that it clashes with the marmite (the same goes with peanut butter, well, I wouldn't have that with marmite, the no-butter rule applies to it as well).

Hehe, i think i made a thread liek this ages ago on CE :P

Anyways, i love the stuff. Apple summed up my feelings exactly.

I do like marmite, but if butter is included in the sandwich as well I find that it clashes with the marmite (the same goes with peanut butter, well, I wouldn't have that with marmite, the no-butter rule applies to it as well).

I never dare try foods like that. I generaly don't dare to try any food new.

Loosen up a bit there Yoda, I've found that some of the nicest things I've ever tried were things I wasn't too sure about beforehand.

The best way for it is on a toasted brown-bread heel with butter

That's the second best way for me.

First is spread thinly over my lover's naked body.

(Providing he's had a shower and shave before hand).

That's the second best way for me.

First is spread thinly over my lover's naked body.

(Providing he's had a shower and shave before hand).

I laughed, I coughed, I cradled my acheing chest.

I love the stuff.

The best way i like it is on a non-toasted piece of non-crusty white bread with butter.

Argh, Eww, Ick!

These are some of the many noises I make if I ever consume marmite.

Absolutely love it. Every morning i have a slice of toast with butter and loooads of marmite on it. Heaven. Last night I had a conversation with a guy i met about marmite and apparently you can make it into a drink. Sounds weird. But we were drunk when he told me..so who knows.

Argh, Eww, Ick!

These are some of the many noises I make if I ever consume marmite.

Most of the noises I hear from people range from "Holy fuck! Eugggghhh!" to "Jesus Christ almightly Seán, how can you eat this ballix??"

Absolutely love it. Every morning i have a slice of toast with butter and loooads of marmite on it. Heaven. Last night I had a conversation with a guy i met about marmite and apparently you can make it into a drink. Sounds weird. But we were drunk when he told me..so who knows.

It's true, just mix it with hot water, my gran always used to make it for me in the winter.

She's dead now... oh God maybe it was the Marmite drinks that killed her.

LUVS IT! anyone ever tried vitam-r though? it's even better than marmite, you can get it from most supermarkets. it smells like my grandma too :happy:

LUVS IT! anyone ever tried vitam-r though? it's even better than marmite, you can get it from most supermarkets. it smells like my grandma too :happy:

My Gran smells like Silk Cut super lows.

My Gran smells like Silk Cut super lows.

that's what my other gran used to smell like. she doesn't smell of anything any more :weep: actually, she probably smells a lot worse if she's been six feet under for ten years lol

I love it !

Have it every morning on wholewheat bread and spread it on extra thick.

I go through about one big jar every two weeks.

Nothing better in the morning than a cup a tea, marmite on toast and a bit of fruit musli.

Yum

Although I've never tasted it in my life, I'm gonna decide that I hate Marmite. The main reason is cos it just doesn't look very appealing. :hmm:

Marmite is nice, if strong, stuff. I can eat it combined with spread, or hell, combined with peanut butter, live life on the edge, I don't give a shit.

What is Marmite actualy made from? What's it actualy meant to taste like?

Its meant to taste like marmite. Read the wiki.

Marmite is nice, if strong, stuff. I can eat it combined with spread, or hell, combined with peanut butter, live life on the edge, I don't give a shit.

:bow: you rebel!

Sign in to follow this