NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ThePigMarcher

N64 Must Buys (please)

Perfect Dark

Pokemon Stadium (In it's day it was cool[yeah I was ten{a foolish ten years of age}])

Tom and Jerry in the fists of Fury

I'm just 2 games away from a full PAL N64 first-party-published collection (sadly the expensive Paper Mario suffered at the hands of Royal Mail and is now floating around in the wilderness).

The best of them (that haven't been repeated a dozen times above) are:

Pilotwings 64 - Took me a while to get into it, but it's a relaxing game to play at times... which is always nice.

Tetrisphere - Only if you like puzzling. Once you understand what's going on this is a very addictive game.

Star Wars Episode I Racer - Yes, it's based on Episode I... but it's also an extremely fast, tricky and awesome N64 racer. Almost gives F-Zero X a run for its money.

Ridge Racer 64 - A very good racing game. Better than the DS version at any rate.

Mario Tennis - Forget Mario Party... this is the multiplayer game of choice once SSB is done and dusted.

Pokemon Puzzle Challenge - Hey, it's Tetris Attack. Even if you don't like Pokemon all that much, there's no excuse not to like Tetris Attack!

And then all the usual Rare games... always a treat, even today. Banjo-Tooie, especially, is a behemoth that should keep even platforming masters busy for a LONG time.

Paper Mario

Lylat Wars (get rumble Pak)

Piolet Wings

Wave Race

Mario Tennis

Mario Kart

Bangoe Kanzooie

Cokers Bad Fur Day

F-Zero X

Blast Corps

Jet Force Gemini

ISS 64

Donkey Kong 64

Diddy Kong Racing

Cheers for the replies people . There is a lot of games that you mentioned that I never got round to playing , or had just plain forgotten about - so it will be an interesting gaming journey.

Incidently , managed to score an N64 on ebay , with a memory pac , expansion pac , Turok 2 , Goldeneye , Zelda OOT and Duke Nukem for only 20 notes. Only iffy game is Duke Nukem but around a decent deal I reckon. Plenty of gameplay in that lot , and got a good excuse to go through OOT again.

Am now spending too much time on ebay looking for some bargain prices on some of the games you lot listed , so thanks again.

Jet Force Gemini was one of my most favourite games when I had my N64. I also recommend that you pick it up. The soundtrack to that game kicks arse aswell, and still stands tall to this very day.

Another game worth mentioning(that hasn't already been, there are loads of kickass games in this thread) is Extreme-G (the first one), it's IMO one of the best futuristic racers out there, with probably only F-Zero GX(perhaps X) beating it.

You must play Banjo-Tooie. The first one is great, but Tooie is absolutely amazing!

Space Station Silicon Valley is a great overlooked gem. It's a sort of platformer/puzzle game where you control a microchip that can possess all sorts of animals. If you like platformers, grab Rayman 2 (it's much better than any of the other games) and Donkey Kong 64 (provided you don't mind collecting heaps of stuff). Winback is anothe really nice title that got absolutely no recognition.

And the obvious - Super Mario 64, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask.

My ideas:

Conkers

Paper Mario

Excitebike 64

Super Smash Brothers

Mario Tennis

Goldeneye

Super Mario 64

International Track and Field: Summer Games

Perfect Dark

007 The World Is Not Enough

Lylat Wars

Zelda Ocarina Of Time (YOU MUST get this, of course everyone knows that)

Zelda Majoras Mask (I would of loved this game, but i never fully understood the clock and saving etc.. and for me i didn't like the way you had to rush, it probably was really simple to understand but i just couldn't 'get' it)

Theres more, i just can't think of them. :grin:

Although most will disagree, I liked Kirby Crystal shards. The only problem for me was the price of £60 at the time.

F-Zero X too.

Only problem? The main problem is actually finding the game.

Look into Hybrid heaven a quite overlooked game but is great fun to play through. and heres another point for body harvest overlooked but excellent and very difficult.

Super smash bros,

Star wars Rogue squadron

Lylat wars/Star fox 64

Banjo Kazooie

Banjo tooie

Hydro thunder

Perfect dark (exceptionally good)

Mario Tennis

Mario Party 3

You got an N64?

Then you MUST own:

-Super mario 64

-Goldeneye!!

-Banjo Kazooie/Tooie

-Perfect Dark

-Castlevania Legacy of darkness

-Donkey Kong 64

-Zelda Ocarina of time

and...last but not least Conkers BFD if you can find if for under 50 £...

After a busy weekend on ebay , I have managed to acquire the following games -

Banjo Kazooie

Blast Corps

Turok

F Zero

Perfect Dark

Extreme G

Road Rash (yeah i know , but always loved it....)

Mario 64

All were boxed with manuals (except Mario) and including p&p came in at a total just under 50 notes , not bad I reckon.

Problem now , is there anyone on these boards who is willing to take the missus and kids of my hands so I can find the time to play them.

Who doesn't like Pokemon Snap? I've never met anyone who doesn't like it... EVER!

Everyone I know not online said it was "boring". I've also never seen it in any favorite lists etc.

Forget all previous lists.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Zelda: Majora's Mask

Banjo Kazooie

Perfect Dark

That is all.

Since my last post I have managed to get hold of :-

Zelda - Majoras Mask

Diddy Kong Racing

Waverace

Lylat Wars

Mario Kart

Yoshis Story

Donkey Kong

Paper Mario

Command and Conquer

I am still awaiting delivery for the last two , but the ever growing list of games explains my absence from the boards lately. Next on the list are :-

Conkers (expensive)

Excitebike

Harvest Moon (rare and very expensive)

Mario Golf

Mario Tennis

After that I reckon I should be done.

Incidently , I know I was guilty of giving up on the console early and I am probably preaching to the converted , but why the hell is the N64 so under-rated by many. The last week or so has been a mindblowing week and due to the quantity of games I have got , I have only just scratched the surface of many of them , but bloody hell , these are truly awesome games , so surely the N64 deserved so much more love than it got.

Paper mario if you can find it, toruk isn't to bad and is easy to find real cheap, you could just wait intill the rev. and download the games instead.

The reason the N64 was so under-rated was beacuse of the Playstation. This was when the Playstation hype was in full swing and that and its games got most of the attention. Also the price of the n64 and its games didnt help the matter. Personally i loved ( and still do ) the N64 and its games to bits. Sure they didnt have the vast range of the Playstation but they had the quality games. A bit like the Sega Saturn really.

I loved pokemon snap. Paper MArio i want but is a bugger to get cheaop 1 word-banjokazooie

Sign in to follow this