N-Europe

911 operator ignores call

arab_freak

Guest Stefkov

thats just really stupid! even if it is a kid playing osmoen should have gone round there sooner than 3 hours later!

That is well out of order the person reposonsible for thinking it was a hox should he sacked and finned. What an idoit, the person will now have to life with the death of the woman "on there hands", all calls should all be treated serously.

Stupid person, i hope thyey're sitting at home and crying over what they've done.

Thats pretty evil. It was stupid of the person to think it was a hoax, but can you even imagine how bad they feel. I'd be distraught..I wouldn't know what to do with myself for weeks.

These people are trained thoroughly and hoax calls are usually so easy you could spot them a mile off.

It is of course a great shame but this case is in the extreme minority.. It is a great shame but we just don't have the resources to respond to every call.

I'm not advocating what the rep did, and I'm sure she's fucked up herself and probably seeing a psychologist now to see if she is mentaly stable but also fit to work.

It is not unavoidable though.

In an audio of the tape played on TV, some of what the boy says is unintelligible.

Well what exactly did the kid say? I've read the article several times and I don't see a quote. If he actually said 'my mum is dying', then this is out of order. But I suspect this is just sensationalist journalism.

being an upset 5 year old it may have been that he was unable to speak very intelligibly - it was mentioned in the article for some periods the child was uninteligible - and fair enough under those circumstances.

the operator may have heard what sounded like a child who had gotten to a phone and unmaliciously made a prank phone call.

now, the older kids of the woman who died won't want to blame their 5 year old brother - obviously, not his fault.

its possible that the kid was told to dial 911, and that was all he understood of what was happening, and that his mum was lying down.

so perhaps the operator understood his mum was sleeping, and while she was having a nap he had reached the phone, played with it and gotten through to 911.

the kid was 5 FFS. how intelligent do you want the kid to be. if she thought it was a hoax she should have sent someone round.

i totally blame her. the finger has to be pointed and i point it at the operator. they are the first contact incase of an emergency. they should never ignore a single thing.

the kid was 5 FFS. how intelligent do you want the kid to be. if she thought it was a hoax she should have sent someone round.

i totally blame her. the finger has to be pointed and i point it at the operator. they are the first contact incase of an emergency. they should never ignore a single thing.

does someone have to be blamed?and who says anything was ignored?

how about this.

operator sends an ambulance, fire engine and police man to a call from a unintelligible 5 year old.

they find out the mother was asleep, and the child was innocently playing with the phone.

in the mean time, because the ambulance, fire engine and police car are unavailable a mad man shoots 3 people dead, a man dies of a heart attack and a family of 4 get burnt alive.

taking it extreme, but people who actually know about the situation etc. will deal with this.

It may involve a change to protocol, it may find the operator was at fault, or that the police were (who knows, the police may have given this a lower priority)

the hypocrisy in these forums is comical.

Fuckin stupid yanks. I'm sorry for my langauge, but that really pisses me off. :mad:

shouldn't you be happy, since one less of those "Fuckin stupid yanks" exist now?

look pestneb what i said is she should have atleast sent a police car out. they get there see whats going on women could be alive. 1 police car is all it would have taken.

but we don't know the situation.

there may only have been one car available. they have two calls.

1)confirmed crime, happening now, possibly violent, immediate danger to the public.

2)little kid has gotten to a phone.

imagine your significant other, or a parent, got stabbed and consequentally died, you then find out "sorry, a police officer who could have prevented your loved ones death was busy telling off a little 5 year old who phoned 911"

the police car may have been sent out, but they have to work on the info they have, they can't IGNORE information they do have, just in case the information they don't have would alter their action.

all I ask is that you appreciate and consider

1)there aren't an infinite number of emergency service vehicles and operators.

2)emergency service phone operators have a large work load

3)espo's are trained in their job, and know how to do it better than we do (I hope :P)

4)this is a one off.

5)work has to be prioritised based on what is known, not on what is speculated.

she threatened to send a police car round and if i am making assumption youseem to be making a whole lot yourself.

1 police car with all the cars they have 1 to save a life is not unlikely is it? instead it was ignored. someone died those are the facts.

That is really tragic, I think she should have sent a police car at least, after all the boy was at home (I think she can trace it or hope so) and if he was playing a prank the police could tell him not to do this anymore in their convincing ways, unlike if he phones from a booth.

But besides blaming it on her we should blame it on all those people that report hoaxes. They also killed her and many others because if all calls to 911 were serious, there wouldn't be a need to check if they are real or not but whenever someone calls the ambulance or whatever can be sent out immediately.

That is really tragic, I think she should have sent a police car at least, after all the boy was at home (I think she can trace it or hope so) and if he was playing a prank the police could tell him not to do this anymore in their convincing ways, unlike if he phones from a booth.

But besides blaming it on her we should blame it on all those people that report hoaxes. They also killed her and many others because if all calls to 911 were serious, there wouldn't be a need to check if they are real or not but whenever someone calls the ambulance or whatever can be sent out immediately.

agreed. - Zim, it doesn't sound good for the operator, but pure news isn't common now, its always flavoured as "this is particularly good" or "this is evil"

neutrality doesn't sell.