NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

Anyone watch the Christmas special? I did and watched it again today as it was repeated. I thought it was good, and then better today when I seen it again. I thought that man played his part well, but I'm glad he won't actually be the next Doctor at any point because he was a bit too smarmy and cocky when in Doctor-mode. I also like the way they seem to be playing more and more on the Doctors lonliness- he has that happy, adventuring exterior, but underneath there's emptiness.

Don't suppose anyone caught the Doctor Who Proms thing this afternoon? Twas decent!

Anyone watch the Christmas special? I did and watched it again today as it was repeated. I thought it was good, and then better today when I seen it again. I thought that man played his part well, but I'm glad he won't actually be the next Doctor at any point because he was a bit too smarmy and cocky when in Doctor-mode. I also like the way they seem to be playing more and more on the Doctors lonliness- he has that happy, adventuring exterior, but underneath there's emptiness.

Don't suppose anyone caught the Doctor Who Proms thing this afternoon? Twas decent!

I caught both, unfortunately my recordings of Wallace and Gromit and Doctor Who were cancelled on Christmas Day. It was excellent, much better than Kylie's outing.

I personally thought it was the weakest so far, it sorta went downhill as more was revealed, but i loved the uber smart/willed woman, gidean or someting. And the proms thing was so amazing =D brings back so many memories =]

I personally thought it was the weakest so far, it sorta went downhill as more was revealed, but i loved the uber smart/willed woman, gidean or someting.

I thought the same. I think Doctor Who needs a small break, and then to come back with someone else in charge.

I thought the same. I think Doctor Who needs a small break, and then to come back with someone else in charge.

You mean just as is... kind of... happening...?

I personally thought it was the weakest so far

Did you get the chance to see Voyage of the Damned and the Abzorbaloff episode?

i meant in terms of specials. what happened in votd anyway? i can't remember...or is that the titanic one? and i liked the abzorbaloff but only because it had elo music in it.

i meant in terms of specials. what happened in votd anyway? i can't remember...or is that the titanic one? and i liked the abzorbaloff but only because it had elo music in it.

Yes, the Titanic episode.

New Doctor to be announced tomorrow.

Link

The name of the actor who will replace David Tennant as Doctor Who will be announced on Saturday.

Tennant said in October that he would stand down from the show after filming four special episodes in 2009.

His replacement - the eleventh Doctor of the TV series - will be revealed in a Doctor Who Confidential programme on BBC One at 1735 on 3 January.

The casting was confirmed over Christmas and filming for the 2010 series begins in the summer.

Tennant is due to begin shooting the first of his four specials this month, just weeks after surgery on his back.

The last of these episodes is expected to run in early 2010.

'Nail-biting Christmas'

The casting decision has been a priority for the show's new creative team, led by executive producers Steven Moffat and Piers Wenger.

THE 10 DOCTORS

1. William Hartnell

2. Patrick Troughton

3. Jon Pertwee

4. Tom Baker (pictured)

5. Peter Davison

6. Colin Baker

7. Sylvester McCoy

8. Paul McGann

9. Christopher Eccleston

10. David Tennant

11. ???

The BBC said that in Saturday's Doctor Who special "the actor playing the new Doctor will be giving his or her initial reaction" to becoming TV's most famous time traveller.

Wenger, head of drama at BBC Wales, said: "We believe the actor is going to bring something very special to the role and will make it absolutely their own.

"I just can't wait to tell everyone who it is - it has been a nail-biting Christmas trying to keep this under wraps!"

Shortly after Tennant's announcement, bookmakers were tipping several well-known names as the next actor (or actress) to step into the Tardis.

Murphy's Law and Cold Feet star James Nesbitt emerged as one of the favourites, along with Paterson Joseph, John Simm and David Morrissey - who appeared in the 2008 Christmas special.

Paterson Joseph, who recently starred in Survivors and appeared in two Doctor Who episodes in 2005, has said "any actor would love the challenge" of playing the Time Lord.

Bookmakers made him an early favourite - offering odds of 3-1 on him becoming the first black Doctor.

Comedian Jennifer Saunders, former Doctor Who assistant Billie Piper and film star Catherine Zeta Jones have also been mentioned in connection with the role.

The show's outgoing executive producer Russell T Davies said last month: "Whoever becomes the Doctor has got to take on a whole life. It's not just becoming a part of a TV show."

In October, when Tennant was asked who he thought should replace him, he joked: "Well, I've always been a big supporter of Wee Jimmy Krankie!"

Doctor Who began in 1963, and seven actors played the Doctor before the show was dropped in 1989.

After a TV movie in 1996 - starring Paul McGann - the TV series returned in 2005 with Christopher Eccleston in the lead role. Tennant took over the role the same year.

Hints?

In recent weeks prominent actors including James Nesbitt, David Walliams and David Morrissey, who starred alongside Tennant in the Christmas Day Doctor Who special, have been linked with the role by bookmakers.

Less obvious names mentioned as potential replacements for Tennant have included Paterson Joseph, perhaps best known as Johnson in Peep Show, and more recently seen in BBC1's Survivors; Dirty Pretty Things actor Chiwetel Ejiofor; Ben Wishaw, whose credits include Criminal Justice; and Russell Tovey, who was in last year's Doctor Who Christmas special and also appeared in recent BBC1 Dickens adaptation Little Dorrit.

"We believe the actor is going to bring something very special to the role and will make it absolutely their own. It has been a nail-biting Christmas trying to keep this under wraps," Wenger said.

The BBC added that choosing the next Doctor Who now was "job number one" so that scripts could be finalised and shooting could begin in the summer on series five of the show for broadcast in 2010, even though Tennant will not bow out until the Christmas 2009 special.

Walliams is a prominant actor?

I'd love to see Ejiofor in the role, but he can do better.

If it is James Nesbitt I'll eat my eyes. I hate that c*nt.

If it is James Nesbitt I will eat Daft's ears for him.

Anyway. The one in the xmas special, didn't like him, please don't let it be him. Please.

Edit: lol, eyes. It was eyes.

A) Whats Dafts ears got to do with anything lol/.

B) Ewww you're a Doctor Who person....

Anyway. The one in the xmas special, didn't like him, please don't let it be him. Please.

Are you coming on to me? :p

I wasn't planning on eating my ears but now that you say it it'd mean I wouldn't have to hear the smug git! :heh:

B) Ewww you're a Doctor Who person....

Yes I dabble, what of it?. Not very often, but it can be fun.

(Eyes eyes I know, that joke went tits up, heh).

I cant decide who I would want to be the new Doctor. I think its a hard thing to decide as you just dont know how they would play it and David Tennant is such a hard Doctor to follow.

(Eyes eyes I know, that joke went tits up, heh).

I hear ya........

Yes I dabble, what of it?.

I expected more in all honesty. ;)