NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

Oh dear, it was the Martha Jones show.

All so predictable too.

Be glad that we are not getting another spin off from them. Martha Jones : NHS Doctor anyone?

Why does everyone think Martha is gone? I bet shes back in the next (not christmas) episode!

Oh dear, it was the Martha Jones show.

All so predictable too.

Yeah is was predictable but the only thing I like was The Master said about the past (The Sea Devils and The Claws of Axos).

I saw little point in Martha's character.

She never gave much to the plot and she wasn't even developed very well.

Give us someone decent... please.

I do agree they never seemed to use Martha for anything worthwhile. Being a doctor herself, they should at least had her arms deep inside someones (or better yet, something's) chest with a pair of salad tongs and a sweet wrapper at somepoint or something.

I was just thinking, Martha could actually appear in Torchwood for a more 'adult' role, seeing as she and Jack know one another now. Maybe then she can do some operating.

I read a 60 interview with Martha in the METRO paper, where she said she wasn't being sacked at the end of the series and she didn't like seeing that story in the papers, so it seems likely she will call the doctor and be back for series 4, or a few episodes in series 4 at least!

Enjoyed todays episode! The 'Face of Bo' reference was a good one!

According to the Mirror article, there will be a new companion in the TARDIS from next year: "A show insider reveals: 'Martha will still be in Doctor Who, but her relationship with the doctor will have changed. The truth is that she loves him but he doesn't feel the same way. She is going to have to share him because he'll be getting a different sidekick. And this is a major addition to the cast.'"

The article goes on to mention that Martha won't be in every episode next year, but will appear in the occasional episode for both Doctor Who and Torchwood. The item also repeats previous reports that singer Kylie Minogue will be the (only) companion in this year's Christmas Special.

Kylie...

Minogue...?

If thats true, then god help us all.

Why the hell would an Austrialian be getting on the freaking Titanic.

Kylie...

Minogue...?

If thats true, then god help us all.

Why the hell would an Austrialian be getting on the freaking Titanic.

She'll probably just put on some lame accent.

Todays episode dissapointed me. John Simms was great, but the Jesus-doctor element ruined it for me. Jack is the face of boa? Who'd of thought it? As for Kylie, lets hope she is a British or American citizen on the Titanic. Both for historical accuracy and to save us all from her God awful Australian accent.

I liked this episode. Great soundtrack too.

Overall, I think this was my favourite season (out of the past three) so far.

shes gone now, no more jones shows now

Don't be so sure about that. She's apparently in and out of Series 4 (possibly gets kidnapped by aliens), and is in Torchwood too.

According to the Mirror article, there will be a new companion in the TARDIS from next year: "A show insider reveals: 'Martha will still be in Doctor Who, but her relationship with the doctor will have changed. The truth is that she loves him but he doesn't feel the same way. She is going to have to share him because he'll be getting a different sidekick. And this is a major addition to the cast.'"

The article goes on to mention that Martha won't be in every episode next year, but will appear in the occasional episode for both Doctor Who and Torchwood. The item also repeats previous reports that singer Kylie Minogue will be the (only) companion in this year's Christmas Special.

What's the betting she's phoning up every other episode with one of her family members having conveniently discovered some dastardly alien plot.

Big announcement tomorrow, in regards to Martha Jones/Freema Agyeman and the major guest star in the Christmas special (Kylie Minogue).

My bet is the rumours about on/off DW appearances and the move to Torchwood are true. There's nothing particularly wrong about the character or actress.

Very enjoyable episode.

Loved the Titanic bit. Can't wait for Torchwood now.

What's the betting she's phoning up every other episode with one of her family members having conveniently discovered some dastardly alien plot.

You should spoiler that, don't want season 4 ruined for everybody.

You should spoiler that, don't want season 4 ruined for everybody.

Don't need me for that, the BBC do a fine job of it themselves. I mean, leaking the plots for the entire series before the first episode has even aired.

Don't need me for that, the BBC do a fine job of it themselves. I mean, leaking the plots for the entire series before the first episode has even aired.

true true...so very true...the trailers are always over long and releasing episode names so far in advance is a big mistake...

Martha meh, she wasn't that great. It was annoying to have another woman falling for the Doctor and really this time with the Doctor still in love with Rose. Perhaps a male companion this time round, although this current iteration of Doctor Who seems to be very reliant on the male/female dynamic... I think it is the right time for Martha to go and agree she would work well in the odd Torchwood episode (really should get round to watching the 1st series)

Jack being the Face of Boh is an odd development, but does explain how he knew the doctor wasn't alone as will have experienced all the stuff with the master that happened in the last few episodes...

Just to pick up on a few things rokhed00 said, I have to say as much as I love John Simms (The Milky bar's are on me!) and his performance was stellar, he was not the master, he seemed mad and a bit of lose cannon rather than truly evil although his plan was pretty evil. looks like we will see more of the doctor with his ring seemingly being retrieved from his burning ashes. Hopefully he won't come back from his ashes as a snake like he did in the Paul McGann film (let us not forget if that had kicked off we would be having an american produced Dr.Who on our screens)...

I've just remembered my favourite quote.

(The Master wheels the Doctor in front of the camera)

MASTER: "Say hello, Gandalf."

Just to pick up on a few things rokhed00 said, I have to say as much as I love John Simms (The Milky bar's are on me!) and his performance was stellar, he was not the master, he seemed mad and a bit of lose cannon rather than truly evil although his plan was pretty evil. looks like we will see more of the doctor with his ring seemingly being retrieved from his burning ashes. Hopefully he won't come back from his ashes as a snake like he did in the Paul McGann film (let us not forget if that had kicked off we would be having an american produced Dr.Who on our screens)...

He won't be doing the snake thing again, it's pretty obvious he's in the ring and that being shot by his missus was all part of some contingency plan he had in place in case things went tits up. That body is gone though, so unless he had a clone body lined up we probably won't be seeing Simms Master again, which is a good thing really.

I enjoyed the finale, I guess. It had its stupid points (personally, the way that it all was turned from peril and doom and gloom to everything being fixed was a bit naff) but on the whole it was pretty good. Saxon was decent, he was meant to be a loose cannon and that made him that extra bit dangerous. And yup Rokhed's right, the Masters death was obviously a back up plan he had made so he can return somewhere down the line to try and wreak more havoc.

It was sad to see Martha go, I was worried she was gonna get shot but for her to leave of her own free will was all right. I look forward to seeing her again next year, but it could be done supremely lamely as well - I'll probably never see her in Torchwood though! :p

On the whole, it was a good series that had its great moments as well as its wickness. Actually, one other thing, with the Doctor being so old and everything, I was half preparing myself for him to regenerate and for them to have fooled us into thinking Tennant lives on a wee while yet.

He won't be doing the snake thing again, it's pretty obvious he's in the ring and that being shot by his missus was all part of some contingency plan he had in place in case things went tits up. That body is gone though, so unless he had a clone body lined up we probably won't be seeing Simms Master again, which is a good thing really.

You didn't like Simm as the Master?

Jack being the Face of Boh is an odd development, but does explain how he knew the doctor wasn't alone as will have experienced all the stuff with the master that happened in the last few episodes...

Too right that was weird. You can see what they're trying to do by linking everything together and all, but I dunno if the idea of the legendary Face being that bufter Captain Jack is a good one, lol. :confused: