NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

I'm actually thinking that the Master didn't become evil because of looking in to the eye of whatsisface, but it actually started from resentment towards his parents for that awful bowlcut and just snowballed from there.

I'm actually thinking that the Master didn't become evil because of looking in to the eye of whatsisface, but it actually started from resentment towards his parents for that awful bowlcut and just snowballed from there.

Lol! Possibly, i thought that kid looked evil already... Maybe he was just born evil!

Watching The Sound of Drums. Thought it was meant to be good?

;490434"]Watching The Sound of Drums. Thought it was meant to be good?

Which slavering sycophant told you that?

Well better than the average Doctor Who episode which I find alright, as is this one but everyone was acting as if this was better but im 35 minutes in and yet to see an original idea - many of them just rehashes of the last three years.

Nor do I find it Anti-American. In fact I find it Anti-British. Its the arrogant better-than-them approach that is coming out of most peoples mouths nowadays. (Im not saying one is better than the other but more that people just presume they are better because its their country)

Dear lord the use of 'Voodoo Child' is just awful. Music in shows should be used for effect, not just because it was popular when the episode was made.

;490444]Well better than the average Doctor Who episode which I find alright' date=' as is this one but everyone was acting as if this was better but im 35 minutes in and yet to see an original idea - many of them just rehashes of the last three years.

Nor do I find it Anti-American. In fact I find it Anti-British. Its the arrogant better-than-them approach that is coming out of most peoples mouths nowadays. (Im not saying one is better than the other but more that people just presume they are better because its their country)

Dear lord the use of 'Voodoo Child' is just awful. Music in shows should be used for effect, not just because it was popular when the episode was made.[/quote']

You were expecting originality?

It was just a mess of stolen ideas thrown together.

Anyone else getting the feeling that RTD is about to kill off John Simm and the rest of the Time Lords again? If he likes this show so much I don't get why he even killed off several major alien races such as the Time Lords, Daleks, Cybermen and others. He also has a tendency to wipe out every new alien race before the end of the episode. The Racnoss are dead, Sycorax, Weeping Angels, etc.

Anyone else getting the feeling that RTD is about to kill off John Simm and the rest of the Time Lords again? If he likes this show so much I don't get why he even killed off several major alien races such as the Time Lords, Daleks, Cybermen and others. He also has a tendency to wipe out every new alien race before the end of the episode. The Racnoss are dead, Sycorax, Weeping Angels, etc.

To be honest, no.

Yes, RTD has been pretty xenophobic with other races, but I'm pretty sure the episode title 'last of the timelords' is going to be ironic, and a reference to the Masters plan to bring back the timelords in his own image.

If anything I see David Tennant out the door and a new regeneration for the Doctor.

Davis didn't write all the episodes.

And he certainly didn't write that all the TimeLords died.

Davis didn't write all the episodes.

And he certainly didn't write that all the TimeLords died.

Yes, he did.

You need to look at that again, first mention of the Doctor as the last of the timelords was 'End of the World', an RTD episode. Unless I missed a mentioning in the first episode of the new shows 'Rose' which coincidentally was also an RTD episode.

Oh sorry, thought you were on about the Davis didn't write all the episodes.

And you sure about the whole time war wasn't written in the old old series?

Davis may not write all the episodes but as show runner he is part of all stages. The overall storyline planning, episode by episode planning and he will read and rewrite all episodes. Its his direction, just other people's words - which are what he wanted to say.

If anything I see David Tennant out the door and a new regeneration for the Doctor.
Tennants not leaving at the end of this series! Next series though, yeah (or at least Series 4 was said in the past).

To everyone moaning about the use of 'Voodoo Child' I don't think it was meant as a soundtrack over the Masters actions,

wasn't it the Master himself who was playing the song, because didn't he say something like "that's enough of that" and turn it off?

If so it puts a different dynamic on it's use, because it's showing what a warped character the master has! How he can cause so much chaos and destruction, but have a joke with it!

But I mean really, as wacky as The Master is would he really pick a song from some recent Aussie band which topped in at number 3 in the UK charts? I mean comeon, theres better songs with drums mentioned out there.

Off the top of my head...Little Drummer Boy by The Dandy Warhols :p

If so it puts a different dynamic on it's use, because it's showing what a warped character the master has! How he can cause so much chaos and destruction, but have a joke with it!

Yea. I thought "Voodoo Child" was used to great effect.

Sycorax, Weeping Angels

None of those were wiped out. Just all the ones who invaded Earth were.

Positive.

To everyone moaning about the use of 'Voodoo Child' I don't think it was meant as a soundtrack over the Masters actions,

wasn't it the Master himself who was playing the song, because didn't he say something like "that's enough of that" and turn it off?

Regardless, the Master should never have been that light hearted a character.

I know he's regenerated, but he's regenerated before and never changed essentially. Unless RTD tells Simms to change his portrayal of the Master I'd rather he didn't come back as is, although I'm pretty sure he will, no matter what the outcome for the Master, he always comes back.

Oh sorry, thought you were on about the Davis didn't write all the episodes.

I'm not 100% but im pretty sure no mention of a time war was done before these new episodes started, the timelords existed back then i believe?

Positive.

Oh right, ok.

Well I would have really liked to see some episodes with the Timelords in, and there planet.

Boo too you Russell!

Well I would have really liked to see some episodes with the Timelords in, and there planet.

There's plenty of episodes like that, just don't expect some poncy Doctor and state of the art CGI.

Regardless, the Master should never have been that light hearted a character.
True, but they are just trying to mirror the doctors eccentric behaviour aren't they in this latest incarnation, to make him a very like for like rival, almost like a brotherly rivalry (to try and make him more appealing to the new series audience maybe?).

]But I mean really' date=' as wacky as The Master is would he really pick a song from some recent Aussie band which topped in at number 3 in the UK charts? I mean comeon, theres better songs with drums mentioned out there.[/quote']No I think they chose the song very wisely.

The Masters only meant to have been in the UK for something like 18 months, was it? He wouldn't exactly take much of an interest in earths musical back catalogue, but Voodoo child would have been an extremely popular song on the radio throughout his time on earth and he would have made an instant connection to it!

Just rewatched Utopia and The Sound of Drums in preparation for tonight. So hyped!

Thank you to this thread for making me see that The Weakest Link is on!!

YAY!

Two Annes?!?!?

Oh christ!