NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

I really enjoyed 'An Adventure in Space and Time' on BBC 2 just now.

Same here. I'm man enough to admit I almost shed a tear at the final scene

Same here. I'm man enough to admit I almost shed a tear at the final scene

Yeah same here. It did a great job of showing how much the show meant to Hartnell and how he influenced the show beyond his years.

I really liked

the Cameo of the 11th Doctor at the end too .

iplayer link for those that missed it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/p01kqt9x/

Dammit got beaten to it with the Google thing of the day :) Looking forward to watching Adventure in Space and Time tonight when I get in from work thanks for the iplayer link @Helmsy.

Just watched An Adventure in Space and Time. David Bradley deserves many awards for that performance.

Ok then......

I really enjoyed it for the most part, only bit I thought was a bit weak was the Zygon stuff. Oh and I was disappointed to not see Rose and David Tennant's Doctor interact

:(

I am a bit confused though. We already knew that Galifrey wasnt destroyed, so did Matt Smith's considering all that happened during David Tennants last episodes (cant remember the name)

What caused John Hurt to regenerate?

Seemed like he suggested old age

The Peter Capaldi cameo!

That was brilliant...utterly brilliant.

Loved the cameos by Capaldi and by Tom Baker as a future Doctor. The entire episode was brilliant. It had a massive movie feel. I am completely happy with it.

Ok then......

I really enjoyed it for the most part, only bit I thought was a bit weak was the Zygon stuff. Oh and I was disappointed to not see Rose and David Tennant's Doctor interact :(

Not quite

It explained that Ten & War wouldn't remember it, that War would remember it as him having destroyed Gallifrey. It won't be until now in the Doctor's life where he'd realise it's not true.

I am a bit confused though. We already knew that Galifrey wasnt destroyed, so did Matt Smith's considering all that happened during David Tennants last episodes (cant remember the name)

Edited by Serebii

that was utterly amazing! the greatest Doctor Who episode!

I want more episodes with War Doctor! John Hurt made an amazing Doctor and its a shame that it was at the end of his life

its brilliant how it all was explained away that he'd forget the paradox created by not using The Moment, and not remember until he was the 11th....no 12th Doctor...

And that Tom Baker cameo, well we no know that after the 13th regeneration something will happen to allow him to regenerate, but also control how he regenerates (that will give hope to all us Tennant fans who hope he will degenerate back to Tennant Doctor)

The Time War had an end, Galifrey falls no more!

brilliant

Also fuck Eccleston for turning down appearing in the episode!

that was utterly amazing! the greatest Doctor Who episode!

I want more episodes with War Doctor! John Hurt made an amazing Doctor and its a shame that it was at the end of his life

its brilliant how it all was explained away that he'd forget the paradox created by not using The Moment, and not remember until he was the 11th....no 12th Doctor...

And that Tom Baker cameo, well we no know that after the 13th regeneration something will happen to allow him to regenerate, but also control how he regenerates (that will give hope to all us Tennant fans who hope he will degenerate back to Tennant Doctor)

The Time War had an end, Galifrey falls no more!

brilliant

Also fuck Eccleston for turning down appearing in the episode!

The thing is, regeneration can be controlled.

Romana went through several regenerations before choosing her second, trying them out like outfits.

The sisterhood of Karn also allowed for The Doctor to choose his regeneration from 8 into War, too

That was brilliant, just brilliant.

To start with, Cineworld actually did some things before it started. We were all offered Jelly Babies on the way in, and people dressed as the fourth Doctor, Davros, Cybermen and some Daleks came in (there were three screens used at the Cinema I went to) and gave a performance, as well as posed for photos.

There were also some film trailers specifically made for the 50th with the theme of Doctor Who: Mr. Peabody & Sherman (it mentioned WHO travels in time and WHO always wears a bow tie or something like that) and Anchorman 2.

Anyway, onto the 50th.

First off, the disappointing thing: Eccleston not recording the regeneration. I don't understand how that didn't happen. He comes across as a heartless.

Anyway, the chemistry between the three Doctors was great, and Billie Piper actually acted better than she was as Rose Tyler (personally, I think The Moment didn't choose that image - I think a part of Rose became the consciousness of the device while the power from the heart of the TARDIS was inside her). It was pretty much all about the characters.

Also, I think that one of the themes of the show is important about the future of The Doctor as a character. Eccleston, Tennant and Smith were childlike and eccentric, coming up with silly words and saying silly catchphrases, with romances and the like; as well as being young. These, as Hurt suggested, were because they were ignoring what happened. Now that situation has been resolved, the next Doctor (Capaldi), well we already know he's older, so I'm expecting to be a calmer, less crazy Doctor. It will be interesting to see.

Also, I knew Capaldi would make a brief appearance, mainly due to how they made a fuss about it. Even in the cinema itself before the showing, Ron Burgundy was talking about Capaldi becoming the next Doctor who? The clips of all the rest, and them all standing near the end, was also brilliant.

As for Tom Baker, I took this as a future version of The Doctor, who chose an old face.

That last 20 or so minutes was like none stop sexual pleasure.

Edited by bryanee

Yeah Billie Piper was really great in this. Was it my imagination or did she look at Tennant's Doctor with longing for a brief moment? as though she was more than just Bad Wolf/The Moment.

This episode was set before the end of the last one right, so the Christmas special picks up from that one?

how all the Doctors came together/know how to all come together at the end?

Edited by Retro_Link

Yeah Billie Piper was really great in this. Was it my imagination or did she look at Tennant's Doctor with longing for a brief moment? as though she was more than just Bad Wolf/The Moment.

This episode was set before the end of the last one right, so the Christmas special picks up from that one?

how all the Doctors came together/know how to all come together at the end?

11 talks about visiting Trenzalore, so this is after.

Also, I presume that The Moment pulled them all through time.

it must to set after!

It was just the way the start of this one didn't follow on at all from the previous one, but that's the Christmas special isn't it.

Urgh I get so confused though, because he's going to turn into Capaldi in the Christmas special but Smith was the Doctor in this episode set after...

He was at Trenzalore in the last episode before this, as well...

it must to set after!

It was just the way the start of this one didn't follow on at all from the previous one, but that's the Christmas special isn't it.

Urgh I get so confused though, because he's going to turn into Capaldi in the Christmas special but Smith was the Doctor in this episode set after...

Nope. That episode is after this one.

The Name of the Doctor was on Trenzalore, at his grave site.

Then this episode

The Christmas Special is on Trenzalore, but earlier for Trenzalore and later for The Doctor

The Name of the Doctor was on Trenzalore, at his grave site.

Then this episode

The Christmas Special is on Trenzalore, but earlier for Trenzalore and later for The Doctor

How did this episode not follow on from the end of The Name of the Doctor?... Clara was trapped inside the time stream?

How did this episode not follow on from the end of The Name of the Doctor?... Clara was trapped inside the time stream?

They had a way out, it was stated in The Name of the Doctor. It was implied and they got out. When The Doctor grabbed Clara and turned from War Doctor, they went towards a way out. Simple as that.

They had a way out, it was stated in The Name of the Doctor. It was implied and they got out. When The Doctor grabbed Clara and turned from War Doctor, they went towards a way out. Simple as that.

lol, ok fair enough then.

How come when the first time round the War Doctor pressed the button, all this didn't happen?... Just because his future selves didn't exist then?

But then in the same sense nor does Peter Capaldi or Tom Baker 2.

Shouldn't the story have played out this way first time round for the war doctor too?

Edited by Retro_Link

lol, ok fair enough then.

How come when the first time round the War Doctor pressed the button, all this didn't happen?... Just because his future selves didn't exist then?

But then in the same sense nor does Peter Capaldi or Tom Baker 2.

Shouldn't the story have played out this way first time round for the war doctor too?

The way I understand it is he never pressed the button. There's no 'first time round' because it's just what we saw. The War Doctor forgets the events that occurred (as does Tennant's doctor) because of the time streams being crossed or whatever (writer's excuse for having the last 7 seasons mention the time lock so much when it never happened).

So he goes back and finds Gallifrey and the Daleks have disappeared and must assume that he really did press the button. Which is why Ecclestone, Tennant and Smith all think they did it too, right up until this episode.

I thought it was a brilliant episode but I do have a question of my own...

All the Doctors are looking at Gallifrey in the end? I was thinking the next series would be the Doctor searching for it but if he knows where it is already... so will he be able to break them out of stasis and Gallifrey will be free again?

Edited by The Peeps