NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

Rewatched last nights episode again today and noticed (which I didn't yesterday), Oswin emphasise as the last thing she said to The Doctor... "Remember Me"... and smile and look at the camera.

Which could obviously just be telling the audience that she'll be back... but quite probably is connected to how her character is brought back.

Odd thing is Jenna-Louise character is rumoured to be called Clara Oswin in the christmas episode, maybe she still is. :hmm:

Odd thing is Jenna-Louise character is rumoured to be called Clara Oswin in the christmas episode, maybe she still is. :hmm:
Still is what?

I can't help but wonder why I bother watching this, it always finds new ways of plunging the depths of predictability. Plus it isn't really that good.

Although I was overjoyed over the divorce in the beginning, but as usual love shine a light at the end right on schedule.

I never understand why Rory is with her. She's such a miserable, pouty self obsessed cow. Amy is positively cruel to him on a regular basis and yet the Doctor and everyone else around them seems to totally ignore that.

Where's Rory's real friend who pops up and go "tell he to fuck off! She treats you like CRAP!"

That was awful. Dr Who has just gotten worse and worse. The last good episode was the one where River Song died, back in the library and that was an age ago.

I thought it was a fun, silly ep.

Not everything has to be serious, dark, broody etc.

Come on guys, have fun!

Yeah, I liked that one too! Well... apart from those stupid robots which were a bit too Sarah Jane Chronicles.

I thought it was a fun, silly ep.

Not everything has to be serious, dark, broody etc.

Come on guys, have fun!

No one said anything about it needing to be gritty, it was just utterly piss poor.

I hate that it gets away with criminally bad writing just because it's Dr Who. I think it's about time Dr Who was relegated to after school crap-fest schedual.

I loved it!

I liked it a lot more than Asylum of the Daleks.

I was completely surprised by the "internet's" reaction. I need to stop reading it.

Sometimes I swear people are expecting Battlestar Galatica when they watch Doctor Who.

It’s a bloody kids show with dinosaurs and spaceships and egyptian queens and double entendres.

I'm sure kids utterly loved it and that makes me happy. Doctor Who makes me feel like a kid again, this episode especially.

I enjoyed it... of course it could have been better but it's Doctor Who so what do you expect? ::shrug:

Providing each episode is relatively entertaining in some way then I'm reasonably content but I don't really expect much more from it, that would just seem like asking too much I suppose. :indeed:

Not trying to seem like I'm 'hating' on the show because I do enjoy elements of it, I just have realistic expectations. :)

Yeah, I liked that one too! Well... apart from those stupid robots which were a bit too Sarah Jane Chronicles.

Yeah, the robots were the one thing I would remove from the episode, but other than that, it was a good ep. Not amazing, but a good fun romp

The robots really annoyed me, and reminded me of those terrible twin autobots in ROTF!

Aside from them it was alright, a typical second episode, but very much aimed at children this time

I do think that there is an arc in this series afterall, based on the trailer we had before the show started with Amy yelling at The Doctor after he doesn't show mercy for someone in next week's episode and the fact that he essentially killed Solomon. Now he's in the shadows and travels alone, he's going down a bad path and maybe it ties in with how Amy and Rory leave

I thought that episode was brilliant. Not amazing storytelling brilliant, just great entertainment brilliant.

The robots really annoyed me, and reminded me of those terrible twin autobots in ROTF!

I thought that Mitchell and Webb were great.

Edit: Something that was pointed out to me that made me like the "Pond" comments even more (The Doctor calling Rory's dad a Pond) is that the name Amy signed on the document last week was "Amy Williams", so legally their names are Amy Williams and Roy Williams.

he's going down a bad path and maybe it ties in with how Amy and Rory leave

I think they're setting something up with Amy and Rory wanting to carry on their normal lives, about how The Doctor is missing lots of their life. The months between visits in Pond Life, Amy mentioning how she's "missed this", stating that it's been 10 months since Asylum of the Daleks (even longer if there has been any off-screen adventures involving Amy and Rory) and Rory mentioning how he's 31 - so the Ponds are now living in the year 2020.

Edited by Cube
Automerged Doublepost

A pretty standard episode. The inclusion of the extra characters seemed a bit arbitrary, but they were enjoyable, especially Rupert Graves and Mark Williams, so it's all good. I was a bit surprised that the Doctor killed Solomon off just like that - definitely not his standard modus operandi. It could be that it ties together with Amy and Rory not being with him; the companions have always been there to keep him "human". He seems to want to let them live their own life together now, but Amy doesn't seem quite ready to let go yet. Still massively curious and anxious as to how they're going to leave the show.

Well I quite enjoyed Episode 1 and was surprised and confused by the inclusion of the Odwin character and throughout I was like I'm sure this is the girl who is the new companion....only to find I was right. So be interesting to see where this goes...I hope we are seeing her at the "beginning" of her tale rather than the end like River Song.

In other news just started watching Torchwood, so all of them are up on Netflix.

Like I said above, I think if you hate an episode you do have to remember that the show is aimed at people who weren't even born when Christopher Eccleston was the Doctor. She loved it, so that makes it worth it.

It's like Harry Potter or something. It is meant for kids but there's no shame in enjoying it yourself.

(I love that she totally ships Dory)

Doctor Who isn't aimed at kids at all as far as I've ever thought or been aware.

The Sarah Jane Chronicles, sure... and Torchwood an older audience, but Doctor Who should be about striking that middle ground that the whole family can get involved with and enjoy on different levels.