NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

Neil Gaiman To Write Who?

Does the appointment of Steven Moffat as new executive producer on Doctor Who mean an influx of new talent for the space-and-time-travel show in 2010? Rumormeister Rich Johnston definitely seems to think so, and he's dropping a particularly big name as a potential future recruit to Moffat's writerly army: Sandman creator Neil Gaiman.

Johnston, a long-established fan of both Moffat and Who, devoted the start of his "Lying In The Gutters" column yesterday to looking at what the future may hold for the BBC's flagship Saturday show under its new ruler:

Well, some people see Steven as transforming Doctor Who into something very different. That's not true, Steven has been a cheerleader for Russell's work on the project from Day One and will continue in that vein. Indeed, he may well fight aganst what is expected of him. But odds are we'll get some more fun time travel stories out of it, maybe a slight tweak towards intricate structure, and some interesting geek-friendly names.

Such as the rumour running around my BBC sources that Neil Gaiman being approached to write an episode for 2010. That would be this Neil Gaiman, comic author, fantasy novelist, screenwriter, poet and writer of the Duran Duran Biography 1985... [W]hen I asked Neil if he'd care to comment, he pleaded the Francis saying, "You may very well think that, but I could not possibly comment."

I do very well think that. I do.

Of course, nothing will actually have been commissioned by the BBC at this stage, and there's many a slip 'twixt cup and prosthetic lip, but it's looking good.

Gaiman isn't the first unexpected big-name writer to be attached to the show, of course; actor, writer and leading dancercizer Stephen Fry was to write an episode of the third season before scheduling conflicts forced him to pull out, and there's been a floating, entirely unsubstantiated, rumor that Grant Morrison would be writing something for the series since Christopher Eccleston was announced in the role. Nonetheless, having a New York Times best-selling author join the writing staff even for one episode would be a publicity coup for Moffat in his new role. Let's see if we can wait two years before finding out whether it turns out to be true or not.

Just seen this weeks episode, twas good, two parter though and wtf happened to... Spoilers. :heh:

Yer yesterdays episode was good. Wasn't very happy it was a 2-parter though with an episode not being showed last week coz of eurovison. Oh well next week's should be good!

I'd rate it at 7 out of 10, see, not enough happened to be truely concerned for the characters, but i am very eager to discover how donna will get out of the mess she's in, and who the girl is

my theory is thusly

She is uber

done :) but next weeks episode looks stand alone amazing

A good episode. I like how they didn't explain obvious things like they sometimes do (who the girl is, who River Song is, the people saved thing, what happened to Donna, etc).#

Edit: Did anyone else thing that parts of the library looked a bit like Rapture from BioShock?

Lol, dunno about that but i reckon the woman is a new assistant...

She could be the doctor in a future incarnation. :p

Good episode! I didn't know it was a two parter until it was almost over and I realised there was no way everything was gonna be resolved in one episode. Looking forward to next weeks conclusion to see how they get out of this mess and to find out what the deal is with the things that have been left unrevealed.

She could be the doctor in a future incarnation. :p

It would be funny for the Doctor to go on a date with his future self.

Edit: As for the Bioshock designs I was mainly referring to the signs:

thelibrarycg5.jpg

It would be funny for the Doctor to go on a date with his future self.

Edit: As for the Bioshock designs I was mainly referring to the signs:

thelibrarycg5.jpg

Sort of Cube

s4_08_gra_03a.jpg

bioshock_logo.jpg

Thoughts:

That chick is the doctor.

That episode was so "Matrix" ie: the real world wasn't real, the imagination was real.

It was well acted and written however.

My thoughts and guesses to whats going to happen:

There is something dodgy about those faces, i remember them saying they were made from real flesh. So why havn't the "shadows" eaten them?

She may be his daughter again? older though... actually why would she be called River Song then? Although didn't the Ood say something about the "doctors song" coming to an end. Hmmmm.

Good episode.

That doesn't need a spoiler box does it?

Nah... It's hardly a spoiler if its already happend ;)

It was a great episode. Although my Sky box froze when he was explaining what the library was. but i kinda got it. i would say a solid 8/10

She may be his daughter again? older though... actually why would she be called River Song then?

And why would she be dating the Doctor?

Who said they were dating? I missed that part. I heard her calling him "sweetie".

Also the song, river by Joni Mitchell is ace.

On a related topic, I was thinking about Dr. Who in one of my more boring lessons in school (I work as an assistant teacher nowadays), and noticed that someone had written Bad Wolf on the window. This would have freaked me out less if I wasn't working in a school in Japan.

I'd rate it at 7 out of 10, see, not enough happened to be truely concerned for the characters, but i am very eager to discover how donna will get out of the mess she's in, and who the girl is

my theory is thusly

She is uber

done :) but next weeks episode looks stand alone amazing

His Daughter

And why would she be dating the Doctor?

David Tennant is dating his Doctor Who co-star Georgia Moffett, reports say.

The Scottish actor was spotted leaving his home with 23-year-old Moffett, who plays his on-screen daughter on the cult BBC show, over the weekend.

A friend of Moffett said: "They have been going out together for a while now but meet up at each other's house so as to avoid being spotted by Who fans.

"David can't go anywhere without attracting attention and it's early days so they don't want any distractions or fuss made about what's going on.

"It started with some friendly dinner dates but has progressed quickly and they are now in a serious physical relationship.

"Even with his busy schedule, David is making a lot of time to spend with her, so he must really like her."

Moffett is the daughter of former Doctor Who star Peter Davison.

the doctor did say he'd been/gets married (during "blink")

and he doesnt give his sonic screwdriver to "anyone"...

is it first name: river, last name: song? or *something* riversong....?

and she's not his daughter: "this is the youngest i've ever seen you"

as for donna... "4000 saved, 0 survivors" ...? maybe she's data. plus~ if her *face* is there, and her face is made of...well, face... and the little air piranha are on their way with mr.who-turned-out-the-lights....... :eek:

So incestous...

If they get married and have kids than the Doctor's step dad will be the Doctor and the Doctor's wife will be his daughter and his son will also be his grandson and his wife's brother.

the doctor did say he'd been/gets married (during "blink")

and he doesnt give his sonic screwdriver to "anyone"...

is it first name: river, last name: song? or *something* riversong....?

and she's not his daughter: "this is the youngest i've ever seen you"

as for donna... "4000 saved, 0 survivors" ...? maybe she's data. plus~ if her *face* is there, and her face is made of...well, face... and the little air piranha are on their way with mr.who-turned-out-the-lights....... :eek:

The doctor was married, he had a daughter and a grand daughter, he travelled with his grand daughter, she was the first assistant, but they all died, which he mentioned in the daugther episode.