NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

I neither fear nobody nor respect anyone because they try to make me fear them.

If it works for you then thats peachy, but someone trying to intimidate me into respecting them would personally make me feel the opposite.

(although to be fair, I don't respect anyone that much. Any respect is quite minor)

I don't try to intimidate anybody, just my size and peoples judgmental attitudes do it for me.

I don't try to intimidate anybody, just my size and peoples judgmental attitudes do it for me.

Fair enough.

You know what they say:

'It is better to be feared than to be loved.'

November 27, 2007 - Dr Who Series 3 DVD release -

Amazon have this very good looking, exculsive sleeve!

i1030128_saxon.jpg

Me wants...:hehe:

I prefer the American boxart, with Martha/Freema on. Was harsh she was replaced in the UK for John Simms.

I prefer the American boxart, with Martha/Freema on. Was harsh she was replaced in the UK for John Simms.

Apparently the R2 box set (not the Amazon exclusive Master cover) is double sided, The Doctor and The Master on one side, and the R1 cover on the other, like how season 2 had The Doctor and Rose on one side and a Dalek and Cyberman on the other.

Is Dr Who as successful in America as it is here?

Quite successful I believe. Its shown on BBC America which, unsuprisingly, shows BBC-made shows....in America.

Meh. Doctor Who DVDs are way overpriced.

That's the BBC for you, the millions, if not billions, they make from the licence fee just isn't enough for them.

That's the BBC for you, the millions, if not billions, they make from the licence fee just isn't enough for them.

Argh! Stop, please.

And to save time.

Rokhed: No. I have the right to my opinions...license fee is overpriced...why do I need it BBC is crap...internet lets me watch what I want...

Others: Thats fine but you're always moaning.

Rokhed: I can if I want

yadayadayada.

Now lets skip past it.

Peter Davison to make 'Doctor Who' return?

Peter Davison will reprise his role as the fifth Doctor alongside David Tennant in an upcoming Children in Need special, according to a tabloid report.

An insider told The Sun that Davison, who starred in Doctor Who for three seasons between 1981 and 1984, was "top of the writers' list to make a comeback" for the charity event, which will take place on November 16 on BBC One later this year. The source also added: "The Doctor is forever travelling though time so there’s no reason why he couldn't catch up with a former incarnation."

The show will reportedly be written by Steven Moffat, who was responsible for acclaimed stories such as 'The Empty Child' and 'The Girl in the Fireplace'.

In 1993, a two part special entitled 'Dimensions in Time' was broadcast as part of Children In Need, featuring all the surviving actors to play the Time Lord returning to their roles, with the action taking place in EastEnders' Albert Square.

The BBC is yet to confirm the veracity of this story.

Taken From Digital Spy

Doctor Who to take gap-year

David Tennant's appearance in the fifth series of Doctor Who looks uncertain after it was revealed there will be no new series in 2009.

The fourth series, starring Tennant, is due to hit TV screens next year, but the fifth will not be seen until 2010.

Instead, Tennant, will star in three Doctor Who specials, written by Russell T Davies, on BBC One in 2009.

A spokeswoman for Doctor Who said she was unable to comment whether Tennant would return for the 2010 series.

Tennant, 36, will reportedly play Hamlet with the Royal Shakespeare Company from July to November next year, but this has not been confirmed by the RSC.

'Best loved'

Series four, which went into production in July, will hit UK screens in spring 2008 with a special episode scheduled for Christmas 2008.

Comedian Catherine Tate is set to return to the Tardis for the complete 13-week run, reprising her role as Donna from the 2006 Christmas special.

Actress Freema Agyeman, who won praise for her portrayal of assistant Martha Jones, is also set to return during series four.

BBC Fiction controller Jane Tranter said: "Doctor Who is one of the BBC's best loved and most successful dramas.

"Its journey over the past three series has been one of the most ambitious and exciting that we have had, and I'm delighted to be able to confirm not only three exciting specials for 2009, but a fifth series in 2010. "

Menna Richards, controller of BBC Wales, said: "This announcement is marvellous news for all involved, and more importantly for the programme's amazing fan base and audience."

Taken from BBC News

Well at least this confirms that Tennant is staying for the next season.

So who thought to themselves Catherine Tate would be a good choice in the first place?

:cry: about waiting longer than a year for a full new series of Doctor Who in the future.

It seems an odd coincidence that they decide not to make a series of Doctor Who when Tennant is busy. Does that mean that the BBC want him to be on the show for longer?

:cry: about waiting longer than a year for a full new series of Doctor Who in the future.

You can always buy the DVDs to satisfy your sexual desires for David Tennant.

You can always buy the DVDs to satisfy your sexual desires for David Tennant.

hmmm, maybe the extras will have him speaking in his normal accent :D

*cums*

hmmm, maybe the extras will have him speaking in his normal accent :D

*cums*

Have you seen the Ready Steady Cook with him (and his dad)?

Have you seen the Ready Steady Cook with him (and his dad)?

I haven't seen that, I imagine it was a good laugh?

Interesting point as well about them taking a break from it when David mightn't be available to play. I reckon they should keep him as the Doc as long as possible, when he was named as getting the role after Christopher Ecclestone I wasn't convinced, but now after a series or two I think he's a pretty lively and fun Docter.

I'm really unsure how Catherine Tate is gonna be bearable for a whole series.

Interesting point as well about them taking a break from it when David mightn't be available to play. I reckon they should keep him as the Doc as long as possible, when he was named as getting the role after Christopher Ecclestone I wasn't convinced, but now after a series or two I think he's a pretty lively and fun Docter.

You really don't find his inability to emote the necessary emotions for the character a problem?

You really don't find his inability to emote the necessary emotions for the character a problem?

I dunno, I guess I thought he'd be a lot worse than he's turned out- from being Cassanova and all. Obviously some parts of his acting are a bit... off, but I think when the episodes come to the point where everything falls into place and the Doctor gets into his groove that David Tennant pulls it off very well.

On the whole though, I think he's been good in the role. Just cos he's younger than you, old guy! :heh: