NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

They're going to have to tone down Tate's character a lot if she's the new companion, or a lot of people will be sick of her after the first episode. Why do all his new companions have to be Londoners?

Well thats gone and pretty much ruined Doctor Who for me then, cant stand bloody Catherine Tate!

Maybe she will be a bit calmer now, her previous experiences jading her a bit.

Still, I would have preferred the male companion idea I heard knocking around. Would have been a different dynamic.

I'm not happy about this really, Donna in every episode could become a bit grating. I'm hoping for some sort of surprise when Martha returns, maybe Donna isn't really Donna but someone shape shifted to look like her to get a key to the Tardis.

I absolutely hate the Catherine Tate Show, but thought she was fantastic in Doctor Who!

After the brilliant Rose she was a refreshing change, offering a different type of companion and thought it would be good if she was in a few new episodes.

Think she could be good!

;493877]

Still' date=' I would have preferred the male companion idea I heard knocking around. Would have been a different dynamic.[/quote']

I'd have preferred a companion that was anything but a female from present day.

Give us an alien, someone from the future, or the past, a robot, anything else.

The whole 'girlfriend' bit is just boring.

I was a bit shocked when I first read the news, but I think she will be fine. I did not like her in the Christmas special much, but I did warm to her in the last 10mins or so if I remember correctly. People made a fuss when Piper joined the Doctor, saying she couldnt act etc, so it's just deja-vu again in a sense.

I can't say I'm extatic about Tate's apointment. She's not too bad an actress, but I fear her character maybe rather too grating to live with over the course of a fulls season.

For me though, the silver lining is perhaps we may finally get a companion that isn't just there to fawn over the Doctor while he dosses about in his scarf/trenchoat/Georgian frills. It's a 70s hangover and it's out of touch with the rest of the world. Give him someone to kick him in balls every now and again. Tate's character evidentally isn't designed as a simple piece of eye-candy. Perhaps she could be the one to fill that role.

wow, well that is a surprise. I couldn't see her joining Doctor Who properly! I'm going to need to watch the xmas special again, remind me off her character...

As far as I remember her character seemed to mainly consist of screaming and shouting of "Wha's goin' on" and "Help me doctaaaaaaaaaa" to the point where you pray that either the tv explodes or your ears fall off. Really bodes well for the next series!

i think Catherine Tate worked for one episode and that she won't work for an entire series...unless she is severly toned right down, I mean right down otherwise it will just grate, I just can't see how she will fit in.

It's another use of the "girlfriend" dynamic, there was quite a bit of mutual tension between them in the xmas special even though the doctor had just lost rose, no doubt when martha returns there will be arguements, I just see it being very tiring and boring, I was hoping for a male or an alien, but no such luck...

Yer it does seem like a bit of an odd choice. I would of thought they would of gone for something different for this next series.

Came across this today, those of you thinking Martha Jones going to Torchwood to expand her character might want to watch it to remind themselves just how one dimensional the characters in Torchwood really were.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlboOGbM94c

**Cringe**

This has probably been linked to before but here it is again... the Whogasm!

The nerdgasm is still worse. Possibly because I hear it several times a week...

DrWhoKylieBBC_468x587.jpg

you theif!

as you stole the pic i showed you i'll add the little bit of info....

Pop princess Kylie has begun filming her guest appearance in popular television show Dr. Who in the city of Cardiff. The Aussie songbird makes a return to acting as a guest assistant to the Doctor, played by actor David Tennant, in Titantic-themed episode, 'Voyage of the Damned'.

The dramatic episode follows on from the cliffhanger ending of series three where viewers witnessed The Titanic crash through the Tardis walls.

Kylie is said to be "thrilled" at being asked to join the cast for a special appearance and Doctor Who executive producer and head writer Russell T Davies confirmed: "We are delighted that Kylie Minogue will be joining the Doctor.

"Doctor Who Christmas specials are always a joy and we feel very confident that this will be the most ambitious and best Christmas episode yet."

I totally did cos you wouldn't have put it up.

maybe, i first saw the pic like 4 days ago :heh: