NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

Rokhed's right

Story of my life.

You didn't like Simm as the Master?

No, it just wasn't the Master. I don't blame him though, he was only doing what RTD told him to.

Story of my life.

No, it just wasn't the Master. I don't blame him though, he was only doing what RTD told him to.

To be fair, I don't think the old Master would have been menacing enough for the season finale, considering we see that same typical persona in a lot of TV programmes and movies now.

Just watched the repeat on bb3 (never get to see the one on sat). I enjoyed the episode, sad to see the series end though.

That whole captain jack thing is bit odd. How can the human body evolve into the face of boe? A big head in a container?

I'm a little confused though, what is the story behind the drumming beat in the masters head? I av prob missed something bu i dont really understand it?

I have to agree, the Masters of old were far more evil, as I said before John Simms is one of my favourite actors, but he simply didn't nail the master, this is because of how he was told to play it without a doubt... his performance was great just not as oldies would remember the master...

That whole captain jack thing is bit odd. How can the human body evolve into the face of boe? A big head in a container?

Well, he IS over 5 billion years old at that point. He won't exactly look pretty.

Well, he IS over 5 billion years old at that point. He won't exactly look pretty.

Face of Bo was in episodes set way before the year five billion. That one set on a news station, there was a news article mentioning him and that was set about the year 200000 or something.

Ah yes good point. Well The Doctor turned into a little creature with a big head so anything is possible!

I wonder if in the next series we will see how Jack becomes the face of boe, although that would mean writing Jack out...

I wonder if in the next series we will see how Jack becomes the face of boe, although that would mean writing Jack out...

Doubt it, that plot device is pretty much dead now.

What would be the point?

I think the Master's Drumming will become his signature over the coming series, when he comes back he'll be in a different body. The give away at some point will be a pan down to his hand which is drumming away in the same beat, a nice bit of dramatic irony.

The drum beat reminded me of the intro to "lateralus" by Tool. :)

DUHdumduhDum!

Just heard on Radio 1 news,

Freema will be in about half of Series 4 and about 3 episodes of Torchwood.

There's also talk the doctor may have two companions next series; though one is just likely to be Freema when she's in the series.

I think the Master's Drumming will become his signature over the coming series, when he comes back he'll be in a different body. The give away at some point will be a pan down to his hand which is drumming away in the same beat, a nice bit of dramatic irony.

When he dies he said the drumming stopped.

The drum beat reminded me of the intro to "lateralus" by Tool. :)

DUHdumduhDum!

It's actually the baseline to the theme tune.

Freema will be in about half of Series 4

Phoning up every other episode?

I know, Rokhed, but it just reminded me of that Tool song as well.

I was a little gutted to see John Simms die. That guy has barrels of energy, really entertaining to watch. Still, I thought it was inevitable.

When he dies he said the drumming stopped.
No didn't he say, 'will it stop, tell me it will stop' or something like that.

You are then just left to assume that it did stop along with his death and that he finally found peace.

However, if he's not actually dead and his spirit (or whatever) will re-appear in another form in the future, there's nothing to say the drumming won't continue!

Infact that could lead to a much intense, unpredictable, evil master in the future. If he knows the drumming will NEVER stop and that he'll be forever consumed by it, it could result in more oportunities for him to snap at any point!

It was recently announced by the BBC that Doctor Who's Martha Jones - played by Freema Agyeman - will cross-over to Torchwood for a three-episode arc in the second series, before returning midway through the fourth series of Doctor Who, to the TARDIS, the Doctor, and a new companion.

sauce? why wiki of course (torchwood)

No didn't he say, 'will it stop, tell me it will stop' or something like that.

You are then just left to assume that it did stop along with his death and that he finally found peace.

However, if he's not actually dead and his spirit (or whatever) will re-appear in another form in the future, there's nothing to say the drumming won't continue!

Infact that could lead to a much intense, unpredictable, evil master in the future. If he knows the drumming will NEVER stop and that he'll be forever consumed by it, it could result in more oportunities for him to snap at any point!

It's likely he isn't dead and that his spirit will continue in some from, but perhaps by dying he will have escaped from this drumming?

There's little doubt in my mind he will return, even before they showed his ring being picked up I was pretty sure it would happen. The Master has managed to extend his life so many times, I think it was Peter Pratt who appeared as a black mouldy decaying Master who had already lived all his lives but was still trying to live (does beg the question how since he has managed to regenerate, also the fact that the doctor potentially only has a few more (3?) regenerations left) and it seems his underlying passion in life, not to die, perhaps he knew he would rise again and wanted to die in his current physical form rather than be a slave of the doctors?

EDIT: ignore that bit in bold, rewatching it, realised that the Timelords gave him an extra life to fight the Time War

I can't remember all the episodes that the Face of Bo was in. I would really love to see them again now that it is known that the Face is really Jack. Can anyone give me a quick rundown of what episodes he was in and what part he played?

I thought it was a pretty good ending really, although the floating, all-powerful Doctor didn't really seem right. also I was disappointed throughout the whole series that Martha just wasn't developed as much as Rose was in the previous seasons. They just didn't give her such a big part, and if they'd written it better she could have been just as good as Rose.

Crazy, as I write about Rose, the song Rose by the Feeling has just popped up on iTunes shuffle. Spooky...

I can't remember all the episodes that the Face of Bo was in. I would really love to see them again now that it is known that the Face is really Jack. Can anyone give me a quick rundown of what episodes he was in and what part he played?

I thought it was a pretty good ending really, although the floating, all-powerful Doctor didn't really seem right. also I was disappointed throughout the whole series that Martha just wasn't developed as much as Rose was in the previous seasons. They just didn't give her such a big part, and if they'd written it better she could have been just as good as Rose.

Crazy, as I write about Rose, the song Rose by the Feeling has just popped up on iTunes shuffle. Spooky...

The End of the World (first appearance, sponsored the safe viewing of the end of the Earth and was on board the space station)

The Long Game (mentioned on the TV network news)

Bad Wolf (see the Weakest Link part)

New Earth (patient at the hospital, dying of old age, and tells the Doctor they will meet one last time)

Gridlock (meets the Doctor towards the end and tells him that he is not alone)

Utopia (flashback explaining Professor Yana's name)

The Last of the Time Lords (we actually learn that Captain Jack is the Face of Boe)

It seems that Jack/Boe's Invincibility stretches as far as Rose went. It starts fading at New Earth (he seemingly got better at the end - probably because Rose was there), and died in Gridlock (23ish years after Rose's last appearance in the Universe).

Sort of makes sense.

edit: I'm talking about Jack's timeline - not the "normal" timeline. He starts dying after the last time he ever meets Rose.

It said on the commentary that they included the scene involving the master's ring being picked up next to his ashes to give future series producers room to bring him back when they want, but there'll be no more master in Series 4.

RTD also said that his plan was always to bring back one well loved villain a series as the main enemy for that series (daleks, cybermen, Master) and that trend will continue into series 4. Which begs the question, who is next?

My money is on Davros but I'm not sure how they could do it.

RTD also said that his plan was always to bring back one well loved villain a series as the main enemy for that series (daleks, cybermen, Master) and that trend will continue into series 4. Which begs the question, who is next?

My money is on Davros but I'm not sure how they could do it.

Who else is there?

Not many other bad guys have made multiple appearances really.

Personally I'd like to see either the Sontarans or Zygons.

More bad news Rokhed00.

Kylie Minogue has signed up to appear in this year's Doctor Who Christmas special alongside David Tennant.

The Australian singer will start filming one of the lead roles for the episode this month in Cardiff, Wales.

It has been confirmed that the storyline for the show, Voyage of the Damned, will follow on from the end of series three where the Titanic crashed into the Tardis.

Executive producer of the show, Russell T Davies, said about the news: "We are delighted and excited to announce that Kylie Minogue will be joining the Doctor. Doctor Who Christmas specials are always a joy and we feel very confident that this will be the most ambitious and best Christmas episode yet."

Kylie was also pleased to be on board, saying: "It is an incredible thrill to be joining David and the entire Dr Who production for this year's Christmas special. Dr Who enjoys a unique history and it is going to be very exciting to be a part of that." :indeed::shakehead

Doctor Who to get extra companion

Freema Agyeman

Agyeman's character, a trainee doctor, arrived in the show in March

Doctor Who is to have a new companion when the drama returns - but there will still be room for his current co-star.

Actress Freema Agyeman is to play Martha Jones in three episodes of spin-off show Torchwood. She said it was a chance to "expand" her character.

She will miss the first half of the fourth series of Doctor Who, but will then return to the BBC One programme.

The new companion will be revealed soon and will appear in the entire 13-week run, which begins filming this month.

Former Crossroads actress Agyeman, 28, impressed producers with a brief appearance in the minor role of alien expert Adeola.

They invited her to try for the part of David Tennant's sidekick when Billie Piper left at the end of the second series. The show is in its fourth series since its revival in 2005, having ended previously in 1989 after 26 years.

Freema Agyeman and John Barrowman in Doctor Who

Martha Jones will spend more time with Torchwood's Captain Jack

The third series of Doctor Who, which concluded in the UK on Saturday, had gained "outstanding reviews", according to Russell T Davies, its executive producer and head writer.

"Freema has been a huge part of that success, gaining rave notices for her portrayal of Martha," he added.

"Now we are taking the character of Martha into brand new territory with a starring role in Torchwood."

In May, Agyeman told BBC News how overwhelming it felt to be constantly recognised in public.

"Everyone's calling my name so it feels surreal," she said, as she walked up the red carpet at the Bafta TV Awards.

Phoning up every other episode?

A friend of mine had a decent idea on how to handle the cross over. After the three episode arch in Torchwood Freema will get a bit of break and appear in the last six or seven episodes in Doctor Who. Her first episode will be the Doctor-lite episode and she will be the one trying to save the Doctor and/or his companion. (Personal note, I know David Tennant is in most scenes of the show for many weeks but come on, you signed on for that. He gets many months in which he could do nothing. Buck up.)

Anyway. Alright finale. The religious subtext was lame and John Simms prancing around like a fairy to 'I Can't Decide' pissed me off because that song has personal meaning.