NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

Douglas Adams must be spinning in his grave.

Unless he helped conceive 24, I very much doubt it.

99% chance of The Master.

WOW i so wish thats true!!! I'd go mental ^_^

Next weeks looks a bit War of the Worlds doesn't it? Victorian setting, the green falling star. Homage or rip off?

Series 3 of Doctor Who seems to be the king of ripping off other programs/books/films. For christ's sake, last night's episode name was the opposite of 24!

Next weeks looks a bit War of the Worlds doesn't it? Victorian setting, the green falling star. Homage or rip off?

Rip off.

RTD wouldn't give credit to God if he rewrote the bible.

Series 3 of Doctor Who seems to be the king of ripping off other programs/books/films. For christ's sake, last night's episode name was the opposite of 24!

It managed to recreate the whole "timer is just shoehorned in" effect from 24, too.

The episode started a bit slow, but the last part was great. I'm glas that this series is focusing more on The Doctor and The Doctor's feelings.

The episode reminded of the black hole with the guy being possessed. As much as I find the program amusing, this series seems to have gone off the boil a little. But all this talk of 'the master' etc is getting my hopes up for some awesome epsiodes.

Neither. It's based on the Doctor Who novel "Human Nature", considered by many as one of the greatest Doctor Who novels ever.

Besides, the adaptation for the TV series is based in 1913 (not the victorian era.

What's the Doctor got against Jack?

The Doctor has only just got over Rose. Jack will remind him of her once again....

NOW Douglas Adams can spin in his grave. I wonder of there's a restaurant at the end of the universe.

Neither. It's based on the Doctor Who novel "Human Nature", considered by many as one of the greatest Doctor Who novels ever.

Besides, the adaptation for the TV series is based in 1913 (not the victorian era.

Ah, so the book ripped it off. That's okay then :wtf:

I think it's great that people are already calling an episode they haven't seen a rip off of War of the Worlds! Feel free to criticize a show, just try and do it AFTER you've seen it! :heh:

I'm still trying to recall where attacking scarecrow-like creatures come into the original HG Wells novel.

I'm still trying to recall where attacking scarecrow-like creatures come into the original HG Wells novel.

Just after the bit where the Police Box materializes out of nowhere!

I think it's great that people are already calling an episode they haven't seen a rip off of War of the Worlds! Feel free to criticize a show, just try and do it AFTER you've seen it! :heh:

Everything's a rip off, there is no such thing as original thought anymore.

Ugh, way to miss the point entirely everyone. In fact, your commens suggest you've completely understood, but decided to be entirely ignorant anyway. Why?

I mean, I made a single comment about how some scenes int he trailer were similar, and the Dr. Who faithful have to jump all over me. Jesus Christ, get over it. You'll feel a lot better.