NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

Nobody can deny that Tennant has brought a certain appeal to the show. If the fashion columns are to be believed their are housewives up and down the country bullying there beloveds into trying on slim fit trench coats and light cotton suits. Tennant's on Parky right now with largely female audience practically drooling all over him.

Hmm John Simm's Master fake name is Mr Harold Saxon, which could be a easteregg to The Time Meddler, who disguised himself as a Saxon monk to help King Harold fight William the Conqueror.

I'm willing to bet that's it actually. There's clearly a time traveller of some kind knocking around, but evidentially not an actual time lord.

I'm willing to bet that's it actually. There's clearly a time traveller of some kind knocking around, but evidentially not an actual time lord.

The time meddler was a time lord though, he had a Tardis anyway, and only time lords are meant to be able to operate a Tardis.

The time meddler was a time lord though, he had a Tardis anyway, and only time lords are meant to be able to operate a Tardis.

Some of the Doctor's companions have been able to operate the TARDIS on occasions. Personally, I reckon Saxon is actually Adric, out for revenge on the world which hated him for being such an annoying little tit. Although...

saxonringsymbol.jpg

That's quite a nice ring that Saxon's wearing in the trailer. More to the point, it bears the Seal of Rassilon, the Gallifreyan crest.

who was that man who warned marthas mum about the doctor is HE the master?

Probably someone who works for The Master? Just watched last night's episode, and I think it was the poorest of the season so far, but the trailer for the coming weeks, does look very promising and adult. The Doctor gets tortured! I thought last night's episode was slighly "rude" aswell. When trapped in that machine with Martha, he got his sonic screwdriver and seemed to go down on her, if ya kno what I mean :heh: plus you had the young proffessor snogging Mavis from Corrie! Ewwww!

the trailer for the coming weeks, does look very promising

It wasn't a trailer for the next episode, it was a montage of the whole rest of the series.

It wasn't a trailer for the next episode, it was a montage of the whole rest of the series.

your kidding :o those bastards i thought jack was to return next ep!

your kidding :o those bastards i thought jack was to return next ep!

I expect it was deliberately meant to be misleading to hold peoples interest because of the week off next week and the decreasing viewing figures they've been getting lately.

Wha? Damnit, that's to compensate for dumping Doctor Who for Eurovision, isn't it? Anyway, I thought that all that happening in one episode was a bit too much, and out of the order they said the characters would appear.

The scarecrow creatures are probably from Blink. It's one of the episodes we've heard the least about, and is said to be a creepy/very scary one as it's written by the same writer who did The Empty Child (and Girl in the Fireplace). Who's the fat guy that needs a Time Lord?

The bit where Martha and the Doctor are in those separate capsules is from the upcoming episode, as it was shown on Parkinson last night in Tennant's interview.

Captain Jack and Derek Jacobi (The Professor), are both characters meant to be in the episode before the final two-parter?

John Simm. Ooh, this'll be interesting. Nice point by Jack about the Gallifrey Crest, but what's with his little drum beat on the table?

I expect it was deliberately meant to be misleading to hold peoples interest because of the week off next week and the decreasing viewing figures they've been getting lately.

Well they needn't have bothered, the last episode gave them the best figures of the night with a 37.1% share. Just as long as it keeps as many people away from Vernon Kay as possible.

Meh, I knew that. I said "coming weeks" in my post :heh:

John Simm. Ooh, this'll be interesting. Nice point by Jack about the Gallifrey Crest, but what's with his little drum beat on the table?

The episode that John Simm's Master first appears in is called "The Sound of Drums" and the rumours has that Master plan has something to with Toclafane, Valiant & Archangel.

Tellyn!

The scarecrow creatures are probably from Blink. It's one of the episodes we've heard the least about, and is said to be a creepy/very scary one as it's written by the same writer who did The Empty Child (and Girl in the Fireplace). Who's the fat guy that needs a Time Lord?

Human Nature (Part One)

Paul Cornell's novel of the same title, in which the Doctor temporarily gives up his Time Lord physiognomy and his memories to become a human being, "forms the basis" for the episode. However, the overall plot is unknown apart from the presence of the Jack Straws. Russell T. Davies has stated in Doctor Who Magazine that the plot will differ from the book. The episode is set in England in 1913.

The Family of Blood (Part Two)

The Doctor decides to be a human who works at a 1913 boarding school and briefly gets married. But there is a strange chill in the air and lights in the sky. Are the mysterious Family of Blood working for an even bigger threat?

Sounds quite exciting! And yes Captain Jack is back in the episode before the final two parter.

OOOO i'm liking this episdoe!

like a cheaper version of Sunshine! lol

It was aright. I liked the pseudo-24 conception. I'm also always glad when somebody figures out that you can't actually hear anything in space.

WOW A solar impact timer comes in handy doesn't it, I guess every space ship is fitted with one.

I want Captain Jack :(

Nothing special. Only liked the last 15 mins...

I wonder what The Doctor wanted to tell Martha, when he was afriad that he would die? Maybe that the assistant "becomes" the new Doctor, in that case?

Or wasit nothing, and he was just gonna warm her about the regenaration process?

Nyway, next week's episode looks wkd. Prefer the ones set in the past.

WOW A solar impact timer comes in handy doesn't it, I guess every space ship is fitted with one.

I want Captain Jack :(

awww, er, i mean . . . isn't his episodes coming up very soon?

Great episode tonight. Also building up nicely for he entrance of Mr Saxon.

Great episode tonight. Also building up nicely for he entrance of Mr Saxon.

just who the god damn in hell is he?!?!

Or wasit nothing, and he was just gonna warm her about the regenaration process?

Nyway, next week's episode looks wkd. Prefer the ones set in the past.

Pretty sure thats what he would have said. Also agreed about the next one looking mint.

Anyone else think it was like a cross between The Impossible Planet/Satan Pit, Frankenstein, 24 and Star Wars?

IMPOSSIBLE PLANET/SATAN PIT RESEMBLANCES

1. Doctor's space suit returned from The Satan Pit.

2. The premise of the episode was a space ship was being sucked into the Sun (last year it was a Black Hole).

3. The crew members were possessed.

FRANKENSTEIN

4. 'It's alive! It's alive!'

5. The time limit.

6. The cliffhanger at the end.

7. The phone tapping done by the Saxon woman.

STAR WARS

8. When the first person was fried, it reminded me of when Han Solo was encased in carbon.

9. The possessed crew members with the helmets on were breathing like Darth Vader.