NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

I don't agree, his emotional range is extremely stilted, at his most angry/hateful he doesn't look like anybody has done anything worse than spill his pint, I mean glass of wine, despite being scottish he doesn't look like he could drink his way in to a wet paper bag.

I think I gotta agree with some of this, there's some bits I've seen where he just seems like he's trying to act, and failing. It usually is at the angry shouty bits too.

Apparently ratings always take a dip when there's an early start. The Dalek ratings weren't that great to begin with, so I don't think they want them any lower.

Further proof, if any were needed, that the BBC care more about the shows ratings than its viewers.

Television network in "wanting people to watch its programmes" shocker.

But the idea is that BBC is publically funded through the license fee, and thus they should be a) providing more of a quality selection and b) not be worried about ratings (because other networks get money through ad revenues and such).

Maybe someone should let them in on the secret (to them anyway) of quality writing instead of just throwing all the budget in to special effects. Seriously have you seen the writing credits for some of their writers 'Evolution of the Daleks' was written by an ex 'Doctors' writer, and the man responsible for 'the Lazarus experiment's credits include the Bill and Where the Heart is. Other writers credits include Queer as Folk, Shameless, Childrens Ward, Casualty, Coronation Street, Holby City, Murder most Horrid, and many more successful TV shows that just aren't science fiction. No wonder the show comes across as a cross between a soap, a comedy and a kids show, that's the background for all their writers.

No wonder the show comes across as a cross between a soap, a comedy and a kids show, that's the background for all their writers.

That's the whole bleedin point though surely? Doctor Who isn't Battlestar Galactica or SG1 or Firefly, with planets that all look suspiciously like the LA foothills, futuristic martial arts and fleets of Americans and their make up crews. It's prime time family entertainment, not your average zero-gee wankfest.

That's the whole bleedin point though surely? Doctor Who isn't Battlestar Galactica or SG1 or Firefly, with planets that all look suspiciously like the LA foothills, futuristic martial arts and fleets of Americans and their make up crews. It's prime time family entertainment, not your average zero-gee wankfest.

It's true the show has never been hardcore science fiction, but it was always written by writers with experience in the genre, and it was never drivel written for the lowest common denominator like it is now.

I wonder where they got that monster design from in tonight ep. :rolleyes:

U3_creature.jpg

U3_creature.jpg

I thought it looked more like an over sized scorpion with a human head on.

Was disappointed with the look of John Simms Master from next episodes preview, I'm sure he'll play the part well enough, but without black hair and a goatee it just isn't the Master.

I thought it looked a bit like the scorpion king from the mummy.

Yay Captain Jack is back :D

Yeah I know!! It was a cross between that and Sadlers final form!

The episode was a cross between Resi 4 and Spiderman 3!

I thought he was sending them up into the tower so he could ring the bell for the soundwaves to defeat the monster, but he played the organ instead!

Next weeks episode looks awesome!

Who was the guy who spoke to Martha's Mum? The name she said meant nothing to me! I thought maybe it was another Time Lord (seeing as they return), pretending to be someone!

Also, was there a white Tardis in the preview of next weeks show? Or was I just seeing things?

Was disappointed with the look of John Simms Master from next episodes preview, I'm sure he'll play the part well enough, but without black hair and a goatee it just isn't the Master.

Wonder why John Simms Master has touble breathing and how does a man know about the timelords Rokhed?

Also, was there a white Tardis in the preview of next weeks show? Or was I just seeing things?

I also saw a white tardis doors opening up into space.

Cool!

Do all Time Lords travel in Tardis'?

If so then I guess another one makes an appearance next week, which I expect will be a two-part episode!

Wonder why John Simms Master has touble

Why does the Master ever have troubles?

and how does a man know about the timelords Rokhed?

Same way anybody knows anything, somebody told him.

Your kidding?! He isn't the Master then in my eyes...altho they have tried it once before with the awful movie come back with Paul Mcgann (sp?), but then that wasn't actually the masters body but only a possessed body...

Don't you ever pay attention watching the show, the inside of the Doctors Tardis door has been white for as long as they've used this design for the Tardis.

Do all Time Lords travel in Tardis'?

If so then I guess another one makes an appearance next week, which I expect will be a two-part episode!

Yes, but they don't look like a police box, it is clearly the inside door of the Doctors Tardis.

why cant i watch this on catch up tv? ive got virgin and its not coming up

Wonder why John Simms Master has touble breathing

He doesn't. Watch the trailer again on the BBC site - the guy in the seat next to him doesn't look very healthy. My guess is he's gassed the entire room and is using the mask to breathe oxygen.

This site says the best DrWho sereis is Christopher Eccleston one. :blank:

I'd say there's definitely an argument. I can see why some may have found him a tad abrasive for the role, but I personally very much enjoyed his northern charm.

This site says the best DrWho sereis is Christopher Eccleston one. :blank:

What would they know, they take RTD seriously when he says the show is dark and gritty.

And FYI Pertwee > all other Whos.

What would they know, they take RTD seriously when he says the show is dark and gritty.

And FYI Pertwee > all other Whos.

Same here about Pertwee. : peace:

Tbh i prefer Eccelston over Tennant...

Tennant may be a better actor over all, but he just doesn't play the part as well.

Hmm John Simm's Master fake name is Mr Harold Saxon, which could be a easteregg to The Time Meddler, who disguised himself as a Saxon monk to help King Harold fight William the Conqueror.