NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

I warmed to Dalek Sec's character :love:

Yeah he was a nice Dalek haha :P

But how cud the Doctor hold on to that pole for all that time?

Super glue?

Doctor Glue, he's magic like that. Can't believe he dropped his screwdriver though, amateur! You'd think he'd have learnt something simple like holding onto it at a crucial moment given the amount of adventures he's been on and how long he's been around! Silly doctor.

As for the episode, I liked it. I was never a big doctor who fan before this recent revival(i can only remember the 1996 telemovie, and barely) and I haven't watched it religiously(i did rather like torchwood though), I tend to not like the dalek episodes, for such a deadly race the doctor seems to live alot, and they seem a bit pants like. I dunno, maybe it's just me. I did like how today's ended though, also like that last dalek basically giving the doctor a big 'fuck you' and teleporting away, classy.

Ugh, that was pretty painful to watch for the most part. I quite liked the Hybrid, but almost everything else seemed a bit off.

I now await Rokheds enraged banter.

At least Martha got to use her medical training, even if the extent of it was knowing one end of a bandage from the other.

The Doctor takes Martha back home to her family to allow her to complete her medical studies. Meanwhile, Martha's sister Tish is working for Dr. Lazarus, a 76-year-old scientist who develops a device that alters his DNA and de-ages his entire body. However, trouble arrives in the form of the villainous Lady Thaw, who tries to steal the de-aging device and obtain immortality for herself. But it is soon clear that the kindly Dr. Lazarus is more than meets the eye, and human DNA begins to twist into monsterous form...Meanwhile, unbeknownst to the Doctor, the wheels of a deadly trap have been set in motion.

Actually, it's "Dalek-Caan".

I still presume, due to the pronounciation, its meant to be a p.c.r. Or at least thats how im interpretting it.

Oh dear mighty (or something like that) reading what Dante just posted looks like we're in for another fantastically crap p.c.r. next week with 'Lazarus'.

Yeah I don't really watch the show for the narrative, just to pick about these things.

The Doctor takes Martha back home to her family to allow her to complete her medical studies. Meanwhile, Martha's sister Tish is working for Dr. Lazarus, a 76-year-old scientist who develops a device that alters his DNA and de-ages his entire body. However, trouble arrives in the form of the villainous Lady Thaw, who tries to steal the de-aging device and obtain immortality for herself. But it is soon clear that the kindly Dr. Lazarus is more than meets the eye, and human DNA begins to twist into monsterous form...Meanwhile, unbeknownst to the Doctor, the wheels of a deadly trap have been set in motion.

Cue generic animal themed aliens.

I was hoping for The Doctor to scream "Caaaaaaaaaaaaaan".

Don't think Tennant has the emotional range to pull it off, his attempts at anger so far have been very unconvincing.

;430408]I still presume' date=' due to the pronounciation, its meant to be a p.c.r. Or at least thats how im interpretting it.

Oh dear mighty (or something like that) reading what Dante just posted looks like we're in for another fantastically crap p.c.r. next week with 'Lazarus'.

Yeah I don't really watch the show for the narrative, just to pick about these things.[/quote']

It's hardly p.c.r, Lazarus was resurrected in the Adventures of Jesus, this guy's de-ageing himself.

It's hardly p.c.r, Lazarus was resurrected in the Adventures of Jesus, this guy's de-ageing himself.

Lazarus was re-born, this guy is making himself younger which is near enough a rebirth. From the trailer it seems that he is doing it to feel young again, thus to be re-born into your younger self.

Adventures of Jesus. Awesome. I had a coupla Jehova's witnesses 'round on Saturday. I told them they weren't my dad.

Anyway...

David Tennant is a bloody good actor, even if Dr. Who is just mediocre, no-brains telly.

David Tennant is a bloody good actor

I don't agree, his emotional range is extremely stilted, at his most angry/hateful he doesn't look like anybody has done anything worse than spill his pint, I mean glass of wine, despite being scottish he doesn't look like he could drink his way in to a wet paper bag.

Bad news - next week's Doctor Who (the episode after Lazerus, that is) has been delayed by a week, just so we can all watch Scooch come last in Eurovision.

Bad news - next week's Doctor Who (the episode after Lazerus, that is) has been delayed by a week, just so we can all watch Scooch come last in Eurovision.

WHAT? Who in Time and Space watches Eurovision anyway?

What's wrong with an early start?

Apparently ratings always take a dip when there's an early start. The Dalek ratings weren't that great to begin with, so I don't think they want them any lower.

Apparently ratings always take a dip when there's an early start. The Dalek ratings weren't that great to begin with, so I don't think they want them any lower.

So what about the repeat, Dr Who Confidential, Totally Doctor Who and the Doctor Who Magazine. All of which are dependant on the episode getting shown on time?

WHAT? Who in Time and Space watches Eurovision anyway?

I watch Eurovision, its one of my most looked forward to events of the year.